The book part 1  (I'm not really great at titles so suggestions are welcomed)

The book part 1 (I'm not really great at titles so suggestions are welcomed)

A Screenplay by UnderwaterSerg
"

This story was inspired by a conversation with my friend and a writing prompt he found on the internet.

"
The Book

Scene starts with Sergio (Main Character) walking through the school halls. While he is walking by we listen in on two students talking about him.

Student 1: Whose that guy?

Student 2: Who him? That's Sergio I'd steer clear of him if I were you no one really knows much about him, other than his father abandoned him at a young age.

Student 1: Has anyone tried talking to him?

Student 2: Of course but, they never get far he has some serious trust issues.

Flashback to the past. As we see get a closeup of a door unlocking. As the door opens we see a shadowy man leave the house. Sergio wakes up from his dream.

Sergio: (Mutters to himself) Damn b*****d

Sergio heads downstairs to make breakfast. Once finished cooking breakfast he heads upstairs to his mother's room.

Sergio: Hey breakfast is ready.

Mother: I'll get it

Sergio: Woah! Slow down there you need to take it easy.

Mother: I'm fine

Sergio: No way ever since you've started taking later shifts you've had more and more problems.

Mother: I know but I have to work hard to support this family.

Sergio: You wouldn't have to work so hard if it wasn't for him.

Mother: Your father was a good man!

Sergio: Good man?! What kind of a good man abandons his family and leaves them out to dry! The least he could have done was help out and give us money but does he care no! If that's what settles for a good man these days then this world is in need of a serious wake up call.

Mother: Where are you going?

Sergio: I'm going out for a walk...

Sergio slams the door

Mother looking at picture of Sergio and his father
Mother: You have no idea how much you two are alike...

Cuts to Sergio walking through the woods. Begins tossing some rocks into the river. Looks out to the river for a bit before being interrupted.

Stranger: Hey what are you up to?

Sergio ignores the stranger

Stranger: You aren't much of a talker are you? The names (name of person playing role)

Sergio: Is there a reason you're talking to me?

Stranger: Not really you just seemed like you could use someone to talk to.

Stranger examines Sergio's bag to see his schools logo on it.

Stranger: Hey you go there I'm going to be a new student there starting soon. Hey maybe I could hang out with you at lunch that way you won't be lonely.

Sergio: Thanks (sarcastic) but I'm not interested in making friends.

Sergio begins walking home

Stranger: Wait I never caught your name!

Sergio: My names Sergio

Cut to Sergio entering his house

Sergio: Mom I'm home

No response

Sergio: Huh she must be at work

Sergio goes upstairs and starts to play games when he hears a knock downstairs.

Sergio: Wonder who that could be

Sergio heads downstairs to see no one but a mysterious book on the ground with the cover stating "viewers beware for sometimes ignorance truly is bliss", despite this warning curiosity eventually gets a hold of him and he opens the book. In it he sees that it holds a bunch of names and dates and he decides to look further into it. The book is small but surprisingly holds many names; he continues searching in hopes of finding out more on this mysterious book when he stumbles across a page that states "Written within this book is the name of everyone currently living on this planet as well as their date of death". Upon reading this he laughs and throws the book in the trash.

Sergio: Man whoever wrote this clearly had a lot of time on their hands that's for sure.

Sergio looks outside to see it's dark out and decides to go to bed. The next morning Sergio heads off to school. Sergio walks into school and approaches his locker.

Stranger: Hey I knew I'd run into you eventually.

Sergio: You don't know when to quit do you?

Stranger: Nope. So did you hear the rumor?

Sergio: What rumor?

Stranger: Supposedly someone in our class died in a car accident late last night.

Sergio begins thinking about the book

Sergio: Hey did you happen to catch the name of the student by any chance?

Stranger: Sure did the name was (insert name here)

Sergio writes down the name of the student on paper as the bell rings

Stranger: Well looks like we got to get to class.

Sergio and stranger walk to their class.

Sergio: Hey where is your first class anyway?

Stranger: Well according to this it's room A201

Sergio: A201? That's my class.

Stranger: Hey look at that looks like we'll be good friends in no time.

Sergio: I wouldn't count on it.

Sergio and stranger walk into their class as the teacher introduces the stranger

Teacher: Ok why don't you pick out a seat?

Stranger examines the room and sees an open seat next to Sergio and sits next to him.

Stranger: Hey check it out now we get to sit next to each other.

Sergio: (Sarcastically) I'm just bursting with excitement!

Stranger: (Not picking up sarcasm) I know right!

Cuts to end of class bell rings

Sergio rushes home to check on the book sure enough it's still in his trash. He puts the book on his desk then pulls the paper he wrote on the paper. It's a little crumpled but he can still make out the name. He searches for the name in the book and finds the students name next to a date that read yesterday's date.

Sergio: (shocked) This has got to be a coincidence right? There's no way this is real...

Suddenly the students name disappears from the book as if it had vanished into nothing. Confused Sergio turns back to the page with the explanation.

Sergio: (Reading the book) At time of death the name of the deceased will erase itself from the book within the next 24 hours.

Sergio gets curious and searches for his name within the book. Sergio drops the book.

Zoom in on the book on the floor to see Sergio's name and the death date next to it marked for the end of the week.

Sergio now shaking with fear: Ho-How could this be? There must be some mistake...

Sergio frantically searches through the book looking for something, anything that would help him avoid this fate.

Sergio slams his fists on his desk.

Sergio: (sorrowful) There has to be something I could do...



© 2017 UnderwaterSerg


Author's Note

UnderwaterSerg
This is part one of the story when I film it I plan on making it one whole story with no breaks. However I wanted to get some input on what I could do to improve my story before continuing. Also sorry for any grammar mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on September 21, 2017
Last Updated on September 21, 2017
Tags: Fiction

Author

UnderwaterSerg
UnderwaterSerg

Warminster , PA



About
My name is Sergio I'm an aspiring actor and I also like making my own movies for my college courses I'm hoping that by posting my work here I can gain better knowledge on how to better my stories and .. more..