Because The Night

Because The Night

A Poem by Autumn

I grow wild, young and bewitching 

One of many, I'm a dark rose

I glow in the dawn of your love 

Come to me and touch me 

 

I whisper slowly monstrosities 

That sound deliciously sweet to your ears

Such kissable petals I wear

But deadly toxic to the first bite

 

So fragile at the first sight 

Drink my poisonous tears

Bloody venom that will kill you 

Oh come to me baby 

 

Secretly my core wishes 

A storm could crack my stem 

Feel my spines piercing my life 

And fade away in my own trap 

 

But shush, it's a secret 

While I take your soul away

You will bow to my innocence, much... 

In the end, I'm only a dark rose

© 2013 Autumn


Author's Note

Autumn
Thank you for the editing of fireblossom for this poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

An alluring poem of darkness yet hope hides in your strength. Brilliantly written,

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very dark and seductive yet with a hint of remorse. What can she do, the dark rose, but keep her secret.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh wow I really love this, so nicely expressed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Perhaps consider changing slowly to slow, due to the use of the word monstruosities it just flows a little and makes more sense as a line.
Also consider changing sounds to sound, for the same reason but for different wording

Ooo i like this, i dont really understand so there may be a small clarity issue or im just a little ignorant on the meaning.. but either way the words are very creative and beautiful , a sense of unexpected doom and darkness lingerng on what is presented as a beatiful poem.
Defaintly worth reading.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved the word choices and the flow. This was a very good read thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A Black Widow Rose in bloom, warning of her almost involuntary inclination to injure--inwardly, wishing it had never begun.
But, she is not "Widow" for nothing; vengeance for her brutal, unspoken lose of love will be extracted. The dark allure of her abiding hurt--her mangled innocence--may ultimately cause many to suffer severe "stings."
Still, Autumn, you have thoughtfully-- dutifully--posted a "Proceed at Your Own Risk" sign.
Ironically, the line of male "takers" grows longer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, I loved the feelings and emotions that poured out of your words! They were indeed very dark and deep. Your using a symbol of a dark rose was quite creative as well, so good job! Also, I liked how you were able to make this sound so deadly or dangerous. The last stanza was an amazing end to this wonderful poem.

Great job. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such a bitter sweet rose, with petals of velvet sparkling with dew, to taste, dare the reader take hold, only to feel the needle barb sink deep into the heart....all is lost....wonderful poetry. :O)

Posted 11 Years Ago


a dark rose????.my english teacher told me a dark rose represents a new beggining after so much pain.i hope the persona meant to resurrect from the dark side of life.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is beautiful. Inspired by those blood red and black roses, bruised and beautiful..yeah? I feel it, smell it, believe it. -And much more of course. This poem is very personal. And Like it could even just be a fictitious tale well written- It comes off so genuinely, (how do I explain..)
Like it's gut-spilling. And it's real. And it's beautiful. Emotional and thoughtful. Mostly metaphorical. and not ranting.
etc..
etc..
I just love how you related A Self with a the dark rose. The way you have illustrated it is beautiful to me.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1083 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 11, 2013

Author

Autumn
Autumn

London, Kingston, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
Borderline Evil Borderline Evil

A Story by Autumn


The Swing The Swing

A Story by Autumn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


To You To You

A Poem by Liderien