Jojo?!

Jojo?!

A Story by Anonymous
"

Seriously, don't read this unless you are prepared to have your brain explode... Seriously.

"

“What the-”

Jess was interrupted by a flying spoon whisking past her left ear as she sidestepped barely quick enough for it to just miss her eye. She blinked and took a double-take before having to dodge another flying spoon. She grabbed a lunch tray and held it up against her face, turning to see Alexis, looking almost as horrified. Alexis glanced over at Jess, then back at whoever was shooting the utensils.

“Jojo, just calm down!” pleaded Alexis, trying to force a smile at the blonde girl on the other side of the table.

“Jojo?” Jess scoffed, putting down the tray. “Is that her new name?”

“She doesn’t listen unless you call her that,” muttered Alexis. She reached down into her schoolbag that sat under her seat and pulled out something wrapped in tinfoil, carefully beginning to open it up.

“What’s that?” Jess asked. Alexis opened it up, revealing a shortcake roll, stuffed with vanilla whipped cream and strawberry slices. Jess nodded and understood immediately. Jojo caught sight of the roll and thrashed around in the strait jacket, her glasses crooked and her eyes blazing crazily.

“Mine! Mine mine mine cake mine! Gimme cake gimme gimme it NOW!” she wailed. Alexis acted quickly and threw the roll at Jojo, which she caught with her foot.

“Ew,” said Jess, turning away as Jojo unwrapped the tinfoil completely with her bare feet and scarfing it down, whipped cream getting everywhere. Alexis glanced at Jess and sighed.

“This is so weird,” she said. Jess nodded.

“She was insane before, but now,” Jess started, “she’s totally snapped.”

“Most definitely. Do you think she still has Quinn?”

“Are you kidding? Quinn will always be in her head... But I’ve actually tried bringing him up to her, and she goes off her rocker when she talks to him. She’s totally fried!”

“I want to try to get Quinn here,” Alexis said.

“You’re crazy!” exclaimed Jess, nudging Alexis’ shoulder. Although she acted as if she was scared as to what Jojo would do once Quinn was there, she, in truth, was eager to see her reaction...

“Jojo, Jojo,” chanted Alexis; Jojo looked up after licking the last of the whipped cream off of the tinfoil and stared in a blank trance. “Does Quinn want to play?”

Jojo’s blue eyes widened and bulged as her mouth spread into a wild, twisted grin. She lunged out in her straight jacket, onto the lunch table. “QUINN WANTS TO PLAAAAAAY!” she screeched. “Don’t you think he looks fabulous today? My, my, my, I cut his hair MYSELF, why, yes, I did! I personally think he looks amaaaaazing!”

Jojo laughed like a psychotic mental patient and tugged at her strait jacket with her teeth, tightening the straps. Alexis and Jess slumped down in their seats, regretting ever bringing up Quinn, when she was already insane enough. Almost everyone in the lunchroom was staring at Jojo and the other two, horrified yet amused expressions wiped all over their faces. Jess turned to Alexis and rolled her eyes.

“What is wrong with her?”

 

Jojo’s POV

 

LooklooklookQuinndidyouseewhatIdid? Oh, why are those people staring over here? QUINN, YOU MESSED UP YOUR HAIR, DU DUMMKOPF! I DID IT ALL SPECIAL FOR YOU GAAAAAAAAAH! Das war ein besonderes Geschenk für Sie! DoesAlexishaveanymorecakeformeohIhopeIhope JESS, SHE HAS LONGER HAIR TODAY. Oh, no, it’s just me, I misunderstood, bahaha!. Hair doesn’t grow that fast, except for- We can play Jacks all day, or how about Time Out? Oh that game is so fun! It is so strange how my math teacher always says to me- Themadnessthemadnessmakeitquitoutofmyhead ALEXIS IS STARING AT ME WHYYYYYY?!

Oh, the friendly men are back. Is it nappy time? I think it-

 

 

“Wake up, Jojo,” whispered Jess, poking the blonde girl’s head with a plastic fork. Jojo’s eyes flew open and she snapped her teeth at the fork, ripping it from Jess’ grasp. Jess grimaced and wiped her hand on her sweatshirt in disgust. Alexis sighed from the other side of Jojo’s reserved hospital room and continued playing on her Nintendo DS.

“Why did you make me come here? You’re not even paying attention to her,” muttered Jess. Alexis looked up from her system and smirked.

“I brought you so that you could be the one to entertain her; not me,” she replied. Jess cursed under her breath and glanced over at Jojo, who was biting her teeth into the straps of her strait jacket and making cat noises. The doctors had dressed Jojo in her favorite outfit to put her in the best of moods: bare feet, tie-dyed yellow-and-pink skinny jeans, a baggy gray-fleeced blouse, rainbow-checkered glasses, and headband with a large pair of pink anime cat ears.

“Wanna play, JJ?” giggled Jojo in a slurred, sing-song tone.

“JJ?!” demanded Jess through clenched teeth. Alexis looked up and shot Jess an angry glare, which she noticed right away and scoffed.

“She doesn’t respond to anger,” said Jess, folding her arms. “I could yell her all day and she wouldn’t even acknowledge it.”

Jojo blinked, meowing.

“You really wanna play?” asked Jess. “Fine, let's play a game, Jojo.”

“Yay!” she giggled, squirming around in her jacket. “What game should we play, JJ? You pick!”

Jess turned away for a minute and glanced at Alexis, seeking suggestions. Alexis simply shrugged and mouthed “just improv”. Jess thought for a minute and turned back to Jojo, smiling.

“Let's play ‘I Spy’, Jojo,” she said to the girl. Jojo grinned widely and nodded her head, the cat ears flopping around.

“I'll start!” wailed Jojo. “I spy, with my little eye, something...pink!”

Jess looked around for anything pink and spotted a large pink potted flower in the corner of the room. She pointed to it and looked back at Jojo, who was waiting for Jess’s answer eagerly.

“Is it a flower?” Jess said. Jojo sneered and shook her head wildly.

“Nonononono!” cried the girl, struggling to sit up. “It’s the room, silly. It's all pink.”

Jess was confused. “The room?” she asked.

“The walls of this room are all pink and fuzzy. It’s like they're talking to me,” said Jojo, a tired smile on her face. Her eyes softened and suddenly looked more cloudy than insane. “I think they're pretty.”

Alexis and Jess exchanged looks of worry. Jojo was acting stranger than before. She stopped struggling in her strait jacket and sat back, looking around the room, smiling spacily in a way that made Jess think of someone hopelessly senile.

“Jojo, are you there?” said Jess, waving her hand in front of the girl's eyes. “Are you with us?”

“I don't know,” replied Jojo quietly. “Are you with me?”

Jess stepped back from the girl, shocked at the otherworldly look that Jojo had on her face. It looked as if she was asleep with her eyes open. Jess hesitated to come any closer to her.

“Jojo,” she said. “Tell me how many fingers I'm holding up, okay?”

Jess held up three fingers.

“What fingers?” asked Jojo, her eyes drifting to the window and her face looking eerily peaceful.

“Dear God,” said Jess.

“What?” said Alexis, a panicky tone in her voice.

“She just seems like...she's half dead or something. She's completely gone.”

“She can't be!” Alexis screamed. “You're just overreacting.”

“Look at her!” Jess persisted, grabbing hold of Jojo's shoulders and shaking her back and forth. “Wake up already!”

Alexis watched, horrified, as Jojo didn't respond in any way. She looked almost unconscious as her eyes glazed over. Jess began to panic.

“Come on, this has to be a joke or something!” she said. “Wake up! I don't care if you're crazy, at least be insane instead of like this! Come on!”

Jojo's eyes turned to Jess. She smiled.

“You don't care?” Jojo said, her grin spreading wide across her face. “Silly JJ. It was part of the game.”

Jess was quiet, and then pushed Jojo back. “You idiot,” she said, “don't scare me like that!”

Jojo started to squirm again. She giggled and made a high-pitched squeal. “If you get me out of the cushy room then we can play more games!” she said, her eyes wildly glittering. “Quinn didn't get to play in that last one!”

Jess was silent but then smirked at Alexis.

“What?” Alexis asked, putting away her device.

“What do you say we get Jojo out of the strait jacket and make a break for it?” Jess suggested. Alexis thought for a moment, turned to Jess, and shrugged.

“Why not? What have we got to lose?” she said, smiling.

Jess and Alexis nodded in unison and turned to Jojo.

“Ready, Jojo?” said Jess, patting the girl's head. Jojo's grin widened with glee and she meowed.

“Let's go!”

Before they could even reach Jojo, three muscular men in white clothing entered the room and grabbed hold of Jess and Alexis by their wrists.

“No patient leaves without a doctor’s consent,” said one man in a husky voice. He put handcuffs on Jess’s hands.

“H-hey!” pleaded Jess. “We didn’t do anything!”

“You know that we have monitors in the rooms, don’t you?” said another man.

“Yeah, we heard every word,” added the third.

“Oh, crap,” said Alexis.

Jess glanced at Jojo and saw that she had fallen fast asleep and smiled. She turned to Alexis as they were carried out of the room.

“She would have destroyed the entire town if we escaped, anyway,” she said.

“Yeah,” said Alexis. “I guess she would have.”

They turned back to Jojo one last time, who was making quiet talking noises as she slept.

She meowed.

© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Being part of this story made it even more nerve wracking. Grr! It was good, yes, but it just made me really nervous lol. "Jojo", *smirk*, is just crazy. You did a good job at explaining her movements and thoughts. I could imagine it happening as much as I didn't want to. I wasn't happy to hear that I was dragged out of your room by "three mascular men". LOL. I am glad, though, that you incorporated me and Jess in this story. It was awesome. Never go insane. Ever. Please lol.
Thanks for sharing, deary! (Yes, there is a 'y' at the end). Keep on writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was awesome! XD I was a total jerk, though LOL!

Posted 12 Years Ago


GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Being part of this story made it even more nerve wracking. Grr! It was good, yes, but it just made me really nervous lol. "Jojo", *smirk*, is just crazy. You did a good job at explaining her movements and thoughts. I could imagine it happening as much as I didn't want to. I wasn't happy to hear that I was dragged out of your room by "three mascular men". LOL. I am glad, though, that you incorporated me and Jess in this story. It was awesome. Never go insane. Ever. Please lol.
Thanks for sharing, deary! (Yes, there is a 'y' at the end). Keep on writing! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous