Now

Now

A Story by Unoriginaly Original

There are very few moments that I have him to myself when it's quiet enough for me to indulge myself in his presence. I'll ask him what he's thinking, listen to his hopes and dreams, all memories good and bad, his plans for his life. He can be very detailed, telling me everything and not leaving out one tiny bit no matter how small or pointless. If you let him, he'll talk forever and never get bored.  But when he asks me what's on MY mind, I come at a blank. Because I'll have done nothing but watch the way his mouth curls at the corners and how his pupils get larger when he relaxes, how his face looks when he's reflecting on his thoughts and when he tries to bring them to words. I'll have intoxicated myself on how he forms his words and his manner of speaking, and how he talked low for only my ears to hear. He'll let me reminisce on his childhood with him, how it was growing up in a small town in Utah, how he had his first kiss under a slide, how he partially tore every tissue in his leg being an idiot. He'll take me on adventures he's going to one day embark in his military career, travelling all around in the Caribbean, helping with natural disasters and humanitarian projects one day and getting on the field another. His mind is always on something, constantly reminding or reflecting. He's so fixated on the future but always looks to the past, while I? I'm stuck in the moment, thinking about now. I'm thinking about the silence and his arms around me; I'm thinking about the sublime state I'm in, en-captured in awe-inspiring peace that his body against mine gives me. In this small period of time I think about nothing that isn't the present and how I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't bring myself to think about yesterday, or what's ahead when he's here. All I have is now, my future is undecided and my past is not what defines me. Nothing is set in stone for me except this moment, this person with me, this place where we temporarily reside. 

© 2017 Unoriginaly Original


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Who is "he" to you over the long term?

I kinda like your writing style.

However this line... "I'm stuck in the moment"... is contrived. Not the line itself, but the build up to it; it's very generic. You can use cliché lines but it needs to be in a relatively original context. You failed to do that, it makes the whole thing trite.

But line by line it's quite nice... as long as I don't think about it.

Also... I do think you're kind of a c**t. We should get together, you can spit on me while I throw rocks at you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Unoriginaly Original

7 Years Ago

Thank you I was writing this and trying to find the right words to explain from my eyes what I'm thi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2017

Author

Unoriginaly Original
Unoriginaly Original

Milton, FL



About
Well, hello there. I'm Jewelz, a teenage writer with no ambition to become famous or known. Literally that. I write to write, I'm a passionate lover to music, I do what makes life enjoyable and ha.. more..

Writing