The Man By The Sea

The Man By The Sea

A Poem by FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness
"

I've been a bit depressed lately over my break up..but I'm at least happy knowing that someone out there is sharing the pain I feel now.

"

There exists a tombstone by the sea,

On that sepulcher stands there, an old man, experienced in years.

He stands there, unmoving, with fresh tears escaping through his eyes.

This man's wife died 20 years ago...due to a betrayal of a friend.

He's been there, standing, all this time, for he realized he has no one to come home to.

He tries to pretend that his wife is with him, standing on the beach while holding hands.

But just when they look at each other longingly, and full of unbridled joy...

Poof!

He comes back to Reality, and realizes that the only thing there is the tombstone.

If you ever find yourself in a falling relationship, be it man or woman. Just remember this story.

You'll feel better knowing that you're not the only one in the world, to stand by your lover's tombstone by the sea.

© 2011 FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This so touching, it really touched my heart...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

952 Views
1 Review
Added on May 10, 2011
Last Updated on May 10, 2011

Author

FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness
FuzzyWuzzyPandaOfAwesomeness

Hartford, CT



About
I'm not the greatest guy around, frankly if there wasn't the one special lady in my life, I'd have been dead long ago. But aside from myself I've recently been interested in short stories and all that.. more..

Writing