Divine

Divine

A Story by Anonymous
"

A dream.

"
     “What is the matter?” said the boy.
    “I’ve no answer,” I replied. With his raven hair against a white cheek, the phantom breathed with no mist to follow; I feared that my heart, with a beat so eager, would burst from my breast.
    “Have you been wronged?” said he, with a voice like the wind.
    “As have us all,” I stated tartly. I had begun to involuntarily grasp the hem of my frock with my slicked palms. “What of it, aside from that?”
    “Your heart,” the ghostly boy breathed, outstretching a hand to me, “it has been tested. Can you not see the toll that it has taken?”
    “Enough with your vagueness,” demanded I, “why do you come to me under these unfamiliar skies? What are you?”
    The white boy’s eyes were as a harvest moon, orange, and with character as such portrayed. Beside his feet were withered roses, graying and shriveled with petals resembling the skin of age. The smell of death was upon them; the stench of mortality; human flesh. The ghost’s eyes gleamed as he locked an amber gaze with mine.
    “To err is human;” said he, “to forgive, divine.”
    And with a flick of the wind’s tail and a gust of wailing snow, the white boy had returned to the sky, leaving my anticipation full to bursting. I parted my lips and inhaled the crisp frozen air, clutching at my heart.
    “I forgive.”

© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice job

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the old-fashioned feel to this. Nice job. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this; It's a very good piece :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


My favourite line would DEFINATELY have to be:

With his raven hair against a white cheek, the phantom breathed with no mist to follow; I feared that my heart, with a beat so eager, would burst from my breast.

You make it seem so real. You make the writing come alive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was simply an amazing piece. Incredibly powerful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. That was impressing. Your words had so much power in them. A very good story in a poem. It kept me reading. :3 It was very interesting and I've never really read anything like this from you before. I liked it! Good job, Jojo! XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


“To err is human;” said he, “to forgive, divine.”
A amazing story in this poem. The words and description were strong and powerful. A perfect ending to a outstanding poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

410 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011

Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..