Apartment Fic

Apartment Fic

A Story by A.A
"

where a group of friends move in together and they all love each other a little too much in their own way to really care and shenanigans ensure

"
Throwing himself into one of the chairs on the other side of the kitchen counter, Valairean glanced up, quirking an eyebrow at Xavier's impressively flat expression. While he took a moment to compose his thoughts, Valairean turned back to the book on the counter, scribbling measurements. Why did she bake so much when she had literally flunked the final two years of maths in high school? Ehh, the world would never know.

'You gotta stop stealing my lip balms,' Xavier blurted, sighing heavily as he pinched the bridge of his nose. He sounded so long-suffering Valairean shot him a disgusted look. 'Look, Varie, I've known you for eight years-'

'Nine,' she interrupted casually, sticking her pencil into her ponytail for safekeeping.

Xavier groaned. 'That's even worse,'

Sticking her tongue out at him, Valairean started pulling ingredients from the cupboards. 'Okay Rude, but fair,'

'You'll be fine,' Xavier waved a dismissive hand flippantly. 'Anyway, stop stealing my lip balms �" you've got heaps,'

Humming noncommittally, Valairean started weighing the butter. 'Griffin keeps stealing my nicer ones, actually,' she told him, eyeing the numbers on the scale critically. 'And the idiot keeps loosing them,'

Groaning as he dropped his head into his hands, Xavier wondered why his friends were like this. You'd think he'd be used to it after going through high school and then some with them, but apparently not. 'Didn't you used to keep one in your pencil case?' He tried weakly. A vague memory of Valairean keeping a thing of lip balm in her pencil case during school drifted through Xavier's brain.

Varie snorted. 'Yes. But, in case you forgot, Griffin also went through high school with us, which means he also knows I keep lip balm in my pencil case. I swear he's had his eye on my skittle one since then,' 

Rolling her eyes as she stuck the butter in the microwave to melt, Valairean eyed Xavier from the corner of her eye as he grabbed the packet of chocolate chips and started picking at them. 

She would tell him off, but frankly that Would Not stop him. Also the packet was literally an entire kilo, so....no harm done?? Maybe. Probably. It would be fine.

Flicking a chocolate chip at him, Valairean snatched the packet away to dump a few handfuls into the bowl. Xavier was sixty per cent sure she should have actually used a measuring cup, but he was ignorant in the art of making cookies and he also wanted to eat some later, so he kept his mouth shut. 

Not to mention Xavier had never actually seen Varie measure out chocolate chips with a measuring cup in all the years he had known her. Honestly he was a little unsure as to whether or not people legitimately measured out chocolate chips.

© 2020 A.A


Author's Note

A.A
I have no clue what I write half the time and everything I write will likely never be finished (sorry)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1 View
Added on September 10, 2020
Last Updated on December 8, 2020
Tags: platonic soulmates, shenanigans, apartment fic, soulmate identifying marks

Author

A.A
A.A

Australia



About
sporadic updates, will probably ghost everything more..