One-way street

One-way street

A Poem by Xfaerie corpseX
"

Inspired by a certain boy..

"

I've been traveling down a one way lane,
The way most others consider insane.


But it's been my way of life,
To live by the edge of the knife.


Forced down this street by unfortunate events,
I've had to adapt to these rapid, crazy currents.


Sway to the left, sway to the right
Just to survive, for one more day to fight.


It's time consuming and energy draining,
Fighting the flow where no ground is gaining.


Just when hope of turning around disintegrates,
A turn off appears, as cars slowly begin to dissipate.


But the question remains, I've gotten what I've wished for,
Now will i turn off to the left or push the gas to the floor?

© 2009 Xfaerie corpseX


Author's Note

Xfaerie corpseX
If i knew what to do, obviously i wouldnt have wrote this lol. this tis mainly just me getting my emotions out of me lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just your initial metaphor is brilliant and you take us all on the drive, looking for the right way to turn. We can feel it in your words.

Stephen Wright: “I live on a one-way street that's also a dead end. I'm not sure how I got there.”




Posted 13 Years Ago


I KNEW IT I SOOO SMART I HOPE WHEN I GROW UP TRISTAN AND I DO THAT SOUNDS FUNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11yer olds rule
luv ya abbie peace mall n pall

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was really awesome! I can relate to this a lot, and i feel what ur goin thru, too. This was a great vent. Loved it! :)

B.A.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You would push the gas to the floor and then turn to the left. Lol, cause your my mall, nothing is too insane for mall. She will throw her tires off and want to murder her parents and rob banks to buy hate parent club jackets. I feel ya mall, but I will never see things the way you do, cause your hand was delt no matching cards...if you catch my drift. But one day, you will draw one from the deck and signed at the bottom will be...


You've hit twenty one, looks like you've won,
Love Pa

Lol, I know you are more than given credit for, one day, we will ride golf carts through our luxorious mansion and laugh....when we're 78 year old little old women.....before that we party alot because we are filthy rich.

Ha ha ;)

Love your Pa(Pall) forever

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful poem, and I loved the rhyming scheme. I thought the emotions were expressed well and the ending left me thinking as well. I loved how you left a question at the end. Overall great job! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
5 Reviews
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 28, 2009

Author

Xfaerie corpseX
Xfaerie corpseX

About
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!Make your own banner at MyBannerMaker.com! more..

Writing