Annie

Annie

A Poem by V.J.

[theres a woman in white seated in the middle of the hospital room, staring at the window, as her daughter walks in]

" When i was five, i wanted a mommy. and daddy. the kind that would hug you and say i love you. the ones that would tuck you every night, and ask you how your day was. even the ones that would so embarresingly drop you off at school and call you pet names.
  We don't always get what we want, you just gotta learn to be tough and get over it and don't you ever forget that.
  When i was eleven, i wanted a best friend. one that would be there to help me when i was in tears and hug me at sleep overs. you know the kind that would stick to pinky promises and lie for you til the end.
  but who gives a f**k what i wanted? we don't always get what we want, don't you ever forget it.
  When i was seventeen, i wanted a boyfriend. the fairytale prince charming who would never lie to me, and who would gladly die for me. one who wounldn't cheat. i wanted him to love me for everything i am, and never stop.
  Well, annie, life's a b***h for those so niave. we don't get what we want, we get everything but. you don't sit and mope about it, you dont wallow in self pity, hell, you stand back up and you move the f**k on on.

 

"But-"

"but nothing! when i was twenty five, i wanted to get married, have a carreer i loved and a life i loved. well? WEll? Don't for a single moment think that fairytales are real, and even if they were, you're not a damn princess! at best you're the peasent on the road.
Take a look at this Annie! Look! this is not one of your books! this isn't a castle! your fathers not a king! you dont even know him, your prince isnt coming! and magic is never going to fix this!"

 

(a nurse in blue scrubs comes in with a  syrgne in hand)

 

"Ma'am, Ma'am, just go lay back down- for god's sakes get the kid outa here!"
she motioned for the other nurse to escort the girl out of the room.

"do you hear me, Annie!? no one cares, so why waste their time with bullshit like tears or sadness. you suck it up and you keep going, cos you, yeah, you annie, are stronger than i ever was. and if i never make it out of here, you better know that i love you. so you wipe those tears and walk out of here with your head held high. cos you're better than this."

 

".....Yes, momma."

© 2010 V.J.


Author's Note

V.J.
very bored, sorry for the mispellings. not much detail on what the story is so far. i kinda just thought of a dialouge and ran with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on August 12, 2010
Last Updated on August 12, 2010

Author

V.J.
V.J.

TX



About
You know Nessie, you should change your password from ye' own name. You make things much to easy for me(: It's a good thing no one knows your real name C: I love you you fairie loving queeeeeeer more..

Writing
May 3 May 3

A Poem by V.J.


I am done I am done

A Poem by V.J.