!!!UPDATES!!!

!!!UPDATES!!!

A Story by Vatsayayana
"

Just a little blurb about what's been going on in life!

"

Well hello hello hello!

I'm back ~wooooooohooooo~!!!!

It's been too darn long.

 

Let me first apologize profusely for my time away.  I kept trying to sneek back on, to keep everyone updated, to touch base and just bask in the glory of all my friends here at the Cafe.

I've just been so busy!

 

It first started off with me wanting a new job.  Which I did indeed get.  I was excited, it was over-the-top and I put mucho time/effort/energy into making it work.  The first few weeks were wild and convuluted.  I'm an anthropologist and I was working for a construction firm.   Each time they broke ground, I was the one on-site, making sure that there were no artifacts or such, to be found on site.  It they were discovered I'd go through the proper procedures of documenting the information. 

 

My days were long, wild and a ton of fun.

 

Then I was trying to get my home remolded a little bit.  Updating the bathrooms, pulling up new carpet, which is how I discovered the phone wiring was bad in my home.  That led to a few week excursion of having everything ripped apart and reinstalled just so I could get Internet back up.  ~sob~ I was without Internet for a few weeks. 

 

Then the job started having a few issues... it just had to be too good to be true.  ~le sigh~ So I had to terminate/resign and start up elsewhere which I indeed did do and I'm loving my new position. 

 

Then I had to get my precious/wonderful/delightful 5 year old ready for Kindergarten.  My oldest baby is going to school!  I don't know whether to be excited, tearful, exhilerated or terrified or all of the above rolled into one.  Oh my!

 

So my days have been crazy and wild and long!

 

Then to top everything off I have been contemplating a lot about what I want to do with my life.

 

I've been writing a lot.  Working on this one fantastic story that's abounded in my head for a very long time.  Now you have to understand, I never wanted to be a writer.  Still don't.  But I love it.  It's helped me for years, just express who I am, what I believe in, how I want to be and everything else.  But I also love what I've been going to school for, to be an anthropologist.  I'm trying to work on my MA.  Trying to finish it, trying to live my dreams. 

 

Well for awhile now, I've known that I needed to transfer schools.  I can't do what I want to do where I currently go to school at.  So I've been looking around, shopping for a new education if you will. 

 

I've also been going through a lot in life.  Ups downs sideways backways allways you name it, I've been doing it.  I deemed it was time I needed a vacation, just me and the munchkins.  Woot!  So, I decided I'd go where I always wanted to:

 

I. R. E. L. A. N. D.

 

My Mother's family is from there and I always remembered the stories my Grandfather told me.  What a wonderful, magical place.  So that's where I want to go.  Ireland.  There is no place else.

 

Well what originally was only supposed to be a vacation, turned into more.  On a crazy psychotic haze of a whim I submitted my transcripts to the University of Galway, County Galway and to Trinity College in Dublin, County Dublin.

 

Simply?  I was accepted.  Both places.  Ireland in itself is a HUGE archaeological reserve.  All of it.  So................ on October 20, the children and I fly down or is it up????? to stay for about three glorious weeks on the Emerald Isle.  Mainly to get a feel for the land, to understand things, sense things, talk to the folks at the college and figure out where to live and how to work!  Oh my GODDESS! I'm so excited.  I'll still be in the states until either Spring of '09 or I'll start school in the Fall of '09.  It all depends on how fast I get things going and wrapped up here. 

 

So that has been life and I've missed you all dreadfully.  All I can say is that I've been busy and that my schedule is MUCH more accepting of time to be here on the Cafe. 

 

And just between you, me and all the rest of us writers... I fully admit that it is there that I will write what I've been writing, where I will take the gamble and seek out publication, where the story in my head will finally unfold because Ladies and Gentlemen I've found my MUSE!!!!! YEEEEHAWWW!

 

Much Love, Emmy

© 2008 Vatsayayana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Welcome Back Ms Emmy! :D

You've been thru quite a bit this summer! i envy You getting to dig on sites! :D i'm looking forward to winter here in Arizona so i can go digging again.

Ireland will be a blast! hope You'll be posting pics of that journey! :D

thank You for so many wonderful reviews of my work! :D

Faerie Blessings!

--faerie whisper (breaking the silence...)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well, cool, your journal entry, as it were, is just as interesting as any other format. And what a delightfully interesting person you are, anthropologist-minx-mom! ;-) Since you're one of the more provocative scribes, I've stumbled on here, I'll let on that I write XXX reviews/blogs too, as Pax Analysis on AdultMaven.com. Too bad there's not really a TOTAL EROS of filmmaking, but that's another of my grail projects.

Anyway, have a wonderful time in Ireland (got a bit of that blarney in my blood too), and I'll check out of more of your stuff. Don't hesitate to drop in on my parable/essay/song blend, if and when it strikes your fancy. Cheerz!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emmy!!!!!!! OOOOO!!! This is so exciting. You will do exceptionally well. I'm sure of it. Ireland's supposed to e amazing. And knowing you, you will soak it all up! Best of luck!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. You're life seems to be a bit exciting! Congrats on going to school in Ireland, very happy for you. I have some irish blood in meself, hehe. I haven't been around on here also, with my life getting some excitment as well. Wishing you all the best of luck to you and your daughter!


Rayne

Posted 15 Years Ago


WONDERFUL! FANTASTIC! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Welcome Back Ms Emmy! :D

You've been thru quite a bit this summer! i envy You getting to dig on sites! :D i'm looking forward to winter here in Arizona so i can go digging again.

Ireland will be a blast! hope You'll be posting pics of that journey! :D

thank You for so many wonderful reviews of my work! :D

Faerie Blessings!

--faerie whisper (breaking the silence...)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YAY!!! she's back. The beautiful Emmy is back. Welcome back hun. I knew you are always up to something. You were never really one to be idle. Well anyways, welcome back.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

*gives a squeak of delight*
that sounds like a wonder...!
sounds lovely, i should get away from this country once in a while
i am turning into a dreadful bore

write!? a muse!?
hoot hoot!
"tell me more, tell me more"~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Congrats on it all Emmy!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
8 Reviews
Added on August 15, 2008

Author

Vatsayayana
Vatsayayana

Carson City, NV



Writing