How a car clutch works

How a car clutch works

A Story by Truckcare
"

The primary function of a clutch is to engage and disengage the engine to the wheel, it the most important part of the vehicle. If the clutch stopped working, then it is impossible to drive the car.

"

Clutch controls the shaft between the engine and wheel; it connects your engine to the wheel through the engine flywheel. When the clutch is engaged, the clutch disc is forced against the flywheel by great springs. Friction between the two parts forms the connection and transmit transmission. The spring holds the clutch disc against the flywheel to relax. The clutch discloses contact and stops spinning, breaking the linkage. In a car, you need grip because engine spins all the time. Stop without killing the engine; the wheel needs to be disconnected somehow. The clutch allows us to engage a spinning engine to a non-spinning transmission by controlling the slippage between them. It works according to the fiction created. Friction is caused by the peak and the valley of the surface. The clutch works due to the friction caused between the clutch plate and the flywheel. It is the useful part of the rotation of the shafts.


Components of Clutch


There are some major elements of the clutch. Some of the components are as follows:


Pressure Plate: It is the primary component of the clutch system, it pressurizes mechanism   which locks the disc to the flywheel so that vehicle can move. It has two primary functions:


  1.To hold the clutch assembly together

  2.To release tension that allows the assembly to rotate freely.


Clutch Disc: Clutch disc is a flat disc with friction material on both sides, it is placed    between the flywheel and pressure plate. It is locked to the flywheel when the pressure  plate is engaged and disengaged when the disc is unlocked.


Flywheel: Flywheel is an inertia device which is connected to the engine crankshaft. It  carries the ring gear used to start the engine. Moreover that, it stores energy to initiate the  engine.


Release Bearing: Release bearing is the actuating device the that engage and disengages the  pressure plate. When the pressure plate is de-pressed, the release bearing applies pressure    to the fingers of the pressure plate, When the clutch is released it restrict.


Release Fork: Release fork holds the release bearing, it pivots on a ball stud as the pedal is  pressed. Pushing the pedal rotates the fork towards the pressure plate. It forces the release  bearing against the plate and disengages the clutch.


About Truckcare


Truckcare has been working for a long time in meeting the requirement of the customers. The company has set a benchmark in providing best products in the market. Also, Truckacare believes in complete authenticity of the car parts. Apart from that, it has spread its wings on worldwide so as to target many markets. You can easily avail the product at affordable cost. It is essential to keep your vehicle in good condition to be safe. Truckcare never let you down when it comes to quality and durability of car parts. The enterprise follows all the quality check parameters to provide best products in the market. Truckcare has been the most trusted company in the market.

© 2017 Truckcare


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on August 29, 2017
Last Updated on August 29, 2017
Tags: Truckcare, Truck Parts, Car Parts, OEM, Replacement, Category, Brand, or Part Number, Online Store

Author

Truckcare
Truckcare

new york, AZ



About
TRUCKCARE is an Automotive Aftermarket division of a leading business group based in Dubai. It has emerged as one of the most reliable Automobile Spare Parts dealer for Cars, Trucks, Trailers & other .. more..

Writing