Never go out at night!

Never go out at night!

A Story by Thomas Matthews
"

A 15 year old pokemon trainer recounts her scary experience on an online forum.

"
Hello, since this is my first story here I'll give some background here. I was born in the region of Alola on Ula'Ula in Maile city, which as you probably know, is quite hot, and known for its trials and what not. My family consisted of me being the only girl besides my mother, my brother, pet Rockruff we named rocky (creativeness wasn't our strong suit), and father. Our mother had died from illness when I was 8 and left us in a bit of a financial rut for a bit. Luckily our uncle was a member of the Aether foundation and was honestly paid more than he needed, so we lived pretty comfortably when he offered to let us live with him.

Now this story took place when I was 15. I wasn't really up for leaving home and going on some bs pokemon adventure, but eventually my father broke my will and I ended up on my way to the next couple of routes with our Rockruff as my partner. He wasn't a pushover either, he defended me and my brother when we were little from a wild vikavolt. However he is responsible for also saving me from whatever the hell this thing was. My first goal was to just see where route 11 would take me, train up rocky, and catch some mons. Normal routine right? What everyone does. I caught a stuffel and went on my way, battling and preparing rocky for our trial.

Fast forward to route 12. Me and rocky stumbled onto a beautiful beach. However, something was off about it. It felt like eyes were on us. You know when your in a public place and feel like someone's glaring daggers at you? It felt just like that. I brushed it off thinking it's just some wild fearow, as we pissed off a few on the way here, but it just grew. After a few awesome battles we said our goodbyes to the few other trainers who stumbled on the beach and set off again, still feeling those daggers. After a while of walking it was starting to get dark. I've never feared the dark, so I just pushed on, thinking I'd get to the next route faster if I continued on.

As I was walking I felt those hateful stares again, looking around I shouted "who's there?". Trying to sound as threatening as I could to the potential attacker although probably wasnt. Nothing...I don't know how I didn't notice this before, but it was dead silent, save for the ocean's laps against the far off shore. Again I called out, I know it's cliche, but it was all I could think to do, I figured it already knew I was there. Before I could call out a third time I heard a cackle up the road, or...behind me? It sounded like someone yelling down a long empty hallway and it echoing off the walls. My hair stood up on end and rocky's ears drooped as he whined. As if mocking us, the cackling sounded again, this time closer, sounding roughly 20 meters both behind and in front of us.

I've heard of trainers getting attacked by pokemon at night, and just thought "great, look what my dumbass did now." As I finished kicking myself for my mistake a pikachu finally made its way into my vision, obviously shaken. It made its way to me with a worried but greatful look in its eyes. It was a bit scratched, but mostly just scared. "This couldn't be what made that cackle, could it?" Still shaken but thankful it was just a pikachu, I continue on with my newfound, albeit scared "friend". Five minutes later I get an even more hateful stare feeling, like I just insulted something's very way of life. The pikachu at my feet suddenly dropped to the floor convulsing, then went limp, fearing for the poor creature I pick it up and check it's pulse, everything seems fine, although unconscious the pikachu was still alive, which was great, I thought. At that moment I heard the cackling even louder, and closer than before, this time accompanied by a screech that sounded like a zubat or golbat right before death, i dont know how to describe it any other way. Rocky suddenly went Bat s**t crazy and started barking and growling at seemingly nothing. Suddenly and without any warning a shadow appeared before us, right next to it a second, taller and fatter shadow. Before I could scream I felt a thousand hands over me, covering my mouth, restraining my arms and legs, and around my throat. I felt something filling up my stomach, and all my muscles turning into what I could only describe as jello, and finally ghastly hands taking the pikachu away. Rocky, with enough force to push a damn makuhita, slammed as hard as he could into me, knocking me out of this binding. I regained my composure a few seconds later with that same  laugh from before followed by a set of evil grimaces. I couldn't tell what these things were, but they scared me to my core.

Eventually I got feeling back in my legs and ran toward the next route, trying to look for that pikachu, but understandably shaken. As I was walking down the road I came upon the pikachu again, this time badly injured, but still breathing, although heavily. I picked up the poor thing and made my way to the nearest poke center. As I got there I was greeted by the nurse who immediately took the pikachu, rocky and me in to be examined and cleaned up. I tried to tell her the story but felt sick as soon as I started. She brought a trash bin and I dry heaved and dry heaved until I finally puked, to which we could only describe as long hairs, all different from each other in length and color. It felt like something, or someone stabbed me in the gut the whole time. The nurse then took the hairs to be tested, which came back as...human. Me and rocky left with the pikachu who was very greatful of our help, and it decided to come with us, but we were obviously much more careful. The whole trip and back we were very on edge and only traveled in the day. Luckily nothing else happened on our little adventure, and I even finished my first trial, but it just goes to show you how dangerous our world can truly be. If you take anything I've said from this experience of mine, it's to at least be safe out there and don't be an idiot like me.

© 2016 Thomas Matthews


Author's Note

Thomas Matthews
This is my first story here, so it may not be the best, but I'm happy with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016
Tags: Pokemon

Author

Thomas Matthews
Thomas Matthews

No, AZ



About
Just a guy who gets creative once in a while. more..