Things That Remind me of You

Things That Remind me of You

A Poem by Ryan
"

"The sidewalks are watching me think about you, sparkled with broken glass." -John K. Samson

"

The tone in Tiffany’s voice as she asked her husband why he won’t watch a viral video with her.

Lia’s abashed face when her mother revealed that she waves goodbye to people on the phone.

Strawberries.

The shorts on sale at Kohl's, next to the sundresses you like to wear in the summer.

The surprise cup of tea I brought my mom at work:

“Oh, honey, that’s so sweet. She’s in her office. I’m sure she can take a break to see you.”

The tears she shed at the 5 minutes and $3.29 I spent. A warm, loving embrace.
Sara’s blue eyes, how they are normally hidden by thick glasses,

her night shift at the Old Navy.

Yarn.

Long, itinerant drives on cool summer nights. The twinkling of city lights.

The colored pencils I find myself fidgeting with.

The teddy bear, face down on my brother’s bedroom floor.

 

Jeremy called today, asked how Sara was doing. Said he really missed her, that he was jealous I got to have lunch with her. I told him she was doing fine, and that he should come visit. All I wanted, still want, is for someone to ask why I haven’t smiled in weeks, and when I explain all the little things that remind me of you, to not roll their eyes.

© 2012 Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

shows that he and sara share so much history. when you're no longer with a person, the littlest things remind you of them, and sometimes everything reminds you of them. there can be no escaping it. really enjoyed this poem. it is very unique.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Author

Ryan
Ryan

About
College student interested in poetry, but too shy to admit it. My poetry is a little dark sometimes, and other times it is very lighthearted. All of the poems I have up are here to be reviewed. Ev.. more..

Writing
(Un)Ashamed (Un)Ashamed

A Poem by Ryan


Pub Run Pub Run

A Poem by Ryan