There is a wind upon the heath dear.

There is a wind upon the heath dear.

A Poem by TrimarcoRansome

There is a wind upon the heath Dear

Upon it I hear you whisper,

I feel you on and around my skin

A mirage my mind to picture.

 

Your words  so wise within their guise

Your soul and spirit roam free,

I feel your arms wrapped around me

Each time you hear my plea.

 

Freed from the shackles of blight,

Two spirited souls unite,

I would gladly live forever

If I would stay within you tonight.

 

From far across the seeking miles

I feel warmth within your smiles,

Soaring high in the midnight sky

Together life has no trials.

 

Canine pneuma familiar

You crept right under my skin,

Fitting my breath a handmade glove

Like a string to my violin.

© 2013 TrimarcoRansome


Author's Note

TrimarcoRansome
This poem was heartfelt for a dear friend, I did do a polished version but I prefer this one. So here it is in its raw state, the way this one was meant to stay.
N.b. A familiar is a animal spirit used in European witchcraft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

My Dearest Helen From Across The Pond,
The opening verse is very powerful. I had to look up the word “Heath”, this brought added depth. The second line in that verse reminded me of the voice I hear in the tattering sound of the birch bark as a wind blows in winter, or as its leaves whisper in the summer the voice of the Great Mystery.
You second verse held this gem, “guise”, I felt you bestowed an honor with this word. This word blended within this verses consummation of what I would call gravitational force, was beautiful. It helped relay the depth of friendship possible between pneuma’s.
Verse three reminded me of the value of friendship, a treasure forever. And verse four reminded me of a word I love. “Malik” which in the Yup’ik language means companion. Not just any companion, but a companion for a journey of special importance. Though I do not watch many movies there was a movie called Lord of the Rings. In it there were two little guys of some type that set off together to destroy a ring. They would be a prime example of a pair of “malik’s. And this thought came to me in this line, a load split between two is much easer than carried by one. So verse four pack a punch to my ways of thinking.
The final verse I understood as when in training to be a counselor I was educated on many types of people groups we might encounter, and some of the cultural terminology. It is so important when working with people in this position of counselor that they feel comfortable, free, at total ease within the safety of your practice. If you understand what they believe one has a window to see them in depth. It helps bring down walls, it brings to them validation of themselves as a human being with as much value as anyone else on earth. So the long and short of it the word familiar I understood.
This was a very beautiful verse that was touching, I’m not sure I could do justice with words in the English language in trying to go more in-depth with it. The way you tied this whole poem into the last line with its focus drawn to a string on your violin was a most wonderful surprise. A thread of color that brought beauty to this tapestry.

Blessings,Your “Igarta Malik”, Writer Companion in Yup’ik

heath |hēθ|
noun
1 an area of open uncultivated land, esp. in Britain, with characteristic vegetation of heather, gorse, and coarse grasses.
• Ecology vegetation dominated by dwarf shrubs of the heath family : [as adj. ] heath vegetation.
2 a dwarf shrub with small leathery leaves and small pink or purple bell-shaped flowers, characteristic of heathland and moorland. • Erica and related genera, family Ericaceae (the heath family): many species, including the common European cross-leaved heath ( E. tetralix).
DERIVATIVES
heathy |ˈhiθi| adjective
ORIGIN Old English hǣth, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch heide and German Heide.
Heath |hēθ| |hiθ| |hiːθ|
Heath, Sir Edward (Richard George) (1916– ), British statesman; prime minister 1970–74. He negotiated Britain's entry into the European Economic Community.

guise |gīz|
noun
an external form, appearance, or manner of presentation, typically concealing the true nature of something : he visited in the guise of an inspector | : telemarketing and selling under the guise of market research.
ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French, of Germanic origin; related to wise 2 .


Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this one is sublime .So well crafted and yet short and sweet i love that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


TrimarcoRansome

10 Years Ago

Thanks Tate! I am not a fan of hugely long poems.
Sweet , lovely , heartfelt , smiles producing , therapy healing , nightly enchanting...:).........................

Posted 10 Years Ago


TrimarcoRansome

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami! I'm glad you liked it! I chose not to polish this one, I think for obvious reason!
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

OK. You are welcome...:)......................

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1007 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013
Tags: friendship

Author

TrimarcoRansome
TrimarcoRansome

Southampton, United Kingdom



About
Biography .Helen Trimaro-Ransome grew up in the Wiltshire countryside which hugely inspired her many creative talents and has remained working in creative fields during her adult life. After sitting .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..