Tempest of My Soul

Tempest of My Soul

A Story by FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness


As I gaze upon the ominous gray clouds, I get a sensation of nostalgia as a small village reveals itself over the horizon. This village is know as: Sunokara Village, a melancholy town where no one ever smiles. As I approach the gates keeping the forever barred from the rest of the world, A mysterious man gazes at me as if, we were destined to meet. I have an unusual feeling of longing as I stare deeply into his cold, unnerving eyes which holds the calmness and distil personification of the midnight moon. As I walk up, I realize that this person, this man was revealed to be my childhood friend from years long past, Before I left on my spiritual journey to find my place in this world. We both begin to snicker and laugh mixed in with crying since we haven't seen each other in a dog's age, We reminisce about the days when we used to climb on the old peach tree just in the middle of square. Now, enough about the past, We stroll into the village and I hoped I was able to meet the people that I grew up with. 2 things greeted us as we set foot inside the town: The lonely silence that echoes through the streets of Sunokara village, and a small child with eyes as golden and as pure as the midday sun. I felt a tiny spark in my heart as the child gazed at me innocently, I take a step forward to ask him what has happened to this town and as I approached he let out a deafening scream such as one has never heard before, As the child kept wailing some sort of demonic cry for help, slowly and steadily dark shadows crept forth from every crevice of the town's buildings. They were amalgamated towards the town's sacred place of refuge and prayer: The Lechku Temple. On closer inspection, I see a sort of face that only I remember...it was my own mother! The dark, shadowy like creatures were in despair and looked upon me and my friend as if they were awaiting saviors to relieve them of their torment and suffering. I suddenly felt a feeling of guilt and conviction over what I had done..I've left these people to become so consumed in this melancholy town and my departure utterly destroyed their last hope for sanity. “What happened to this town over the past 5 years?”, This question played itself over and over in my head like a broken record. I now know who I am now, I am a saint..nay a guardian to these people, It is my duty now to restore these people to their former state of mind. I am now Sunokara village's new deity. As I look towards the sky with pure confidence for the future, my childhood friend; Leon places his hand on my shoulder, and he said this to me, “We're gonna fix this town, so that it can be in harmony with the rest of the world” We both noticed something odd as we gazed at the gray clouds of despair...they seem to be..pierced by multiple rays of twilight until the dusty orange sky revealed the image of our town's former guardian: Lechku, the wolf spirit. The wolf spoke to me with these words that would change my life forever, He announced to all of Sunokara Village that on this day, A new chief shall protect it, until the day he dies. I turn around hearing those words echoing in my head...me...actually seeing the wolf spirit making me chief of the village. I had finally found my place in this world, upon hearing these words the shadowy creatures suddenly vanished and all of the town's people had taken their place. I heard cheering for the first time ever in that village..the spirit of Lechku embodied me with god-like dexterity as I leaped onto the tallest building and announced, “Hear me, hear me. O people of Sunokara. I, Daruki, chief of this village shall not leave you no more!” Upon hearing this...the child smiled widely and disappeared into the deep earth below.

© 2011 FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

In all honesty, your writing could use quite a bit of work...

But yeah, I agree with VersusTheHero. Great name.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i just like your name :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 18, 2011

Author

FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness
FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness

Hartford, CT



About
I'm not the greatest guy around, frankly if there wasn't the one special lady in my life, I'd have been dead long ago. But aside from myself I've recently been interested in short stories and all that.. more..

Writing