That was not a dream !!!

That was not a dream !!!

A Story by vishal landge
"

A true incident which happened with me

"
In Maharashtra, there is a small Hamlet, by name “DAUND.” One of my relatives stay there. It is a very remote place with no proper road or street lights. But the best part of this village is its green cover & rich culture. In every winter a village festival takes place here. I happened to visit this village, only to get a glimpse of this festival.
           I was in my 10th standard, when this incident took place. The festival happens usually in the night. All my relatives were leaving for it. But there was ailing Old man, whom we call “ANNA.” He was bedridden. Every ones unanimous decision was,  to make me sit at home, to take care of him. I nodded my head, showing  sign of acceptance. Every one left to the festival place.

            I gave Anna warm milk to drink, along with some medicines. Sooner, he was in deep sleep. His snoring noise was erratic. I was alone in the room & my desire to see the night festival was getting stronger. I put some water beside Anna’s bed & locked the door from outside. I took the ATLAS bicycle & started off.

            At the festival, People were singing devotion songs, we call those as "PHODAS." Some were dancing. Women in trance,  letting there body sway like a snake with lustrous hair let loose. After some time, I made my way back home. So that, I should reach on time before others. So that, no one would be able to find out , that I left the house,  leaving Anna alone.

            It was 10 PM. All lanes, were wearing deserted look. Winter was at its peak. The chill in the air, sent shivers in my whole body. Dense fog made my vision blur. No street lights. It was pitch dark. Noise of barking dogs was getting louder.  I was very much frightened. By chanting gods name, I was giving courage to myself.            

            All of a sudden, a beautiful girl appears before me. She may be, perhaps, in her  teens. In the Moon light, her face was looking very pretty. I looked at the Moon & again looked at her. I found her face more beautiful & glowing than the Moon. Her smile wore innocence of a child & her dimples were melting my heart. She said, “can you please give me lift on your cycle, till the Banyan tree, which was half a kilo-meters from here."Her soothing voice made a magical impact on me. I said, “yes” without a second thought. Her eyes, sparkled with joy & she sat behind on the carriage with one hand on my shoulder. My heart was pumping more blood with her touch. Slowly, she placed her hand around my waist. Lustful thoughts started in my mind & in no time, my penis was erect & made a tent in the Bermuda. She communicated with me all along  the way, till we neared the Banyan tree.

 Suddenly, the  communication stops & I find deadly silence all around. The Banyan tree was just few steps before us. Suddenly, my bicycle stops. I was peddling with all the force, the back tyre was revolving making burrow in the mud, but the cycle was still, without any movement. I started sweating profusely & when I looked back, I find her missing from the carriage. I turn around. My heart stops for a second, by the sight of the Banyan tree. I find the same girl hanging UPSIDE DOWN. Her shrieking voice was frightening and the same beautiful girl was looking so frightening. Her clothes were torn. Blood oozing from her mouth & her eyes were so intense as if saying “ I want you as my prey tonight.” I  lost my consciousness & fainted on the ground.

        I woke up in the morning, afresh in my relatives home. Whatever I explained above, I was thinking that was just a bad dream. I narrative about this dream, to all the members in the family. They smiled & said, “Beta that was not a dream, that was real incident as on our way back from the festival, we found you lying unconsciousness at the tree. We took you along with us  & made you sleep here. You just now gained your senses.
     They said, that long ago four members of the village raped a girl & hanged her on the Banyan tree. From that day onward, her spirit haunts that area. I felt sorry about that poor girl

            That  Incident instilled a belief in me, that yes spirits do exist.

© 2014 vishal landge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on August 7, 2014
Last Updated on August 7, 2014
Tags: Girl, wet, dark, hamlet

Author

vishal landge
vishal landge

HYDERABAD, Telangana, India



About
I am a B.sc graduate. Working for HSBC BANK I love travelling,photography & watching films more..