The Story I Never Finished

The Story I Never Finished

A Story by UnderTheRadar
"

I wrote this almost 5 years ago when I was in high school. I wanted to be a writer and this was going to be my first novel. I wanted this to be the description printed on the back of my book.

"
I could feel her frail fingers gingerly reaching for my hand. I pivoted to my left, searching for her face, but could see nothing but the black of the night. I gave her hand a little squeeze trying my best to convince her it would be alright, then focused my gaze forward again, awaiting the approaching enemy. The minutes passed deathly slow, and I could almost feel her last ounce of hope evaporating into the crisp November night. For some reason, I had the odd sensation we were being watched, although it seemed unlikely that anyone could see anything on a night like this. The moon, dark and invisible against the blackened sky, seemed to reflect the atmosphere of our situation. Suddenly I didn't feel so brave. I forced myself to retrace the events of the past year. After all, I loved her, I would do anything for her, and I would not let my one chance at saving her life slip through my fingers.

© 2015 UnderTheRadar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 24, 2015
Tags: story, novel, unfinished, high school, mystery

Author

UnderTheRadar
UnderTheRadar

About
I am choosing writing as an outlet. My "stories" are very short, very personal. Maybe they will never even be seen, but I have an indescribable need to write them. more..

Writing