Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Welcome back

Welcome back

A Poem by Abraham Luna

Welcome back.
I see you once again from what seems like an eternity since the last time it was I saw your face. The welcoming return of your embrace brings a light to my heart that I haven't felt in so long. It was in the parking lot of Target where I heard you say those words of you longing for me. My heart filled with joy and glee because I knew it was you that I need.. the dark navy blue sky.... the golden gleam from the light beam that shined down upon us felt like a miracle. I missed you and you missed me too. It felt too good to be true... Happy to see a familiar face. Reminiscing of a familiar place.... perhaps the whole point of this was to learn and continue with our never ending journey though life. The inescapable destination to death. Father time heals wounds, and yet those become scars. You feel so close yet so afar. The metamorphosis of one soul changed forever. Passing though time lost, however... It's for the best. I lay here in my rest rosen up from slumber only to turn and see another....

© 2021 Abraham Luna


Author's Note

Abraham Luna
Enjoy, leave any opinions or comments below. I haven't written anything new in so long but I have returned from this hiatus.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on February 5, 2021
Last Updated on February 5, 2021