Something to Think About

Something to Think About

A Story by Trisha Saban
"

We all have wondered if God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are real. It's always has and always will be debated, but here is a little something to think about.

"
There was a professor. In his class, he would have his students work on a project to prove that God did not exist. At the end of each class, everyday, he would ask his students, "If anyone still believes in God, please stand." At the end of each year, he would take a piece of chalk and say, "If God exists, he would stop this piece of chalk from hitting the floor." He would drop the chalk, and it would hit the tile floor, shattering into a million pieces.
For over ten years of the professor's teaching, no one stood up. No one protested. No one said anything, for they were afraid that they would be given a bad grade, or even disliked by their own teacher, and perhaps classmates. They all had different reasons for not standing up.
One day, a freshman, who was a Christian, came to class. At the end of the day, the professor asked for anyone who still believed in God to stand up. The freshman stood up from his chair. Everyone in the room turned to him, wide-eyed.
The professor yelled, "If God exists, he would stop this chalk from hitting the floor!" He dropped the chalk.
But instead of hitting the ground, the little, cylindrical-shaped piece of chalk hit the professor's stomach, rolled down his leg, off his shoe and across the floor. It stopped when it hit the fringe of the wall.
The professor's mouth gaped, and even the freshman was amazed. No one expected this to happen.

© 2010 Trisha Saban


Author's Note

Trisha Saban
I am a Christian, and I heard this story. Sorry, I did not put down the names, because I did not want any accusations to arise. Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Trisha Saban
Trisha Saban

United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hello! My name is Trisha Saban. My friend, Kathy, told me about this site and she thought it would be a good idea for me to sign up. I have no published books, but I hope to finish one I'm currently w.. more..

Writing
The Exile The Exile

A Story by Trisha Saban


So Cold So Cold

A Poem by Trisha Saban