No Souls For The Weak

No Souls For The Weak

A Story by Universe
"

Owen never suspected a demon would turn him into a puppet, but it happened, and he's not happy. Follow Vincent, a sadistic demon who wants to torture all of humanity, as a certain girl ruins his plan.

"

Owen Park has to be the most difficult puppet I’ve ever had. He can’t be nice to me or just obey for once in his life. He’s immortal because of me, yet he still hates me. I don’t exactly know how humans can be so selfish to their superiors. Well, if their superiors are devilishly handsome fallen angels, at least. I mean, who would disobey this messy black haired, hot as all Hell fallen angel. I’m hotter than Satan and cooler than God. Best thing about being a fallen angel? You get both sides of the deal. I mean, I have light gray skin that would make any angel faint. And the most dapper top hat, vest, dress shirt, and dress pants in a handsome gray tone that any demon would steal right away. I have deep red eyes that would make any fangirl scream. In other words, you’ll never find anything as amazing as all this.


My puppet was nowhere near as hot. He had pale skin, almost straight white. He has darker red eyes, like a reddish brown, and hair that’s spiked up and shaved one one side. All he wears are black hoodies and black jeans and red Converse. He has about a million piercings on his ears and a nose ring. He’s the living definition of a punk rocker. It’s embarrassing to go out in public with him.


I probably should give some background on what puppets are. I am Vincent. A fallen angel. A supernatural being. We also are the only beings able to manipulate the natures of the soul. I have happily discovered the power of soul eating. If I kill someone and eat their soul, they are stuck with me until the day I die, forced to follow my every whim. Unfortunately, this was my first day having to deal with Owen particularly and he already didn’t like me. I did kill him, but in my defense, he hit me over the head with a baseball bat and I was in desperate need of a puppet. We stormed into his apartment, his face filled with apathy and almost dread. “This is what you call an apartment? You called it heaven!”


“Well it’s the only ‘heaven’ I can afford right now.” Owen glared at me. My eyes went bright red as he screamed and collapsed onto the ground. I checked my watch, and once he rose back up, he was furious. “WHAT WAS THAT?!” He shouted at me.


“Our souls are linked. After I ate your soul, it merged with mine. I can kill you as many times as I want and you’ll still be there to help me. Unless I die, that is. But that’s not happening anytime soon.” I grinned. He sat on his couch. I sat next to the depressed kid and looked into his eyes. He immediately avoided my glance.


“You do realize I still have a life, right? I mean, what do you want from me? I thought you hated humans” Owen made a good point there. I despise humanity. They have no sense of loyalty or chivalry. Chivalry is dead.


“Let’s just say I have some people who are looking for me. And you humans are the only way I can stay hidden and still enjoy myself.” I said. He looked slightly disturbed as I said ‘enjoy myself’. After a few seconds, a woman rushed in with bright blonde hair. Something about her made me uncomfortable. Maybe it was her hot pink lips or her fluffy pink dress (Oh, the sickening color of pink. Even Owen looked good compared to her.).


“Hello! I’m Ally and I saw you walking down the street and I wanted to ask you some questions!” She ran up to me. I was so confused. “What do you mean by puppet? Are you a fallen angel? Have you ever been to heaven?” I was shocked. How did she understand these questions? If an outsider knew this information, the AaDLEAoHaH (Angels and Demons Law Enforcement Association of Heaven and Hell) would be able to find me. I hate the AaDLEAoHaH.


After fifteen minutes of her talking, I was done. For a split second I thought, ‘Hey, this could be a learning experience for Owen,’ but it was a blur. My legs disappeared, becoming a cloud of smoke, my hands became smoke wisps. My teeth emerged as I neared the girl. “VINCENT? WHAT ARE YOU D-” Owen was cut off by the girl’s bloodcurdling scream as the smoke enveloped her body. My eyes were shaking and a smile crept up my face. Ally began choking. Louder, and louder. Until it stopped. She collapsed to the ground. Owen started to sob. “She was innocent… She didn’t do anything wrong…” He fell to his knees, his hands covering his face. I laughed as a golden orb appeared next to her corpse. “W-what’s that?”


“Her soul” I smiled as I popped the orb into my mouth. Gross. It was all sweet and sugary. This girl must’ve been so pure. Glad that’s gone. I swallowed it and she rose up. Her hair went straight black, her pink dress becoming navy. “Welcome back, kid.” I said to her.


“...Y-y-you killed m-me…” She was shaking violently as I forced her up. Glowing cerulean strings emerged from my fingertips, wrapping around her wrists, ankles, and neck.


“Be happy you’re alive.” I growled. “You ungrateful humans. You’re still alive, yet you still want to whine.” Tears formed in her eyes as I dragged her by the strings onto the couch. She hid her face in her hands, crying softly. Owen didn’t show any signs of sympathy for the poor girl. Then again, neither did I.


“Ok, Vincent. Now can you continue what you were telling me about what’s going on?” Owen said to me, avoiding the glances of the girl. I declined his ridiculous request and left the room. Ally rustled through her purse for her phone. She was about to call a number I somewhat recognized. For a second I thought it was the AaDLEAoHaH, but no. No human would know about it. Nevertheless, as the strings went invisible like Owen’s, I pulled her hand up, making her drop her phone. She shot a dirty look back at me. I swore her eyes were glowing blue. I tried to dismiss it and walked down the hall. Once I walked into Owen’s room I… rearranged some things. By that, I mean I added everything to my room and only left a blanket, pillow and a small pile of clothes. That should be enough for him. Owen stormed in behind me. “I don’t trust that girl, Vincent.”


“You’re 19. You should trust everyone.” I smiled. “Now sit.” I pointed to the balled up blanket on the other side of the room. Owen looked disgusted by me.


“I’m not listening to you!” He shouted at me. I laughed at his pain as he tried to run past me into the hallway. I pulled at the invisible strings around him and yanked him over to the blanket. He tried to grab the strings to pull me down, then they turned red where he grabbed them. “OW!” He screamed. When he took his hands away, scars were implanted into them.


“Now will you listen to me?” I asked sarcastically. He nodded and sat down on the blanket submissively. The strings turned into blue chains as they attached themselves to the wall. I looked at the chains and felt something strange. I wanted to let him go. I quickly got those disgusting thoughts out of my mind. “So… Is there anyone you don’t like? Maybe someone you want...dead?”

“Sort of. I mean, it’s more my fault than it is his but Cole wasn’t committed… Then again, I can’t blame h-” Oh look, we have a winner. He brings up a person and they’re my victim. After you say their name, they’re as good as dead. Thanks for my daily dose of murder, Owen!


“Done. Tonight, you kill him.” I smiled. Owen’s pupils got small.


“No… NO NO NO!” He thrashed against the chains. “I’M NOT GONNA KILL HIM!” I cracked up as he grabbed for me. I stood just out of his reach.


“Guess what.” I bent down, my head in front of Owen’s. “It’s not your choice. You brought him up, there’s no going back.” He took the opportunity to bite my nose as hard as he could. I winced a bit and pulled back. The wound healed as I glared at him. My eyes went red as a knife from the kitchen sailed into the room and directly hit Owen in the chest. Repeatedly. After he collapsed and eventually got back up, he was crying even more.


“SHUT UP! I JUST WANT YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON’T WANT TO KILL ANYONE!” He sobbed. God, he’s so annoying. ‘Wah. I don’t want to kill someone.’ Well, listen to this, future Owen, I wish I’d played a sad song for you on the world’s smallest fiddle. Wait. I only know how to play The Devil Went Down To Georgia. That’s not sad. I blame Satan. That’s the only song he’d teach me after God kicked me out of heaven. Come to think of it, Satan was annoying too. Where was I going with this? Eh, I don’t care.


I left the room, leaving the screaming and crying mess to himself. Ally was taking something off Owen’s fireplace once I walked in. I illuminated the strings and pulled her close. “May I see what’s in that purse?” I asked. She smiled politely back at me.


“Of course, sir.” She opened her purse obediently and showed me the contents. I brought it up to my eyes. I emptied it and looked closely. Nothing that would raise suspicion except a symbol in the bottom of the bag that I thought I recognized.


“As you were.” I said, handing her the bag. She didn’t seem at all distressed.


That reaction was very different from Owen’s later that night.


Unfortunately, I had to use the chains to get him out of the house. He was just crying and sobbing and killing him a few times with the force of the chains was the only way I could get him to shut up. We approached the victim’s house as I dragged my two puppets behind me. Ally followed quickly and even happily, while Owen looked weak and uncomfortable. Sewed into his hands with cerulean string was a knife. It was one of my best knives, actually. I thought that if I gave him something that meant a lot to me, he would know how much I care about both our reputations, but instead he threw it on the ground. So I had to waste some of my supernatural string to sew it into his hands. This is what I mean when I say humans are selfish. I snapped my fingers and the three of us formed into smoky versions of our physical selves. We slipped into the house through a window. And wouldn’t you know it, that was the window to our victim’s room.


“Let’s get this over with.” I smiled. The boy was awake and reading calmly. He didn’t seem like he was a bad guy. Good. Killing innocent people is even more fun than killing a person who’s sick and sadistic.


“This is a bad idea, Vincent. We should go back.” Owen trembled. I pulled on the chains, as we returned to our physical forms. The victim’s eyes moved up to the three of us.


“Owen? Is that you? Hey!” He smiled and approached us. “Who are your friends?” He asked longingly. I smiled and cupped my hand over Owen’s ear and my mouth..


“Do it now.” I whispered. Owen began to cry again. This poor victim still didn’t see the knife. “Do it now or I will force you.” I growled. He looked terrified as he walked closer to the victim. He backed away the closer Owen got.


“I-Is there something you wanted to tell me?” He was shaking. Owen backed them into a wall silently. “...Owen…?” He whispered. Owen rose the knife over his head. Ally looked intrigued by what was going on. “OWEN?!”


He stabbed himself in the chest.


I watched him collapse. I had never seen a puppet attempt this. Willing to sacrifice his own life for someone who he can’t even save. Of course, seeing this kind of disobedient behavior, I was furious. Once he woke up again, my eyes went a deep red. Blood fell from them like rain drops and the room began to shake. The blue chains reappeared. They got brighter and brighter. Owen was screaming and sobbing as I lifted his hands up again. “PLEASE VINCENT! DON’T MAKE ME DO THIS! STOP IT!” I laughed as he tried to resist, but I was too strong. Ally covered her mouth as she watched me torture Owen. The victim was terrified, screaming for Owen to stop. After a while of suspense, I forced Owen to plunge the knife down into the victim’s chest. It killed him right there.


The chains disappeared and Owen collapsed. He looked helpless. “COLE!” He cried as he picked up the body. “Cole… Come on…” He kissed his forehead calmly. “I can’t believe this… I didn’t mean it, I swear…” I picked up the glowing orb next to the victim’s corpse. Owen looked at it, hope in his eyes. Hope that I’d eat the soul. Hope that I’d keep this kid alive. Spare him. I weighed my options, then came to the ethical and humane decision:


CRACK. I destroyed the soul with my bare hands.


Owen went hysterical. “So what? Just another lousy human. Doesn’t matter.”


“JUST ANOTHER HUMAN?! I LOVED HIM! YOU WOULDN’T LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE! IF YOU’D LET ME FINISH, YOU’D KNOW I LOVE HIM! I WAS GOING TO SAY I HATED MYSELF FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO MAN UP AROUND HIM AND YOU MADE ME KILL HIM!” Owen screamed at the top of his lungs. Oh. That may be a bit of a predicament. Hey God, if you saw that, don’t count it towards my chances of going back to heaven. Please.


Once I heard someone rush upstairs, i forced Owen’s hands to press into the knife wound and cover his hands in blood before we turned into a cloud of smoke and headed back. Once we got back home, I chained up Owen. Seeing Owen chained to the wall made me uncomfortable. Not because I took his life from him, but something else. Seeing the almost empty room made me want to run and hide. He wasn’t even resisting anymore, just crying. As angry as I was and as much as I wanted to kill him for the third time today, I didn’t. I grabbed his small pile of clothes and set fire to it with the red string on my hands. I felt even worse. A chill went down my spine as I stared as the spiderwebs in the corners of the room. All that was left was the dirty blanket and the flat pillow beneath Owen’s trembling knees. The carpet felt like it was getting colder, as if me being there took all the life from the room. Just like I did to Owen. “Stay.” I growled at him before leaving. I heard him fall forward, sobbing. Once the noise pierced my ears I wanted to cry as well. I couldn’t. I’m a fallen angel. I don’t need to feel for these insolent beings. No matter how much I could relate to them. I wiped my blood red tears away and walked back out to see Ally.


She panicked as she saw me. Her hair was partly blonde again. “Sir! I’m sorry! I just needed to ask a question and I thought maybe you’d listen to me better if I was blonde!” Dumb blonde logic. I knew it was real.


“Just ask me.” I turned her hair black again, not thinking at the time how her hair was blonde again. She stared at me longingly.


“I wanted to know how you got kicked out of heaven.” No. I was gonna kill her. She knew I was a fallen angel. This doesn’t make sense. “What’s God like? Tell me… What do you think of the AaDLEAoHaH?” I was about to snap. She knew who I was. Who was she? How would she know me? “And finally… How did you kill the king?”


That was it. Before I could attack her, flashbacks formed in my mind about him. About what I was before I was hot and powerful. A scrawny fallen angel, straight out of heaven. I was just there as a toy. Just there so that kind and those wretched humans could be entertained. I could barely do anything myself. That chain. The worst thing I have ever had to come into contact with. The metal constantly keeping me against the wall. That stupid leather collar that practically choked me. And the king. That king, He deserved to be killed. I am my own person. If anyone is to blame for me being this, it’s him. “Yes. I killed him. He treated me like an animal! He deserved to die! And because of him, I will never let anyone abuse me again! I will turn every human in existence into a puppet if I have to!” I boomed. That was a big mistake.


Ally laughed as her hair exploded into a bright blonde, her sleek navy dress turning back to a fluffy pink. Huge white feathery wings emerged from her back. Great. She’s an angel. The strings around her limbs disintegrated as she illuminated. Oh god. Then the chains on my other hand brightened and became dust. OH GOD. I stared at her, shaking.


“You work for the AaDLEAoHaH. This doesn’t make sense. I ate your soul!” I walked towards her quickly.


“I like baking. It was some sort of caramel cake.” She shrugged. My jaw fell down. I got tricked by a damned angel! Wait. She’s not a fallen angel or a demon. She’s not damned. You know what I mean! “And now that you’ve confessed to who you are, I can throw you into Hell!” No way I’m going to Hell. Hell is one huge prison. Why do you think Heaven would ever team up with Hell. The AaDLEAoHaH gave everyone jobs. Angels are officers and look for beings who abuse their power. Demons and Fallen Angels act as prison guards down in Hell. I. Hate. Hell. When I was first being decided whether to be kicked out of Heaven or not, they kept me in Hell a little too close to Satan (If you’re wondering, that’s when he taught me how to play fiddle). I hate prison. I hate chains. I was not going back to Hell.


Allison threw huge golden chains around me, similar to how I did it to Owen. Yeah, I get it, karma. “OWEN! GET IN HERE!” I screamed before she sewed my mouth shut. I tried to control Owen, but he wasn’t coming in. Something about these chains was painful. I felt all my power being sucked away. It hurt to stand. After a few minutes, Owen sprinted inside.


“Vincent?! What’s going on?!” He screamed. Allison looked a little distressed as he came in. I smiled, hoping he could help. If that insolent being could get me out of these chains, I could use them on Allison. Then I could kick her sorry little wings back up to heaven so she can go whine to God and not me.


“Listen to me! This man has committed some horrible things, and I’m going to send him to Hell so he can be imprisoned for all time!” Allison boomed in an angelic voice. “I can separate your souls! You’ll be free again!” I really can’t compete with that. I can’t let Owen go myself. He stared at both of us. The room began to get bright as the furniture floated. There was a loud rumble as I stood helplessly. She forced me onto the ground, locking my hands behind my back. Owen looked between me, a pathetic criminal of a fallen angel, and Allison, a beautiful angelic being. He looked at me. My life was in his hands. The decision of whether I’d be sent to the highest security prison of any universe or if I could stay on earth ‘happily’.


“...Can you bring him back?” He asked weakly. I raised an eyebrow. “Cole. The guy you made me kill. Can you bring him back?!” He asked again, tears in his eyes. Allison panicked. She can’t do that. But guess who can. If the person killed the other person and is a supernatural being, they are allowed to bring them back. I nodded without hesitation. Owen smiled at me, then sprinted over, punching Allison in the face. He undid the chains and I crawled to the other side of the room on all fours. Everything hurt. Owen grabbed ahold of one of the chains and wrapped it around Allison’s neck.


“What do you think you’re doing?!” Allison shouted as the chains wrapped around her entire body. I weakly stood up and pushed Owen to the side. I grabbed ahold of the chains and had a sadistic smile on my face. Only supernatural beings can kill other supernatural beings, so I was gonna have some fun. “No. You won’t get away with this.” She trembled.


Owen looked at me. He wanted me to give her mercy. He wanted me to let her go. I thought that maybe I should. God would realize an angel’s gone. Plus, she was innocent. I know he wanted to help me, and that was his decision. I gripped the chains tighter.


“Bye-Bye!” I shouted as I pulled the chains in opposite directions. She screamed in agony, then choked. After a minute of her struggling, she suddenly stopped completely. Her body instantly turned to ashes and as did the chains. Owen broke down, sobbing hysterically. He looked sick as her ashes blew into a neat pile where her body just stood.


I dug my heel into the ashes and gave a loud and demonic laugh. “COME ON, PARK! LET’S GET THAT KID BACK!” I was hysterical as I dragged him out of the room. His look of horror as he was pulled through her ashes made me laugh even harder.


I never knew angels were so funny. They’re even funnier when they’re dead.                                       

© 2018 Universe


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Universe
This was actually an assignment for my horror unit in my creative writing class. Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018
Tags: Demon, angel, horror comedy, horror, puppet, murder

Author

Universe
Universe

Wilmington, DE



About
I'm a young writer who's taking a Creative Writing course and just wants criticism. I'm a nerd who's ready to write screenplays, stories, and even poems! Enjoy some of my works including an interstell.. more..

Writing