Dear Son

Dear Son

A Story by Vikrant
"

A letter from a father to his first newborn son

"

 

Dear Son,

 

I am writing this on a hot Saturday afternoon when you were sleeping peacefully and I was looking at your innocent face listening songs on my earphone.

 

I am going through see saw of emotions looking at your cute face, your semi bald head and cute little fingers and toes. You are one and a half month  old now and I am still trying to come up with the terms that God sent a little angel in my life.

Yes I am a father now. Just few months back I was a guy living and minding my own business.

Something touched when you were born.

 I don't want to sound hyper emotional new father and I prefer to keep both expressing my joy and sorrow under control. I think this is something I learnt from my father and other men in our family. We are not a family of super expressive fathers and you will learn it gradually like I did and will come to terms with it.

 

This is not my love letter to you just my thoughts and whatever way you interpret it when you may read it in future I am fine.

Yes you are special. Very special to me. Yes I cried my eyes out when you were born when no one was around. But keep in mind whole family was happy and may be more than me.

I don't want to guide you how to live your life. I bet you will meet good people who will help you grow and become a person you want to be.

Hope you look at the world around you with your eyes, your new eyes in a new and different way.

Hope you will learn when to care and when to let go and still sleep peacefully  like you are doing right now.

Hope you follow when right guidance is given and lead when needed.

Hope you stay healthy and keep your health as your priority.

 

Stay humble and be proud about who you are and try not to compare yourself with others.

I am sure you will deal with both love and hate in your life but I hope you love back but try not to

 

hate.

It's difficult but I hope you will deal with your emotions with right mindset and  try to always give love a chance.

 

Remember don't stress yourself with any of the advice I am giving or any hopes that I have for you.We are human and we try showing our children path we think is right. But reflect and choose what is best for you. Remember my hope is you live happily with pride and dignity and be comfortable with who you are even you disagree or nor prefer my company for some reason.

 

I hope. Because in one of my favorite movie there is a quote "Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things".

 

Have fun. Enjoy different stages of your life and yes again stay healthy and safe🙂

 

With love,

Your Father

 

© 2022 Vikrant


Author's Note

Vikrant
Please comment in case you see any grammatical error as this is something I am planning to give to my son when he is young enough to read it:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on May 15, 2022
Last Updated on May 15, 2022

Author

Vikrant
Vikrant

MUMBAI, Maharashtra, India



About
A woodcutter more..

Writing
Homecoming Homecoming

A Poem by Vikrant


My Own Demon My Own Demon

A Chapter by Vikrant