Heartbreak One Day, Love The Next

Heartbreak One Day, Love The Next

A Poem by Ashton Goodnough
"

I wrote this poem for my boyfriend, when we broke up and got back together. It is the most personal and emotional poem I have ever written.

"
The clock tick-tocks the hours away when I’m here in the dark thinking of you.
But when I see you with her I wonder if it would matter if I was gone.
Away from this world. Never to be seen again.
I sometimes wonder if you miss me as much as I miss you.
No matter how many guys I will be with none of them would ever be as great as you.
Oh, how I long to feel your touch, your kiss. How I long to have you hold me once more.
I feel like there is a hole inside my heart that is full of darkness and depression.
No light or joy to be found anywhere.
I cry so much my eyes start to burn.
I can feel my heart being torn apart little by little. Piece by piece.
I go by life with a fake smile, so you don’t truly see the pain that I am hiding.
Sometimes I feel dead inside. 
Like I don’t think I have a reason for living anymore.
What’s the point? Why do I even try?
There is never a glimmer of hope in my eyes when I look in the mirror.
All I see is an ugly girl who will never find love.
I will just let them slip through my fingers just like all the rest.
Time passes by and my pain grows more and more.
I want to tell you how I feel about you but I am frightened of what you might say.
I just keep quiet about it all.

A few weeks have passed. You approach me asking to talk.
You confess that you still love me, as much as I still love you.
You say that you never got over me.
You say that you still care for me.
 That you never stopped thinking about me.
Hearing those words escape your lips had fixed my heart.
After what I did do you, I thought you would hate me forever.
I thought you would never forgive me.
But I was wrong. I felt so relieved to hear you say that you still loved me.
I wanted to hug you and never let go.
I wanted to kiss you for a long time, right then and there. 
No matter how depressed I get I know that you will be there for me.
I love you Dalton. I always have and I always will. Now and forever I will be yours and yours alone. I love you. 

© 2012 Ashton Goodnough


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love how much emotion was in that poem. It is really hard to criticize something from the heart like that. I despise it when people criticize my words from the heart. It sounds like you really do love him, that he is the only person that can make your heart beat faster yet slower at the same time. I can relate to this poem so much. Thank you for posting it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashton Goodnough

11 Years Ago

Than you for liking my poem. I had Dalton read it when I was finished with it and he loved it so muc.. read more



Reviews

I love how much emotion was in that poem. It is really hard to criticize something from the heart like that. I despise it when people criticize my words from the heart. It sounds like you really do love him, that he is the only person that can make your heart beat faster yet slower at the same time. I can relate to this poem so much. Thank you for posting it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ashton Goodnough

11 Years Ago

Than you for liking my poem. I had Dalton read it when I was finished with it and he loved it so muc.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 2, 2012
Last Updated on August 2, 2012

Author

Ashton Goodnough
Ashton Goodnough

Medford, OR



About
Hello fellow writers, my name is Ashton Goodnough and writing is the best hobby that I have. i like writing romance and dramic/suspence/horror stories. I also write fan fictions. The thing I hate abo.. more..

Writing