Life, Love, Confusion...

Life, Love, Confusion...

A Poem by KristaK
"

Fall in love, get your heart broken. Love, and live. Do, or die. Black hole, or a fire. Read it, like it, love it, hate it, I don't care.

"

 If I didn’t miss him I know I wouldn’t be human.

My love will always continue for him even though his may die for me.

The blossom that bloomed can’t die, it’s like a never ending stream that wandered its way into my heart.

I can’t just pick it up and move it, nature has its ways of correcting the things that have been messed with.

I might have thought I loved him once, but his caring has made me love him more,

The wings that grew are always going to be apart of me, no matter how far or close we ever come.

He stood by my side, through everything,

Was always there when I needed someone to talk to,

I never told him, and I regret it, he should have been first to tell.

I know I love him too.

Life is like a black hole sucking all the love from you,

But even when you think every drop of love is gone, something makes another spark, just one more that grows and even the black hole that is life can’t extinguish it.

To you it is a part of your soul, an ember waiting to be fueled.

It will last forever, and you will always treat it well.

You will baby it, make it rise, make it burn.

Like the passion that love creates in each one of us.

Love is like a silken cord, binding creation together.

If you did not love you could not live, If you did not live, you could not love.

With ever endeavor there comes consequence, for every consequence there is a response, every time you respond you think about how it could be better next time.

You thought you loved him, until he broke your heart.

You tried to shut him out, not cry, not weep, not even let your eyes get watery,

But really you were hiding.

You didn’t want to believe that he was gone, even for a short amount of time.

He said you could still be friends.

As nice as that sounds, isn’t it weird that he isn’t speaking to you?

He sits there, all day, knowing you are there, just a click away.

Maybe he clicks and gets the window open, but never types, for fear of what you will say. He misses you too, but you aren’t the only one in his life.

You know he still loves you, he told you so,

But how can you love someone that broke your heart once before?

You know you can, it just takes time, scars heal,

I have proof of that on my left foot.

It hurt at first, but as time went on, it started to grow smaller.

My fear for cars started to disappear, my love for walking never went away,

The scar on my foot is almost gone, though it is still there.

I love it

It reminds me of how I was when I was little.

Forgetful,

Carefree.

Loved.

I miss those days, when I could cry for no reason and have someone there to comfort me, When I could crawl into my parents bed and cuddle with them,

Because I had a bad dream,

When I could love and know I was loved back,

No matter how mad they seemed to be at me.

When he was there every Sunday morning for me to wake up to and help with his planes. When he would pick me up and put me on his shoulders so that I could see better.

When I loved him.

Life is too short to spend it on one thing, remind yourself that life is love and love is life, but without the adventures that are present in that life, you would never find love, and without love, you wouldn’t live. 

© 2008 KristaK


Author's Note

KristaK
If there are grammar issues, please let me know. Think that a word could be used differently or there is a better word that seems to fit, tell me. I'll consider any changes that are recommended, no promises that anything will be changed though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i think it is a great poem, it really fits the tone of any relationship!! i dont want to malke any suggestions cause i think u did a fantastic job and their is no need for revision, any changes i may ask you to make will just alter what you wanted to come across in this poem so im telling you to leave it the way it is!! keep on writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Keep up the good writing, Maybe it can turn into a career!!
Ken K


Posted 15 Years Ago


Very true poem that captures the harsh realities of love and life. Great job. The only thing I'd change it perhaps making the lines shorter & more... poetic? It'd be easier to read that way. Good job, regardless. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A walk through the forest of life.
A journey of a relationship with a father figure. Or perhaps an older brother.
It was full of true emotions that were clearly brought across with in your well crafted lines.

I really enjoyed wandering along this little journey. It reminded me how precious our time on this earth can really be.

Great Write!

Nature's Essence

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i think it is a great poem, it really fits the tone of any relationship!! i dont want to malke any suggestions cause i think u did a fantastic job and their is no need for revision, any changes i may ask you to make will just alter what you wanted to come across in this poem so im telling you to leave it the way it is!! keep on writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have never read something so.. so.. so..
true...
this has happened to me...
Keep up the good work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2008

Author

KristaK
KristaK

Irvine, CA



About
My name is Krista and I'm currently a freshman in college. I've decided to return to my writing after a couple of years off. Hopefully I haven't lost my ability. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by KristaK