Lambs become Lions

Lambs become Lions

A Poem by ShadowWalker

Look at these people they don't have a clue

Not even an inkling of what may be true


They fight many battles under the pretense of security

Everyday pushing us closer to obscurity


Our leaders they think they have all the power

they are mistaken, cometh the hour


This situation is a result of our choices

we must come together, uniting our voices


The people with power have forgotten their purpose

now let us rise, we can all be usurpers


We all should unite and show some defiance

Remind them they stand on the shoulders of giants

© 2012 ShadowWalker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This was really great. I feel like you should be writing political speeches or something, lololol.

No, really, this was great! The title is quite nice, too. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The title kinda reminds me of the playoff of "lion and the lamb" type of thing, which is awesome. ALSO. "cometh" might be one of the best words I've seen in forever :) laughed i did. I'm not real perceptive with poetry BUT its powerfully written and its all like "WE WILL HAVE OUR RIGHTS AND WE WON'T LET YOU TAKE THEM!" you know that sort of thing. Well thats what i thought. Loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


An admirable faith in the revolutionary commitment of the people, one I must admit I do not share; the people are more concerned with wealth than nobility, with safety than bravery, with happiness more than greatness. But my own distaste for the people and faith in them aside this work is a lovely write.

It has a power to it, it is insistent and does not relent from its cause. The rhyme is natural and does not appear forced, it rolls from the tongue of the reader with ease. It is hopeful but it does not appear idealistic I think, rather it positions its ideals as the reality.

Very well done, the first of yours I have read and I look forward to reading more of your work.

Regards,
A.E.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good, strong, political poem.
Great flow.
Well thought through. An enjoyable read... and to ponder.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love this! I totally got it, nd am with you :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice write...makes a lot of sense. It had excellent flow and rhythm to it as well. Great job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very well written and thought provoking in some ways... Thank you for the good read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very moving and a wonderful write. You truly have a gift.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice work as always.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

803 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 7, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012

Author

ShadowWalker
ShadowWalker

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Writer, Philosopher, All round lost cause The truth is Freewill is an illusion, every choice you think you make is nothing more than another step along a predestined path that only has one destina.. more..

Writing
act 2 act 2

A Chapter by ShadowWalker



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..