The sea..

The sea..

A Story by Vassena

The tunes of the clear sea feel like electricity to my ears. I feel sparks as each wave crashes into the bridge. My heart pounds with every collision. I feel vibrations under my feet as I stand at the edge, almost falling. My whole body is connecting to the flow of the water. I am becoming one with the surroundings. The breeze tingling on my bare-naked skin.


The cold splashes come off the bridge and leave drops running down my body. I close my eyes and think of a warm cabin, a hot shower, followed by a lit fireplace. I open my eyes and do not feel icy anymore. My body floats in warmth. Not one shiver.


I jump, my feet leave the edge and I am flying. My toes hit the water first and my body slowly and gradually sink down, through the waves. For the first time I feel pure relief. My head disappears under and I feel like a dizzy spell is about to hit me. Like a hit from a drug. I feel like a sea creature, a mermaid perhaps, or some sort of new undiscovered type. I am not sure what is real anymore.


I am holding my breath, barely swimming, aiming for the bridge. I keep my head under, raise my hand above and search for the edge. My hand lands where my feet first jumped. I pull myself up. The dizziness leaves my body and I have never seen more clearly in my entire life. I am reborn. New. Fresh.


I can never forget the sea. Though I will not survive under water, I must live two lives. 

© 2016 Vassena


Author's Note

Vassena
Any comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on January 2, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2016

Author

Vassena
Vassena

About
"Everything that wanders through our human mind is a necessity to convey. We must not lose ourselves in the forest." - Vassena more..

Writing
You.. You..

A Poem by Vassena


I call it.. I call it..

A Story by Vassena