The run of my life

The run of my life

A Story by VGandolfo
"

When I run, I typically run around the block and if I’m feeling “risky", I will run through the park near my house, but for some reason this day I decided to run the other way around. Boy was I wrong!

"

 

July 22nd, the most boring day of them all. I woke up, got up to get the newspaper (I know, “do you still read the newspaper?! You know you can read it for free on the internet?” call me old fashioned, but I love a good ol’ cup of coffee reading my fresh newspaper), grabbed my cup of coffee and did literally nothing for the rest of the day. Ah, Sundays, what would we do without them right? They save us and most importantly, they save our hangover from the night before am I right folks?

 

Around 4 pm I decided to be productive and go for a run, little did I know this was going to be the run that changed my life.

 

When I run, I typically run around the block and if I’m feeling “risky”, I will run through the park near my house, but, for some reason this day I decided to run the other way around. I never run this way for one reason only: I am running in a not really nice neighborhood, so I like to move in places where there is some movement.

 

I don’t know why or how but I was running and decided to go below a bridge, I stopped to sip my water and I sensed that someone was watching me. Boy was I wrong. Why, IN THE WORLD DID I HAD TO GO FOR A RUN TODAY? A dead f*****g body. I repeat. A dead fricking body. A corpse was literally on this bridge that I never went to, I really did not know what to do, but, I tried to do the most human thing possible and decided to grab his wallet to look for and ID and call the police to tell them what had happened. So, I did. In the middle of the call, I remembered something that was quite important. I forgot that I am a black man in a bad neighborhood who has a dead person beside me. You may be thinking “so? You were running and you saw a dead person and decided to call someone” right, that is white person thinking, if a white person does this he or she might get a f*****g badge for doing the right thing, but if I, a black man, does this I am telling you they will drag my a*s down to Jail just for being here.

 

So, after thinking about it I decided to run as fast as I could back home and forget about this whole thing. However, once I got there, I forgot that I still had his wallet on my backpack, so I had to go there AGAIN to leave it in his jacket.

When I got there, what I saw left my mouth wide open….

© 2018 VGandolfo


Author's Note

VGandolfo
If you like it tell me and i will continue it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on July 27, 2018
Last Updated on July 27, 2018
Tags: suspense, dead

Author

VGandolfo
VGandolfo

Buenos Aires, Argentina



About
I am a woman who loves writing and just wants to have fu while doing it! Since I do not work doing this and did not study at all to do it, I am quite new so feel free to read what I post and leave a c.. more..