Protection

Protection

A Story by Me_VeeBee
"

Women

"

It was 10.05 pm.

She knew she was getting late for the job.

She panicked as her child cried in the room. She tried to pacify the child to sleep again, but the child restrained.

Now she had no other go but to take her to job back today also.

Taking child to job was her least favorite things. The child would cry seeing her mom at work and she would cry seeing the child shivering in cold. Nights weren't her favorite time. But this was a part of her routine and she had no other choice.

As she got into the bus, eyes of staring men fell on her. She panicked, but decided to remain strong in front of her child. The situation got tense and tense when they started surrounding her, occupying seats beside and behind her.

When one of the men dared enough to touch her shoulders, conductor came there and said her stop had come, little earlier than the actual location. She sighed of relief and looked at him with smile. He replied back with a smile, after all not all men can be bad.

She quickly ran through inside the building and searched for her usual bed outside to put her kid to sleep. Then, she changed her clothes from saree to her uniform. This she had to do it stealthily because the child would mistake her for a stranger and would panic and cry.

As she walked out to guard the ladies hostel, she looked at her security guard badge and smiled painfully, remembering the night that had just happened.

She turned around to look at her child sleeping peacefully on the bed in cold and sighed a relief for she might be able to get the child a good education someday.

© 2014 Me_VeeBee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on November 9, 2014
Tags: child, cry, security

Author

Me_VeeBee
Me_VeeBee

Hyderabad, India



About
In the search of craziness and the craziness of the search, I remain well-defined...! more..

Writing
It. It.

A Poem by Me_VeeBee


Mine Mine

A Poem by Me_VeeBee