I was almost beginning to love the stars again

I was almost beginning to love the stars again

A Poem by Danielle
"

After a break up, it feels like you're always going to be left with a permanent scar. This poem uniquely describes that in a scientific and metaphorical way.

"

I was almost beginning to love the stars again. My brain was starting to comprehend, that every asteroid is different. I can explore new craters and history elsewhere, and that not all stars twinkle within your eye. I can find new galaxies and better bodies of mystery to examine. You were a new species, but I have dissected nearly every nerve within your perimeter. You have been stripped down and spot checked to your very last freckle of star dust. Just as I was beginning to love adventure again, you came back as a flaming hot meteorite with a tail of ashes from the past. You were shining so bright you burnt my eyes and now I forever have a burnt memory of you. No matter how many new skies I've yet to see on planets not yet explored. There will be you. I feel as though through trial and error of astronomical exploration within your sector that I must continue the scientific study.  I must push through and conclude, hopefully proving my hypothesis. Is love blinding?

© 2018 Danielle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on March 25, 2018
Last Updated on March 25, 2018
Tags: poem, poems, poetry, love, space, stars, galaxies, canadian, breakup