The day I truly met my love.

The day I truly met my love.

A Story by Vana James-Murray
"

I wrote this quick story on a rainy afternoon whilst missing my amazing boyfriend! I dont think its quite finished yet but I would love some feedback for it!

"
We were back on this beautiful coastline, cool breeze flowing through the trees and the magnificent orange sun setting over the horizon. I looked over to Jake only to see him staring at the ocean but with a distant look in his eyes. "Beautiful huh.. This scenery, there's nothing quite like home" I say to him hoping to see something in his eyes change. "Yeah" he replies, eyes still full of nothing and his voice quiet, "I remember my dad used to bring us out here as kids, we'd have bonfires and dad would always have a guitar handy in the car," He continues but this time with more emotion in his voice. "This is where I learnt to play guitar you know? Here on this beach. I cant count the number of times I've seen the sun set and rise again in the morning or the tide come in and out." I could tell something was wrong, it's like the anniversary of my nan affected him in some way. I watched as he got out of our car and walked to the sand, looking for a decent place to sit. I followed after a while and sat beside him wrapping a blanket around us both. "I miss him a lot sometimes, some days more than others. Times like this, us sitting here watching the sun set, it all brings back sweet childhood memories of my dad. Most the time when we're passing through I don't give it a second thought but tonight its different," he trailed off. I nuzzled my head into his shoulder and cuddled him softly, I now know the love of my life, this strong minded, stubborn, foul mouthed guy is softer than a marshmellow on the inside, the way the words fall from his lips I now know another side of him and I love it. So gentle ad caring, I look at him with my eyes full of love wanting him to go on but also not wanting him to hurt more than he already does. "I know the feeling..  What you're feeling right now" I begin to explain. "All those days you've come home from work and I'm sitting there in a puddle of my own tears, an emotional wreck. It's because I feel the same way you're feeling right now." He looks at me and his eyes begin to glaze over with tears, "it's okay to cry" I say to him cupping his finely sculpted face in my hands, "it's okay..' He blinks and a single tear falls from his green stone eyes. He only shed a few tears before wiping his cheeks and flashing me a small smile. "This is why I love you so much because even in my darkest hour you're still here with me holding my hand and telling me everything will be okay." He says to me, his eyes still full of tears but his emotion totally different. "Of course im still here where else would I be? Im always going to be right here with you, just like you are with me." He smiles again and places a small kiss on my forehead.

© 2015 Vana James-Murray


Author's Note

Vana James-Murray
Please let me know what you think! I have left out two paragraphs at the end that I have written on paper because I'd like everyones opinions on this first! Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on August 25, 2015
Tags: love, boyfriend, scenery, sorrow

Author

Vana James-Murray
Vana James-Murray

Rotorua, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand



About
Hello, I am a young aspiring writer who writes fiction with a non-fiction twist. My normal setting and characters in my short stories are people I know well and the setting is usually in my home town .. more..