Pain

Pain

A Poem by True To My Word
"

These are the feelings of a guy that wants something in life and is going after it but the mother wants to protect him from what she thinks will be a mistake that he will not be able to recover from.

"

Pain 


Pain is looking at my mother and not being able to tell her that i love her and all i wanted to do was to make her happy, proud and win her approval, and all i managed to do was fail, disappoint and hurt her.


I wish i was something more than what i am , i shaped my self into something that you can't digest and feel ashamed to talk about.


Why not just be proud of who i am and look at my positives, for the qualities people love me and respect me for, i have another side to me , more than what you expected and that is the real me.


I love you for who you are and how you raised me even though it wasn't perfect but i still know how hard it was i could see your pain , i could see your struggle and still you managed to raise us right, healthy and educated. 


Your hopes and dreams getting shattered because i have chosen a path that i felt was right for me , for the person i am , for the mistakes i made ,and will make in the future. 


But only if you let me make my own mistakes and learn from them i will be able to have my own experiences, will be able to tell my own story , live the life i was created to live. 


Only if you let me chose my own path it will lessen my pain, it will lessen your pain to see me succeed in the path i choose rather than struggle on the path you chose for me. 


For we both will be in Pain knowing i could have done much better if i walked my own path, because i know all you want is your kids to succeed and win in life be happy and lead a healthy life.


I love you Mom

 

your Son. 

© 2017 True To My Word


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on May 14, 2017
Last Updated on May 14, 2017
Tags: Son, Mother, Pain, Feelings

Author

True To My Word
True To My Word

Karachi, Pakistan



About
I am new to writing, just trying to explore a way to vent out my feelings and experiences that I can not let people know on the faces. Confused,over flowing emotions, A lot on my mind more..