THE COBRA KAI SAGA

THE COBRA KAI SAGA

A Story by Valentina Warner
"

My new story focuses mainly on Johnny Lawrence VS Daniel Larusso and their complicated relationship, it brings us back and forwards with flashbacks from the 1980 s and 2018, and the unavoidable confli

"

Will the rivalry between DANIEL LARUSSO and JOHNNY LAWRENCE ever end? My story takes place between the past and the present, and what really went on in 1984 when two boys from different backgrounds crossed paths, and how it affected their lives in a drastic way.

The flashbacks between the 1980 s and 2020 focuses on the main characters Johnny Lawrence vs Daniel Larusso, as well as the rest of the casts from the Karate Kid and the Cobra Kai legacy.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Reseda, California August 1984.

Daniel Larusso, the new kid on the block who had moved from New Jersey to Reseda was walking towards the beach, distract; he was a skinny dark haired 17 year old teenager with an olive skin tan. This was his senior year, and he was looking forward to meeting new people and to making new friends. As if on due, he spots an athletic blond teenage boy, and for a moment he gazes at him in awe: with his broad shoulders and good looks this guy was probably the most popular boy at school, and most definitely he could have all the girls he wanted. For a brief moment their eyes meet, and both boys stare at each other with curiosity.

"Hey Johnny, let's go and see if we can catch some babes at the beach!" One of his friends interrupts, shaking his arms playfully; he had light brown hair and was shorter than him.

"Na, why don't we go to the bar instead and get some beers: I am thirsty!" The athletic blond teenager replies, staring at Daniel Larusso with interest.

"Are you crazy or what? We're still minors: they'll never sell us alcohol!" His friend insists; he was standing with 2 other blond teenage boys, and all of them were wearing red jackets and each had a motorbike of their own.

"Of course they will: we're Cobra Kais, and no one messes with us! We can break the rules no problem! The athletic blond teenage boy exclaims, passionately.

"Hey, check this guy out: he'd be an easy target and we could break his rip!" The light brown haired teenage boy continues, noticing Daniel who was still staring at them from within 3 metres distance.

"Forget it! He is probably another poor Latino immigrant, who'd drop dead on the floor if we touch him. Let's go and grab beers!"

And putting his helmet on, the athletic blond teenage boy jumps into his motorbike and starts his engine on.

Daniel Larusso watches in fascination as the 4 teenagers drive away wishing he could be part of it, but the sudden sound of radio blasting takes him out of his reverie:

"Hey guys, why don't we throw a beach party tomorrow night?"

The voice belonged to the most beautiful girl Daniel had ever seen: she had curly blond hair, and when she laughed her smile reached her eyes. As if by magic their eyes meet, and his heart skips a beat.

"Well hello there! I'm Ali. What's your name?" The curly blond haired teenage girl asks, smiling shyly at him.

"My name is Daniel Larusso." He replies timidly.

"Nice to meet you Daniel: these are my friends!" Ali continues, nodding towards 2 brunette teenage girls who were watching them curiously.

"Hi there: How are you?"

"Hello!" Both brunette girls giggle.

"You must be the new kid in town, right?" Ali asks, kindly.

"Yes. My mum and i moved from New Jersey to start a new life here. I will be enrolling at the 'All Valley' high school." Daniel replies, politely.

"Really: what a coincidence! I go to that same school!" Ali exclaims, delighted.

"Great. Then i guess I will see you in a couple of weeks?"

"Right." Daniel smiles.

"Why don't you come to our beach party tomorrow night?"

"Ali... I don't think this is a good idea." One of her brunette friends interrupts, but the curly blond haired girl ignores her.

"It's on at 8 pm: don't be late."

"Great! I'll be there!"

And noticing the ball that Ali is holding in her hands, Daniel asks: "Do you mind if i join you ladies for a ball game too?"

"Sure! Catch it!"

Ali throws the ball as high as she can, but just when Daniel is about to grab it someone pushes him violently:

"Watch it!"

"Johnny! What are you doing here?" Ali yells in surprise, and Daniel is astonished to find himself face to face with the athletic blond teenage boy.

"What were you thinking by stealing my girlfriend, you a*****e!" Johnny continues, grabbing the skinny dark haired teenage boy by the neck.

"Your girlfriend?" Daniel babbles perplexed, but the athletic blond teenage boy holds his grip on him aggressively.

"Johnny, stop it!" Ali screams horrified, but the athletic blond teenage boy ignores her, and turning his attention back to Daniel he continues:

"Listen to me Menudo, if i ever catch you talking to her and coming near, I will punch your lights out!"

"If you don't take your hands off him, you are the one who is never going to see me again Johnny! Did you hear me?"

And grabbing the athletic blond teenage boy by the arms, she tries to push him but Johnny pushes her harder:

"Stay out of it Ali: this is a boy's fight, and no girl should get involved!"

"It's over Johnny! I am breaking up with you permanently, as from now on!"

"Oh yeah: and what about that?"

Daniel watches horrified, as the athletic blond teenage boy kicks the radio enraged, and before he knows what's happening, he lunges towards him, knocking him on the floor.

"What the hell?" Johnny exclaims, in surprise.

"That's what you get for not respecting a lady!"

And as everyone watches in fascination, the skinny dark haired teenage boy punches Johnny hard on the face, and soon both of them are rolling town the floor, kicking each other repeatedly.

"Come on Johnny, finish him! No mercy, remember?" His 3 biker friends yell in unison, while the girls watch the scene unfold in front of them mesmerised.

Daniel wasn't sure what was happening to him, but the urge to continue punching his enemy was too strong to stop and Johnny felt likewise: he was like a man possessed and felt more alive than ever...

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Cobra Kai Dojo, September 1984

"I need to talk to you sensei."

"Is something bothering you, Johnny?

The athletic blond teenager hesitates before answering: John Kreese was his idol, his mentor and karate teacher, and the only closest thing to a father figure he had ever known. He still remembered the first time he saw the man standing proudly like a lion in front of his students; Johnny had only being twelve years old at the time, but to him, this tall broad shouldered adult had been like a hero in his eyes. Kreese had moulded him in some sort, he had taught him karate in the most aggressive and offensive way, showing him that when it came to his enemy, there was only one thing he needed to never forget: no mercy no matter how high the risks were, and right now, Johnny was in strong need of advice.

Clearing his throat, the athletic blond teenager asks tentatively: "i need your advice, sensei. There is this new boy at school who keeps making my life impossible; first he steals my girlfriend, and to make matters worse he is at the top of his class! I can't let him steal the teacher's attention too!"

"So what are you waiting for: just finish him once for all, and all your little troubles will vanish. It's just as simple as that."

"There is a problem though: he's got a sensei of his own too. He is a Japanese man on top of that." Johnny continues, nervously.

"So what if he is Japanese: do you think that makes him a better sensei than me?" Kreese asks, crossing his arms in front of him.

"No sir."

"Good. What's this boy's name anyway?"

"Daniel Larusso, sir."

"Interesting… So he's got an Italian surname: probably a mixed child."

Kreese smirks disdainfully: he hated immigrants of all sorts.

"He is actually from New Jersey. He moved here about a month ago." Johnny replies, slowly.

"From Reseda: That kid is far worse off than i thought. He probably lives in poverty, and he might be on a scholarship."

"Maybe, but he is the smartest kid i have ever met: the way he answers the teacher's question accurately is amazing!" Johnny exclaims, in awe.

"If i didn't know any better, I would say you truly admire him. I thought you wanted to finish the enemy, not befriend him?" The broad shouldered man asks, frowning.

"Oh, but i do want to finish him sensei! That's why i came to you for advice: i need you to tell me what to do to get rid of him?"

"Well, in that case, why don't you arrange a meeting with him and... his Japanese sensei? I'd be delighted to meet them!" Kreese exclaims with a mysterious smile, as an idea was beginning to form in his mind.

"Thank you sensei!" Johnny exclaims relieved: his mentor would make sure to get rid of the skinny dark haired teenager, who had been nothing but a thorn in his life ever since the first day their paths crossed, a couple of weeks ago…..

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Miyagi dojo, Fall of 1984

"Can i ask you a question Mr Miyagi?"

"What is it Daniel San?"

"What do you think of Johnny?"

"Is this the athletic blond boy from your school who does karate and is always picking on you?" The oriental middle aged man asks, narrowing his eyes.

"Yes. I wish i could be friends with him: he could teach me a thing or two about 'offence'." The skinny dark haired teenage boy replies, wistfully.

"I don't think this is a good idea: this boy is trouble." Miyagi continues, shaking his head.

"But he is so strong and popular!"

"If he really wants to be friends with you, he will come to you."

"What do you mean by that?"

"That you have to be patient and wait for the right time: i believe that sooner or later, this troubled boy will seek your friendship."

"Hardly: Johnny is the most popular guy at school, and he dates the best looking girl too!" Daniel exclaims, in awe.

"Appearances aren't always what they seem: i see so much pain in this boy's eyes. I think he has a troubled soul, and it makes him angry."

Daniel looks at his mentor amazed: he seemed to know so much about human psychology, and yet, he hardly knew Johnny.

"Daniel San, you are stronger than you think, you just have to believe in yourself and have more self-confidence. And i promise you that one day, this tough boy will need you. You will see."

And smiling knowingly, Mr Miyagi taps the dark haired teenage boy's shoulder affectionately.

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Reseda, California summer of 2018.

Both middle aged men were now standing only a few inches away: a whirlwind of emotions goes through Johnny as he realises his biggest rival was right in front of him. Daniel Larusso had been a thorn in his life ever since the first moment he had laid eyes on him.

1984 was the year, and Johnny would never forget the moment his eyes crossed with the skinny dark haired teenage boy; with his olive tanned skin he could have easily passed for a Latino.

Smiling bitterly, the tall athletic blond man remembers how the skinny and fragile boy had looked at him with admiration, how he had smiled tentatively, and how instead of returning the smile, Johnny had muttered something about immigrants taking over Americans.

What an irony though: as it turns out, Daniel Larusso was not only American, but he was originally from New Jersey and had moved to Reseda to start a better life.

To make matters worse, he also attended the same school as Johnny, and before he realised what was happening, the skinny dark haired teenager started to hang out with his girlfriend Ali, the hottest girl in high school, and the only one who had captured his heart.

Thinking about his former sweetheart made his anger rise, and laughing bitterly, Johnny says the first thing that comes into his mind:

"Your sensei was a real piece of s**t!"

"What did you just say?"

Daniel's voice was full of hatred and he had a dangerous look in his eyes.

"You heard me!"

The unexpected punch takes Johnny by surprise, and before he realises what hit him he finds himself on the floor.

"What the hell?"

"Don't you ever speak about Mr Miyagi like that again: he was twice the man you are, and a far better person than you will ever be!"

The harsh words hit the athletic blond man like pieces of knifes, and getting up the floor in a fury, he grabs the tall dark haired man by the neck and punches him hard on the face:

"Do you want to see who the real man is: come on Larusso, show me what you're made of!"

Hitting him back, Daniel grabs the tall blond haired man by the shoulder and both men stumble down the floor. The punching continues, and panting heavily, Johnny realises he had been looking forwards to this fight for a very long time: it actually felt good to be able to hit his biggest rival and let the restrain anger finally break out free, to remind him what he really was: a Cobra Kai in heart and soul!

Seized with a new energy, Johnny lunges towards his biggest rival ready to finish him once for all, but Daniel grabs his arms to stops him:

"Enough Johnny! You got your revenge and hitting me won't solve your issues."

"What do you know about issues? You got everything you ever wanted in life: first you stole my girlfriend back in high school, then you won at the 'All Valley Tournament' with an illegal kick, and now you want to take away my only son!"

"That's not true! First of all, i didn't use an illegal kick: it was well earned! and If Robby prefers my company it's because I am a far better listener than you! When was the last time you even took the time to really listen to your son, Johnny?"

"Shut up!"

"Really Johnny? When are you going to learn to think first, and then strike?"

"You are one to talk: didn't you just hit me first?"

"You had it coming: no one insults Miyagi's name!"

Johnny flinches at the fury he reads in this enemy's eyes: it was the first time he had seen Daniel so angry, and he was bewildered; the normally calm and peaceful tall dark haired man was now enraged.

"Hey man, ease up. I didn't mean to insult your sensei: i just said the first thing that came into my mind."

"And as usual, you had to open that big mouth of yours and speak nonsense!"

"I surrender... Can we call it a day? I'm pretty beat, and i have to get up early for my dojo.

"Of really?"

"What's that supposed to mean? You also have a dojo of your own in case you've forgotten."

The sudden cell phone ringing take both men by surprise, and picking up the phone from his pocket, Daniel answers it:

"Hi honey, I will be home soon, bye! Love you too."

Johnny rolls his eyes irritated by the distraction, and facing his rival again, he says ironically: "I guess it's time to go home to your loving wife."

"It sure is, but you wouldn't know anything about it. After all..."

"Look man, i don't want to start another argument, so let's call it a night."

"As you wish."

And turning his back on the tall athletic blond haired man, Daniel marches proudly towards his Volvo car, getting inside without glancing back.

As Johnny watches the tall dark haired man drive away he feels a pang in his heart: why was fate so cruel to him, and so rewarding to his mortal enemy?

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

As the weeks go by, Johnny finds himself unable to keep a job for longer than a week, and with autumn around the corner the nights are getting colder and expensive to save on heating and electricity.

Shivering slightly, the tall blond haired man grabs his jacket and decides to drive to the nearest pub: he needed a hard drink very urgently!

Getting inside his car, Johnny drives around the street absentminded, until he notices a light flashing and a dark shadow standing right in the middle of the driveway:

"What the hell?"

Slowing down, Johnny gets out of his car and walks tentatively towards the stranger: "Can i help you with anything buddy? Why are you standing in the middle of the street?"

As if on due, 2 other men appear out of nowhere, and walking menacingly towards the tall blond haired man, they snicker: "look what we got here! A dumb pretty boy? Don't you watch enough movies to know better than to stop in the middle of the street when it's dark?"

Feeling his pulse quicken, Johnny reacts fast sensing he is in danger, and before any of the men can react, he lounges towards them in a jump, knocking them all on the floor abruptly: "And you should know better than to mess with a Cobra Kai! I want you to get your dirty faces out of my way, or i will show you no mercy and strangle you, do you hear me?!"

And placing his feet in the tallest man's throat, Johnny begins to squeeze.

"Please stop and have mercy on my friend!" One of the men screams, horrified.

"Alright, but i want you 3 to get in your car and get the hell out of here! Do you hear me?" Johnny continues, clenching his fist.

"We will! Come on Archie, the pretty boy is no match for us after all!"

As Johnny watches the 3 men get off the floor and get in their car hurriedly, he smiles in satisfaction: no one would dare mess with a Cobra Kai!

As if on due, an image of his old Sensei flashes through his mind: deep inside, Johnny knew that despite his hate towards Kreese, (the man who had taught him Karate in the most aggressive way) a part of him would always remain, like a heavy stone in his heart.

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Later one night, as Daniel is taking the garbage outside the house he spots a dark shadow lingering in his backyard, and immediately suspicious he yells:

"Who's out there? I've got security guards for trespassers, so beware!"

A dry laugh catches his attention, and walking tentatively towards the dark shadow standing, he lightens his cell phone to identify the intruder:

"Johnny?! What the hell are you doing here?" Daniel screams, bewildered.

"Relax Larusso. I had a long night, and i thought maybe we could chill over drinks?"

"Johnny you're drunk! How many beers have you had?" Daniel continues, smelling his breath: This was supposed to be his night off and he had been looking forwards to spending it relaxing over a hot tub, instead he was getting into an argument with his most mortal enemy.

Bursting in laughter, Johnny replies amused: "I've had all kind of drinks tonight Larusso, not just beer!"

Growing annoyed, Daniel explodes in rage:

"Do you know what your problem is Johnny? You never amounted to anything in your life: you drink every time you have a problem instead of trying to solve it, you have no meaningful relationship at all, and your only son is estranged from you. You are useless man! A real loser!"

Daniel's harsh words are too much for Johnny to take in, and unable to control his anger, he launches towards the tall dark haired man knocking down the floor.

All those years of repressed frustration were finally taking a stall: the humiliation he was enduring was too much for him, and blinded by rage he punches his rival's face repeatedly.

Both men roll down the floor panting; Their breathing grows heavier as they fight one another and Johnny seizes the opportunity to beat his enemy harder on the face, but Daniel stops him: "That's enough Johnny!"

And grabbing his arms forcefully, he pulls the athletic tall blond man off the floor abruptly.

"Do you feel better now after punching me hard on the face?"

"I hate you so much!" Johnny exclaims with passion."

"So what else is new?" Daniel replies, rolling his eyes.

"I mean it! And if you ever call me a loser again, I will disfigure your face!" The athletic blond man continues, clenching his fist, ready for more action.

"Oh really: and do you think I am afraid of you? I am not the skinny frail boy you used to torment in high school anymore: i can punch hard now, so beware!"

Both men stare at each other intensely for a long time, and once again Daniel is the one who breaks the silence: "just go home Johnny, and try to stay out of trouble."

And turning his back, the tall dark haired man leaves to prevent another argument.

As Johnny watches his long -time rival walk away, he has a pang in his heart: why did their fights always have to end making him feel like he was the villain, and Daniel the hero?

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Back in the house, Daniel was fuming: his fights with Johnny always had a way of making him feel like he was the ogre and Johnny the victim, which was quite absurd, considering the fact that his childhood rival had been the biggest bully in high school.

As Amanda watches her man pacing back and forwards in the living room, she notices his bruise on his cheek, and alarmed she asks: "what happened to your face Daniel? Did you get into another fight with Johnny Lawrence?"

"If you know the answer, why bother asking?"

"Oh Daniel why: when are you two going to stop with this childhood rivalry once for all? You are fifty one years old: grow up!"

"It's not that easy honey: if that guy wasn't such a prick, things would have never gone that far!"

"Oh stop it: i know you two love being at each other's throats!"

"Are you kidding me? We hate each other's guts!" Daniel exclaims, passionately.

"And who are you trying to fool Daniel Larusso: i know quite well that deep down you have a soft spot for Johnny. Don't deny it."

"For that loser: please!"

"It's true: you love teasing him. I bet you are the one who provoked the fight. So what happened this time?" Amanda continues, smiling knowingly.

"I called him a loser, and next thing i know that brute launched at me, knocking me down the floor!" Daniel exclaims, frustrated.

"And what did you expect: calling someone a loser is not very nice: shame on you!" The slim brunette replies, shaking her head in disapproval.

"I guess i deserved that punch, but i swear: that guy brings out the worst in me!"

"Let me take care of that bruise on your face."

And walking towards the bathroom cabinet, Amanda takes a plaster and a disinfectant to clean her husband's face.

"Now tell me honey, why did you call Johnny Laurence a loser? You know he's got quite a temper, and you probably hurt his feelings."

"More like his ego. Anyway, i did it to make him snap and start acting more responsibly: he's never around to take care of his son, he is always in between jobs and drinks non - stop."

"So you do care about him!" Amanda teases.

Rolling his eyes, Daniel chooses to change the subject: "so how about

this new deal, we've got at work?"

"Ask Louie: he has been spending more time at work than you, so in a way it is his deal."

"Whatever, but what about if we have some of my famous Italian Lasagne?"

"Your mother's recipe?" The slim brunette asks, smiling.

"Of course.

And wrapping his arms around his wife's shoulders, Daniel pulls her closer to kiss her.

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

The next morning Johnny decides to get up early to look at the job section on the paper: he needed to find work as soon as possible if he wanted to keep up with his rent. Sighing he remembers his fight with Larusso last night, and shaking his head he tries to ignore the rage building up inside him. The clinging of the phone takes him out of his reverie, and standing up abruptly he picks it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Johnny it's Marty. I need some work done at my place: are you able to come this afternoon?"

"Marty is that really you? I thought you fired me!" Johnny replies, astonished to get a call from his former boss.

"That was yesterday's news. You're hired again." The voice on the other line insists.

"But why?" Johnny continues, incredulous. Something felt out of place, but he couldn't quite figure it out.

"Because i need you Johnny: you're the best Handyman in town."

Johnny tries to concentrate before answering, but the too many drinks he had last night were taking a toll: his vision was blurring and he was feeling very thirsty. Wiping his forehead with his sleeves, he asks tentatively,

"How much will you pay me? I need the money right away or i'll be late for my rent."

"Don't worry about it! Come by at my house at 3 pm and i'll have the cash for you ready, after you finish the job."

The line goes suddenly dead, and Johnny realises his boss has hung the phone.

"I might as well take a shower and hit the road!" Johnny sights, placing the phone back before going inside the bathroom: It was going to be a long day!

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Meanwhile, at the 'Larusso Auto dealership'

Daniel was polishing one of his cars, while explaining to a customer all the functions and advantages of a Ferrari, but his mind was elsewhere: he couldn't get Johnny out of his head, and the more he thought about him, the more frustrated he became.

"Mr Larusso, did you hear anything i said about my offer?" A female voice interrupts him in a sultry voice: his customer was a pretty brunette with silky hair but he had no time for flirting right now, and besides he was a married man.

"Of course i did, Mrs Vasquez. Forgive me for the distraction, but i had a lot on my mind lately."

The pretty brunette softens at Daniel's warm voice, and smiling encouragingly she continues: "not to worry i understand. I only wanted to tell you that i accepted your offer. I love the Ferrari and i'd like to taste it right away."

"Absolutely! Let me show you around."

And gesturing to the pretty brunette, Daniel shows her around the office to sign the papers: he needed to keep his mind focused on work, and forget about his childish rivalry if he didn't want to lose his job!

888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

It was 8 pm as Johnny finally finished doing all the repairs at his former boss's house, and rinsing his hands on the kitchen tab, he wipes them while looking around for him:

"Hey Marty! I finished my job, so will you pay me what i'm due?"

Not hearing any answers Johnny walks towards the patio, but his former boss is nowhere to be seen.

"What the hell!" He mutters under his breath annoyed.

The sudden punching takes him by surprise, and at the sight of two large men standing menacingly in front of him, he winces in pain.

"Alright boys, i want you to finish him and you will be well rewarded! This intruder has stolen some of my finest art and deserves no mercy!" A bold headed man says, grinning.

"Marty what the hell are you talking about, and who are these goones?! Johnny shouts, hurt at his former boss's betrayal.

"Oh Johnny boy, when will you learn not to trust people? You should know better by now that i don't mix with losers like you!"

And smiling with cruelty, Marty continues: "You are so gullible and easy to fool. Did you really think i was willing to pay you, after you called my partner a b***h!"

"I didn't know she was a friend of yours, and i never called her a b***h: i said she was bitching me!" Johnny responds defensively.

"It's too late for regrets now, and face it; you were always a lousy Handyman!"

Feeling angry and betrayed Johnny clenches his fist, but this time Marty punches him on the stomach: " This is what you get from me, and i never want to see your face again!"

And nodding towards his 2 partners, Marty continues: "Take him outside my house and finish him! Afterwards you can dump him in the nearest garbage!"

Johnny watches his former boss leave hurriedly, and wincing in pain his turns his head towards his 2 opponents:

"You heard the boss pretty boy, be obedient and don't make this hard on us."

Bending his head with submission, Johnny sees his life going in slow motion right in front of him: here he was, in the middle of nowhere and alone, with 2 goons who were going to kill him. He had no friends or family to rescue him, and the realisation hit him hard.

"That's it, good boy."

Dragging the tall bruised and almost unconscious blond athletic man out of the backyard, both goons dump him into a dark street corner, punching him repeatedly.

The last thing Johnny remembers before blacking out, is how his life was ending without him achieving anything, and how he would never be able to make amends with his only son, and his childhood rival.

"Goodbye Robby... Daniel..."

As darkness unfolds, soon Johnny is transported into a safer world and his most cherished one: his youth...

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Later at night at the 'Larusso Mansion'.

Stepping outside his mansion, Daniel decides to go for a ride to clear his head: it had been a long day, and he needed to be by himself for a little while.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to drive this late at night, honey?"

Amanda is standing outside with her hands on her hips, and a questioning look on her face.

Smiling warmly at his beautiful wife, Daniel replies:

"I won't be long darling, and besides it's only 10 pm. I just need to be by myself and clear my head."

"Alright, but please be careful: this is LA, and there are a lot of intruders around." Amanda warns, in a worried voice.

"I promise to be vigilant. See you in wee while honey."

And stepping inside his car, Daniel drives slowly absentminded. As the traffic lights turn orange, he spots an unusual movement coming from a narrow street, and intrigued he parks his car to investigate. His instincts were telling him to back off and mind his own business, but his curiosity got the best of him.

Walking tentatively towards the narrow street, Daniel's notices a body lying on the floor, and recognising the familiar shape, he screams horrified:

"Johnny!"

Turning around he spots two men make a run and tries to grab one of them but they are too fast for him, and shaking his head in frustration he exclaims:

"D****t!"

Daniel kneels down the fainted blond man with the Goldilocks, shaking him vigorously:

"Johnny, wake up!"

Seeing no reaction coming from his childhood rival, the tall dark haired man picks him up feeling helpless, and dragging him forcefully, he walks back towards his car and drops him carefully in the backseat.

As Daniel drives and glances at the tall athletic blond man, the realisation hits him hard on the face: here, lying unconscious was his biggest rival, the one person who was the reason he had tried so hard to compete and outsmart all those years. Johnny Lawrence had been his motivation to triumph in life, his thirst to climb higher and show him that he could be as good as him. As Daniel notices his bruised lips, his heart goes out for him. All of a sudden, the years of rivalries seemed meaningless compared to what had happened now, and the urge to help his enemy was too strong. He had to help Johnny get on his feet again, because like it or not, he could no longer deny the strong bond that held them together; Johnny Lawrence was his binary brother for better or worse, a fact that united them forever.

Daniel knew with certainty that trouble lay ahead: his long-time rival hated him with a passion that was almost blinded by envy, and his jealousy enabled him to fully trust him. Sighing deeply, he decides to go ahead with the plan that was forming in his mind. His mission was to cure his binary brother, and to prevent him from ending in a gutter.

Driving as fast as he can, Daniel breathes relief at the sight of his villa, and parking his car hurriedly, he carries his still unconscious rival inside the house. At that same moment Amanda Larusso walks by, and at the sight of Johnny Lawrence lying on the floor, she gasps:

"Oh my god! What happened to him?"

"I found him in a corner of the street unconscious: i still caught the sight of two men making a run and tried to grab them, but they were too fast."

"Well thank god you were around: you saved his life!" The slim brunette woman exclaims, widening her eyes in shock.

"He's still unconscious though: i think I am going to have to practice some of the treatment Mr Miyagi taught me."

And rubbing his hands in his palms, Daniel kneels down the blond haired man with the Goldilocks, and placing them in his open wound, he begins to massage in slow motion.

"Ouch! Where the am i?" Johnny yells, opening his eyes abruptly, and at the sight of his long-time rival standing in front of him, he pushes him away furiously.

"What's going on?"

"I should be asking you that same question Johnny: what were you thinking by starting a fight on the street like some homeless junkie? Don't you have anything better to do?"

"It's none of your damn business!"

"It is, if I am the one who always has to keep you out of trouble!" Daniel yells, glaring at his rival in anger.

"Why do you care anyway? You hate my guts, just as much as i hate yours!"

"That may be so, but i couldn't exactly let you die on the streets: it would be on my conscience."

"Don't do me any favours! I can take care of myself!" The tall athletic blond man exclaims furiously.

"Oh really Johnny? And how long will it be until you pull another fight?" Daniel continues, merciless.

"You don't know what you're talking about man: those guys were after me!"

"Before, or after you punched their faces?"

"I don't have to listen to you: I am out of here, so thank you for saving my life but i don't need your help anymore."

And getting up the floor with great effort, the tall athletic blond man heads towards the door, but Daniel's voice stops him abruptly:

"Not so fast Johnny! You and i have some undone business."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to make a deal with you." Daniel replies, with a glint in his eyes.

"A deal? What kind of deal?" The tall athletic blond man asks, suspiciously.

"I'm going to let you stay here in my house, until you come clean."

"Stay at your place? I'd rather live on the streets!" Johnny explodes, outraged.

"Oh really? I can't let you stay in the streets like an alcoholic homeless person: my job is to make sure the streets are clean, remember? So either you cooperate, or you'll go to rehab." Daniel replies, in a firm voice.

"Live In that nut house? Over my dead body!"

"The rehabilitation centre is not a nut house: it helps people get their lives in order, and right now yours is in a very bad shape."

Facing his rival, Johnny realises he was no match for him: Daniel Larusso was in charge of the town now, besides owning a car company. And If he didn't surrender, he'd end up chained with handcuffs in some dark room where the crazy people were jailed.

Sighing in defeat, he asks: "so this is payback, isn't it? You are doing all this because i tormented you in high school, right?"

"Partly, but that's not the only reason."

"What other reason can there be, other than making my life miserable?"

"You might be surprised." Daniel replies, smiling mischievously.

"Look man, if it makes you feel better: i apologise for all the harm I have done to you in the past, so can we forget about the whole thing and get on with our lives?"

"It doesn't work that way, Johnny boy. You screwed up, and now you are going to have to face the consequences. Besides: I am doing this for your own good."

"For my own good? Horseshit! Now tell me the truth: why are you doing this, really?"

"I've got my own reasons." Daniel replies, in a mysterious voice.

"You really take pleasure on belittling me, don't you? Why can't we just put the past behind us and move on: i told you i was sorry man!"

"I just want to help you put your life back together."

"And what if i refuse?" Johnny challenges his rival.

"Then you leave me no choice, but to put you in rehab."

Sighing in defeat, Johnny realises that once again he was at his enemy's mercy: Daniel Larusso had won the battle as usual. History repeated itself, and it left him drained and empty.

"What do i have to do?"

"You will follow my rules: first of all, there won't be any alcohol for you anymore since you cannot handle it..."

"Not even a sip?" Johnny interrupts, alarmed.

"Not one drop, and i mean it!"

And taking a deep breath, Daniel continues: "secondly, you will drop out of Cobra Kai and join my dojo; Myjagi do is all about 'balance', and you need it very badly if you want to achieve anything with your life. Lastly, i want us to train together and teach kids about our different karate styles. It will prepare them for life and avoid them getting bullied."

Daniel's last sentence was intended to put him to shame no doubt, and blushing deeply, Johnny looks away embarrassed. Amanda chooses to interrupt at that same moment saving the day, and at the sight of the slim brunette standing close by, Johnny smiles: he had always liked her kind and easy going personality.

'Unlike that creep of a husband she's got!'

"I couldn't help overhearing the conversation, and I am really glad you're going to live under the same roof as us!" Amanda exclaims excited: she had always found the tall athletic blond man intriguing and entertaining; his childish fights with her husband were a legend, and she prayed for the day those two rivals would come together, and admit once for all they made far better friends than enemies...

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

"I was right, you know: you do have a soft spot for Johnny." Amanda says knowingly, once they were alone.

"I am only doing my job: i couldn't let him lie unconscious on the street." Daniel replies, stubbornly.

"You always had a weakness for trouble makers." Amanda insists.

"Johnny Lawrence is not a troublemaker: he's a lost case!"

"Whatever, but I am glad you offered to help him out: i think the guy deserves a second chance."

"You do like Johnny Lawrence don't you? Do i have a reason to be jealous?" Daniel teases his wife.

"Actually, i should be the one getting jealous: you spend more time fighting with him, than you do being with me." The slim brunette replies, batting her eyelashes at her husband.

"Oh come on honey! You know you are the love of my life: Johnny is just a thorn on my side."

"That may be, but you two really are two sides of the same coin: you are more alike than you care to admit."

"Me and him alike: please!" Daniel exclaims rolling his eyes, but Amanda knew better: underneath the tough facade, her husband had the softest heart; unfortunately his stubbornness prevented him to make up with Johnny, and put an end once for all to their rivalry...

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Johnny was lying in bed, unable to fall asleep: he hadn't had a sip of alcohol for 2 days now, and he was beginning to feel quite thirsty. His throat was very dry and itchy, and the urge to have a sip of liquor was beginning to be unbearable; he knew if he didn't get something soon he might pass out, and he was shivering uncontrollably. Getting up his bed, the tall athletic blond man leaves the bedroom to head towards the living room where the Larussos kept the drinks. The desire was too strong to stop now, and if he could just get the taste of whiskey on his lips it would make him feel better.

As he approaches the cabinet, he is dumbfounded to find it empty and stares at it agape.

"Looking for these?" A familiar voice asks, and at the sight of the tall dark haired man standing with empty bottles on his hands, he gasps.

"What the hell?"

"I had to make sure i got rid of all the alcohol we had, so you don't get your hands on it." Daniel continues, in a calm voice.

"But..."

"Come with me: it's time you start learning how to meditate. It will keep you out of trouble."

"Now: but it's the middle of the night!" Johnny protests.

"So what better time to start: it's obvious you can't sleep, and I'm wide awake now."

Nodding slightly, Johnny follows his rival tentatively: he didn't fully trust him yet, despite the fact that Daniel Larusso was doing anything in his power to help him get rid of his alcohol addiction. He couldn't help thinking there might be an angle, that nothing was given for free, and that sooner or later they would both fall back into their old habit and start arguing again. Both men were like oil and vinegar, and he knew there would never be harmony between them.

"Get down on your knees and close your eyes." Daniel commands, as soon as they enter inside the Miyagi Dojo.

"What? You want me to get down on my knees and pray: what kind of game is that?" Johnny asks, suspicious.

"Will you trust me? There is more to it."

Johnny finds himself obeying, and going down on his knees, he closes his eyes.

"Good. Now breathe in and out." Daniel continues, in a deep voice.

As Johnny closes his eyes and begins to breathe in and out, he begins to relax. All the tension he had built up in his life was slowly dissolving, and he was able to understand his situation more. Here he was, a middle aged man with alcoholic issues, a failed marriage, unemployed and estranged from his teenage son. To make matters worse, he was at the mercy of his childhood rival, and even though he knew he ought to be grateful to Daniel Larusso for letting come clean and stay in his house, he couldn't help feeling envy for him; the tall dark haired man had everything one could dream of: a well-paid stable job, success in life, and the prettiest wife. Johnny on the other hand had been a loser most his life, going from jobs to jobs, having endless affairs, getting into fights and drinking nonstop when he couldn't see any way out, and in the end he had turned into a bitter and resentful man. One thing he would never admit to himself though, was the strong admiration and respect he felt for his childhood rival, and how much he looked up to him. Overcome with a sudden regret, Johnny remembers the first time he set his eyes on the skinny dark haired teenager, how intrigued he had been of him, and how instead of approaching him to get to know him, he had done everything in his power to make his life miserable. Fighting back the tears that were forming in his eyes, he realises that things could have turned out differently if he hadn't been so proud, and how they could have become the best of friends instead of bitter enemies...

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

As the days turn into weeks, Daniel starts to notice some changes in his childhood rival: instead of his habitual grumpy and aggressive posture, Johnny looked more relaxed and peaceful, and once again, he had to admit that Miyagi dojo had a way of working miracles for even the most difficult cases, and in his book, there wasn't anyone in this world, as complex as Johnny Lawrence.

As if on due their eyes meet, and smiling tentatively, the athletic tall blond man asks:

"So, when are we going to start recruiting students and train them?"

"Good question, but not to worry: I have already put an ad online about Miyagi Dojo. I guess it's just a matter of time before i get an answer."

" You probably used your computer to do that, right?"

Daniel grins at Johnny: "I could teach you a thing or two about computers, if you like?"

"No thanks: you've done enough."

And feeling awkward, Johnny adds: "but thanks anyway."

"No problem."

Clearing his throat, Daniel asks tentatively: "how about you help me set up the new Miyagi Dojo, so it's ready for when we get the new recruits?"

"Sure."

As Johnny follows the tall dark haired man, he feels a pang of hope: maybe things were brightening up between them, and with a little luck they would even become something similar to friends, or at least allies who had found common ground...

88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

MIYAGI DO, new Dojo at the Larusso Mansion.

Autumn had come and gone and there were still no recruiters in sight. Daniel and Johnny's combined Dojo remained intact, and after hard work of training together, and learning all about meditation and how to control anger issues, Johnny had turned into a new leaf: he was now much more composed, and he was leading a healthier life; he knew he had Daniel to thank for, and the once enmity between them was now gone, replaced by respect and trust.

One day that both men were standing outside their Dojo Johnny decides to approach his former nemesis, and clearing his throat, he begins:

"Daniel..."

Startled, the tall dark haired man stares at him perplexed: it was the first time Johnny had called him by his first name.

"I just wanted to say...Thank you for everything." Johnny continues, shyly.

Both men smile at each other tentatively, and patting Johnny's shoulder affectionately, Daniel replies warmly:

"You're welcome my friend."

The tall athletic blond man beams slightly surprised, and changing the subject Daniel continues: "Amanda and i are going to town to visit her cousin Jessica, so you can have the house all for yourself. We should be back early in the evening."

"Is there anything you want me to do while you are both away?"

Johnny had done some repair work in the house when needed: it was his way of paying his free stay.

"No. Just enjoy your free time. Soon we'll be busy, once we start recruiting students for our combined new Dojo."

And nodding towards the front door, Daniel adds: "Amanda is waiting in the car, so we'll both see you tonight when we're back."

"Right. Have a great time!"

"Catch you later."

As he watches his former rival leave the house, Johnny smiles pleased: they've both had their ups and downs no doubt, but now things would be different between them. The ice had been broken in an unspoken 'truce', and Daniel had even called him friend.

Walking towards the new 'Miyagi Do' Dojo, Johnny plastered smile freezes at the sight of the familiar man, standing 2 metres right in front of him:

"Nice to see you again, Johnny boy!"

Too shocked for words, Johnny stares in astonishment at the one man who had so much influence in his life, the man who's made his childhood miserable, the man responsible for his insecurities and failures, and the only father figure he had known for better or worse: John Kreese.

" I thought you were dead!" Johnny finally mutters, shaking vigorously.

"That's what i let everyone believe, Johnny boy. But i have come for you, to remind you that you belong with me, because like it or not it is who you are. An aggressive fighter who strikes first and believes in no mercy, a true 'Cobra Kai Warrior!'"

"NOOOO!" Johnny screams vehemently, and seized by a sudden fear he passes out.

Kreese watches his favourite student lying on the floor unconscious, and looking around to see if the coast is clear, he bends down the floor and carries Johnny effortlessly: it was time to bring his boy back home: Johnny Lawrence, his greatest weakness, and his biological son...

Here ends the first chapter of my 'Cobra Kai Saga', and now that Kreese has returned from the darkness, what will become of our two main heroes: is Daniel going to feel betrayed by Johnny if he decides to join the enemy's Dojo, and is the fragile and new found friendship between them going to break, and vanish into air?

But most important of all is the intriguing news: is Johnny Lawrence really Kreese's biological son?

Find out in my next chapter, and i hope you enjoyed reading it!

© 2024 Valentina Warner


Author's Note

Valentina Warner
Thanks everyone who reads it, and i hope you enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on February 3, 2024
Last Updated on February 3, 2024
Tags: Johnny Lawrence, Daniel Larusso, John Kreese