Reverse, return.

Reverse, return.

A Poem by VALENTINE
"

A day in the life of a writer.

"
Reverse, return

That round thing shows its face.

I awake.

We talk, we drink, we touch, we talk some more.

She sings to me, her eyes sparkle on the high notes.

I like her nose, her thin waist, her laugh.

Her lough makes me laugh, it’s a good Sunday.

She sighs…

I play with her fingers, she plays with my hair.

Between drinks something is lost, a spark extinguished.

She can tell, my forced smile betrays me, I stop trying.

It starts raining; I focus on the water outside, fading her out.

She dresses, she curses, she cries.

I’m alone, I drink alone, scream alone, I cry alone.

I feel sick, sad sick.

I think of her, her belly burton, her pain.

She looks like her, paints like her, smells better than her, 

... but she simply isn’t her.

I drink what’s left; sit with pen and pale paper.

I write this…

F**k.

© 2013 VALENTINE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was beautiful. I especially love how you portrayed every emotion and how the girl made you feel during those certain moments of that night. People can be special and make us feel so perfect, so safe that it can take every sense of pain away. You talk and accept your company, accepting your friendship. But you don't really understand what they mean to you once they leave out the door, leaving you with yourself. To think. People can have such an affect us....scary to think about, but it's much too true.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank ty, i always try to avoid that wishy washy pretentious crap you usually run into in this sought of thing, although at times it goes a long way interns of expressing sentiment. Thanks for the review bro -means a lot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You said that my stuff reminded you of an early bukowski... well I felt as if I was reading his very own words with this one. It has that bitter honesty that makes it raw, makes it from the heart. It makes for a brilliant read. you haven't drowned it unnecessary nonsense, it's straight to the point, short and sharp, only giving us the details we need to know, not all the specifics of the evening, or what ruined the spark between you and this girl, just what's happened, blow by blow from your perspective. You put it all out there, man. It's simple (not in a bad way) and it's very relatable. To me, and I am no one special, but this presents as a very professional piece. You should be entering this in as many contests as you can!

Posted 10 Years Ago


We all have one of those days when everything feels so damn futile. This was mine.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013

Author

VALENTINE
VALENTINE

Nelspruit, none, South Africa



About
Valentine hates you all. A few things I've learned on my travels through this crazy little thing called life. One, a morning of awkwardness is better than a night of loneliness. Two, I probably won't .. more..

Writing
Mi Amore Mi Amore

A Poem by VALENTINE