Andre's Curse, chapter one

Andre's Curse, chapter one

A Story by Gimmic the Victor
"

in process, this is only the begining of Andre's story...

"
The illumination of the blue moon, cast an unearthly light upon the lone traveler. An unwelcome light, that made the man cringe. 
"if this continues, " he muttered, drawing the deep hood over his head further, "I'm going to get a tan, and if I'm super lucky, a burn." 
He continued on the well beaten dirt path, with long determined strides, knowing that the faster he got to where he was going the sooner he'd be out of the cursed moonlight. 
A few hours later, he stood in front of Gelou Manor, old and covered with spiraling vines. A few lunar flowers blossomed in the Erie light. "Charming as always," he said with a smile, as he entered the black iron gates. With a loud thud, he knocked the old lion knocker. Thud, Thud, Thud. He waited a moment to repeat, then paused again. With a loud groaning and protesting, the doors opened. A small girl, with a velvet purple dress, stood there. She smiled and let him in. Bang! The doors closed loudly, and the man jumped slightly. He shook his head, dismissively, and followed the little girl into the living room. 
It smelled of old spice, as it always did. Spiderwebs adorned all of the furniture except for one lonely couch, that might of been a brilliant rose color once. In it sat an old woman, in elegant attire with a noble air about her. The girl sat in her lap, and the woman smiled slowly down at her. She patted her head as she spoke, looking at the girl instead of the hooded man. 
"It has been such a long time since you have last been here" she sighed 
He lowered his hood slowly, and looked with acute eyes through the gloomy light. His hair shimmered with a dark light, and his eyes glowed green. He walked over to the woman, and knelt beside her. "Ella, you are as beautiful as ever." 
Her gray eyes sparkled for a moment as she found herself lost in an old dream, staring into his green eyes, as if it was the first day they had met. 
She smiled sadly and said, "It is you who is still as beautiful as ever, Andre" 
Tears fell from her eyes as she began to tremble. "As you have been cursed with immortality..." 
The little girl watched with wide eyes, and began to cry too. Andre looked on awkwardly. After such a long time alive, he still didn't know how to react when a woman/children cried. It was worse because he knew her well enough to care. He sat next to them and said silently, "If I knew you were to cry because of me, I..." He stopped as she wiped her eyes, than the little girls. She smiled ruefully and said "No, forgive me. It was I who sent you the letter to come tonight, and yet i have failed to tell you why" 
She let the little girl down before she stood. She took his hand and led him to the backroom. It was in worse condition than the living room, yet it was hauntingly beautiful. One thing stood out, a piece of furniture he had never seen before in the manor. Though it was all to familiar. A tall old clock stood in the middle of the room, still ticking away. As the hour chimed two (am), he stepped backward, suddenly frightened. "Ella, what..what are you doing with this in our old manor??!"
Andre stepped back and tripped on his feet. "Ella??" 
The little girl, laughed and Ella disappeared. "Ella?!" 
"She's been dead for several years now, Andre" 
The voice didn't match that of a little girls, and it rang with a familiar tone. "It...Couldn't be?!" 
"The blue moon was just for you..." 
Andre stood up, still backing away. He tried to walk out but there was something blocking the way. He looked back and cried out. "It's either the portal/clock, or my pet, fluffy." 
Fluffy was a ten foot demon, with bright vermilion eyes, and razor sharp fangs.It drooled, and as it hit the ground with a fizzle,it burned a hole in the floor. Andre laughed nervously. "Oh...?" Andre was expert at running away, and so he swallowed a scream billowing inwards and pulled his cloak about him and said "how about stage left" 
The cloak, that had the power to make the wearer invisible had saved his hide several times. Though he knew fluffy couldn't find him, he felt sure"the girl" would easily find him. He quickly picked up a candle holder and threw it at the window, causing fluffy to charge out the window, after it. 
As soon as he did, he had turned tail and ran as fast as he could. He reached the doors and opened them, with difficulty. As he looked over his shoulder, the little girl, was flying at him, with a wild look. He ducked as she passed over him, just missing him by inches he slammed the door and ran back to the already broken window. Fluffy stood just outside looking around and around very confused. Thank God, those things aren't too bright, thought Andre jumping in front of it without it taking notice, and slipped on by. 
It was several long minutes before Andre stopped running, and stood there gasping. He heard a sound nearby and ducked for cover. It was the sound of someone coming, coming for me, he thought. 
Something heavy tripped over him (still invisible) and fell on him. He let out a long wail, and began saying "No, don't eat me Fluffy!!!"
Suddenly the thing on top of Andre starting screaming, high and loud. Andre realized it was just a kid, though why the kid was out puzzled him. He took hold of the kid and covered his/her mouth and whispered, "Please kid, be quiet or they might hear you!!!" Who, said the kid muffled. 
Andre saw fluffy and pulled the cloak around them both. "Be quiet" 
Fluffy was walking along with a stupid grin, looking from left to right. right to left. In a flash of green, blue light, the ghostly apparition of a woman flashed in front of fluffy. Andre had trouble of his own being quiet when he saw her, sure that it was her who had been in the guise of a little girl. She put her hands on her hips and glared down at it. It whined like a puppy, begging for forgiveness. "I sense the coward, find him and bring him to me. don't kill him." Again fluffy whined and bounded off. straight towards Andre and the kid. Andre pulled the kid and himself out of fluffy's path in the nick of time. For a long time they just laid there. suddenly the kid pulled away, and out from under Andre's cloak. In the eerie blue light of the moon, he could easily see his features. A young boy with short fair hair and two wide brights eyes. Cute, almost like a girl he thought. 
"You, where ever you are, had that thing after you?? what did.." he said suddenly, rather loudly. 
Andre pulled the cloak from his face and grimaced in the blue light. "Quiet, that thing isn't deaf, your gonna..." Fluffy was standing right behind the kid, several yards away, staring, grinning. 
He stood up and whispered, "Run kid." 
The kid stood up slowly, and began walking fast. It bounded on all fours and dove for Andre. Andre Pulled his cloak on, and watched with slight amusement until he saw it follow the kid. He sighed and said, "This kids gonna be the..." Andre ran towards the kid and swooped him up before the demon squashed him. He pulled the cloak around them both and ran swiftly in the opposite direction of fluffy. Fluffy turned in circles, and howled, sending shivers down Andre's spine. He turned his head, as he ran, and to his relief the dumb beast was running away from them. He didn't dare stop, though it was getting harder for him to run with the kid in his arms but he continued on, and on. 
He collapsed as the sky began to lighten, and lied there, gasping for breath. The kid sat awkwardly, looking back at the road. "now, I'll never get there by..." 
Andre sat up and glared angrily at him. "Your not very smart are you?" 
"Whats that?!" The kid yowled in return. 
Andre sighed, and replied 
"You do know you almost were killed back there?" 
The young boy looked up and smiled ruefully. 
Andre shook his head, "What on earth were you even thinking of traveling alone, so late at night?" 
"But i had to.." 
Andre stood and stretched. 
He began to walk away when the boy leaped up and caught his cloak. Andre looked down heatedly and growled, "let.." 
His anger subsided as he saw the tears fall from the boy's face. "I know I'm not very smart, or clever but i had to, my brother said mother was dying, it.s..." 
As the boy continued to bawl he realized that what he thought was a boy, was just a girl in a boys guise. 
Andre shook his head dejectedly and sighed, 
"Look, kid, I'm sorry i came off so sour, it's not your fault. I.." 
She let go and wiped her face and smiled widely. Andre was slightly confused, wasn't she just... 
"So since your so strong and brave will you walk me to my brothers?" 
Andre blinked several times, then frowned. "Look, i would love to, but it's not such..." 
"Oh come on! Remember how dangerous its out here, so late at night?" 
"It's dawn." 
"So, it's still dangerous for me to travel all alone, plus that thing is still out there, you wouldn't let me..." 
Andre scratched his head, as she continued, and kept at it. He closed his eyes to think and suddenly she was all over him poking him hard in the arm, "Well, well what do you have to say? huh huh huh??" 
Andre snapped and shouted, "Damn it girl, fine just shut up already!" He surprised himself, and muttered to himself, "i just said what...?" 
"YAY!" 
Andre watched her gallop away, and turn back to see if he was coming. "Come on, it's going to more fun if we travel together!" 
oh, yes, he thought. a whole bucket of laughs. 
She turned and smiled widely, 
"Oh, by the way my I'm Aluetira"


The sun was cruel to Andre, wearing his dark cloak, and black attire, made him sweat profusely. Aluetira was literally skipping, and smiling and humming, wearing a light cotton attire, the sun seemed to be no effect whatsoever. Andre took off his cloak and was thinking of shedding something, when Aluetira stopped abruptly. "Whats that up ahead?" 
Andre starred hard, but it was hard to focus with the heat, leaving him extremely thirsty, and a whopping of a headache. Andre muttered, "I don't see anything..." He looked down at her, feeling suddenly dizzy, realizing he was very dehydrated. (sorry for the spelling folks) 
She glanced up and said rather loudly, "You don't look so good..." 
Yeah, he thought, thought i would know by now what to do on such a sunny day... 
He then remembered something, "if my memory is right, there's a river nearby, in the forest, that way" he said pointing at the dense trees, dark, and packed together. "Um, mister you know that's a cursed place, right??" 
He laughed, wondering why he hadn't thought of it earlier. Going along the woods, by the main road (with hardly any shade on the either side, for several miles, except the woods that is) 
"Hey, mister where are you going?? We have to go on the road, its safer!" 
Andre shook his head slightly, aggravated. "Look, girl, first off quit calling me mister. It's Andre, k? Second I know those woods better than you, and know my way around." 
"But...!!" 
Andre looked down the road, and he saw something, that hadn't been there a moment before. And it seemed to be coming fast, right towards Aluetira. A man on a grey horse was obviously being chased, by several other men, well armed, on sturdy looking war horses. 
"Kid, get out of the way!!!" the young man shouted as he galloped, the space between them quickly diminishing. Aluetira stared, in horror, unable to move fast enough. Andre knew he was too far away to reach her in time, and was equally afraid. 
But the man somehow had the horse stop just inches from the girl, but the horse bucked and sent him sprawling forward. Andre walked up to check if Aluetira and the rider were ok. The rider sat up rubbing his neck, but soon stood up to run away. Andre grabbed hold of him and said, "Is that anyway to apologize for nearly running over a girl?" 
Aluetira blushed slightly as she watched Andre. "So, strong"...she murmured. 
Andre sighed, looking down at the struggling young man, who looked more like a boy up close, while watching  the armed men surrounded them.
 "Looks like you've lost something." 
Andre looked up, into the face of the only man to remain on horseback. Andre soon realized something familiar that sent a shiver down his spine. The bright insignia, of white clashing with black, on the mans chest reminded him of the royal one, for the Elouas house hold. The Elouas were also known as the guardians of the royal family. Andre let the boy down slowly, and spoke with a slight stutter, "H..here's who you were after, now please leave us..." His head throbbed and his whole body was tense, and in pain from the anxiety of being recognized. The boy looked up at Andre with such fear in his eyes Andre felt his face burn for what he was planning to do. Leaving me, to them?! Is what they screamed, help me! 
"Good, then we shall let you go your way" said the ring leader, and motioned for the men surrounding them to take the boy. 
Aluetira saw his look and immediately, came to his defense, and rose her voice, "Why?? Tell me whats he done that he needs to be taken in with several armed men!!!?" 
Andre felt a knot in his heart as he felt the air about them, no longer was there any chance for them to leave peacefully. It was always custom for those insolent enough to talk back to An Elouas, to have their tongue removed. And if it was a female, to beat her as well before removing the tongue. 
He took hold of Aluetira and covered her mouth, before she could say anything further. It was obvious they all were extremely vexed, and the leader had even gotten off his horse. 
"The child is foolish and ignorant. He knows nothing, of the Elouas, only being risen in the far towns, outlining the wildlands. Please, excuse him, and just take the one you were after." 
Aluetira struggled but Andre easily held her, he whispered anxiously, "These men will kill you if you do not behave!" 
The leader thought a moment, and sneered, spitting at Andre's feet. "On your knees" 
Andre felt like running so badly, and knew if it were only him, he be able to loose them, but for the sake of the girl...the very obnoxious, and stupid, girl, he fell to his knees and brought Aluemira down with him. He lowered his head, and told Aluemira to follow him. Aluemira wasn't quick enough, and was kicked in the face by the Leader Elouas. Andre looked up, knowing he'd be next but the Elouas stopped and looked Andre over with a confused stare, trying to place one thought to another... 
Andre knew then, that somehow the soldier had recognized him. He shook, as the soldier stumbled to say who he was. I have to act, NOW, thought Andre. Andre stood up, his captor drawing his blade where it cut into his neck slightly. "You, the queen wants you. Now...why.." Andre didn't let him finish and pulled his cloak around him, and disappeared before the bewildered Elouas. He easily knocked them all out,before they could think of how to catch him. He reappeared before the two, and Aluemira (who seemed unaware of the blood running heavily down her face)stood up clapping. "Wow, why didn't you do that sooner!!" 
He tore from his shirt a piece of cloth, and started towards Aluemira. Aluemira jumped back, "What are you doing?!" Andre sighed and said, "Your bleeding." 
Oh? Aluemira moved her hand to the gash on her forehead. "Oh..." 
As Andre wrapped the cloth around her forehead, he watched the boy from the corner of his eye. As the boy, turned around to sneak off Andre said, "Stay where you are. There is something i need to ask you." 
The boy turned, slightly afraid, and amazed. "Ok.." 
Andre stood to his full height, and towered over the boy. He said, "You are coming with us. Into the forest, as the men here, " He said waving his hands towards them, "May wake up, very soon." 
He nodded nervously and whispered, "ok." 
Andre lead the way, with long strides, as the two followed him. He sighed as he thought, how in the world did i get into this mess....Now for sure, she will be after me. And to close for comfort.
Ten minutes later Andre sat behind a large redwood, along with the two children. He knew it was safe enough then to talk. Just before he had left the road he quickly made a false track, so they would have some time to spare. He looked at the boy with wide eyes. He knew who the boy was. But did the boy remember me, thought Andre. The boy looked back at him with slight fear, but he knew that he did not  remember from the blank stare. 
He rested his hand on the boys shoulder suddenly and leaned down until his face was inches away from the boys.
"Why were The Elouas after you?" Andre knew full well why he was being chased by so closely but how did he..
The boy shook under Andre's touch, and looked at Aluetira in fear and whimpered. "D..Dont let him hurt m..me"
Aluetira stood up and tugged at Andre's cloak. "Hey, stop it your scaring him!"
But Andre ignored her. "Tell me, quickly!"
"I..if i say for sure w..why the queen..sh..she'll kill me for sure!" Andre knew of the fear the boy was feeling and said with a soft huff  "She also wants me, and as long as your with me, she wont. So tell me, how were you able to escape her grasp?"
The boy looked up into Andre's eyes and shook his head. "i c...cant say it..not to strangers with invisible cl...cloaks"
Andre sighed and put the poor boy down, to Aluetira who hovered about him, asking him over and over if he was alright. 
Andre then turned his head after sitting next to a young red tree, so that he could look at the boy from the corner of his eye. For a moment they glittered  in the few rays of sun that was filtered by the canopy above, but the two children were to busy looking at each other to see it.
"I'm fine..as i am still breathing..for now" he said glancing at Andre. 
"you have nothing to worry about him, you see he saved my life too from a giant demo-" 
Andre covered her mouth before she spoke any more. "You are not to speak of anything inhuman" Andre said in a hushed tone, "here...they might hear you." He then slowly moved his hand away from the girls mouth. She backed away looking up at him with wide eyes. Andre watched from the corner of his eye, the boy inching away. "Stay near" said he as reassuring as he could manage at the thought of the dark creatures tearing him into tiny bits, "I'll protect you both...as long as you two do exactly as i say." 
Aluetira nodded, and he took the young man's silence as a yes. Andre knew that it was safer away from the evil creatures at the border of the tree's and civilization, but the dark spirits were peaceful enough, as long as one doesn't stray to far into its home. He clenched his teeth looking around the small glade knowing which way to go, to avoid both. A very long winding path that started not far away, and only a few yards wide that made it easy to stray into demon sites. He had been shown it once along time ago, so he was afraid that it had changed...but as he looked down at the two children, expecialy the boy...he knew they had to go that way, and he had to be strong for them..
Andre lifted his shoulders a bit and stood as straight as he could. "you two are to walk next to me. Aluetira to my right, and you...to my left. Don't stray behind me nor in front of me...in fact just take hold of my shirt or arm so i can easily...detect trouble." Aluetira wrapped her small arms around Andre's right arm tightly, and the boy grasped at Andre's sleeve, before they started out to the one safe route in fading light.
Andre was amazed by his memory, every step felt like he was walking with his father again. He could hear the echo of his ragged breaths, when he giggled as father sang foul hardy songs...Andre shook his head, and the vivid sensations stopped. As did his memory. It was dark. It was cold and there was a silence about them that made their shallow breathing sound like panting dogs. Aluetira shook, and clung tight. The boy leaned in heavily. Andre felt like he was about to scream or go mad. Then he understood. He quickly brought his cloak about them, as they disappeared into a deeper darkness. He held the two to him tightly and began to back up, slowly, carefully..
A mass of large beings began to surge up, making soft hisses every time they brushed up against each other. Surging up and towards them. He could hear Aluemira's soft whisper and he covered her mouth. Could they see them beyond the cloak?...or smell.. Andre could not tell from the darkness what the beings were but he could sense their malice and hunger. Andre knew his best shot would to run back and then wait for morning to continue this way...but he had a feeling it would only draw attention to the creatures...a collective of demons perhaps..
Andre's head began to spin as he thought of the options. The only idea he could think of that would keep the children alive would be to leave them in the cloak and destroy the evil creatures. He knew he could do it...as the spell on which his aunt set op on him gave him magical powers as well as the curse mark upon his back. It was always dead fully painful to call upon his power but there was no choice he huddled down and whispered to them for them to stay put and be quiet as possible.
Andre took a forward and the hissing stopped. He drew out his and quickly and his hand began to glow, flooding the path with a brilliant light. Loud agonizing screams rang out causing both Aluemiria and the boy to stumble backwards. Andre grimaced as he held the light in his hand and looked out in sudden fear. There were six demons, small for their size but each one held a bright red tattoo on their hides. Transformers. In a few moments the six demons combined in a sickening tearing of bone and skin, burning flesh until a four-teen foot man stood above him, eyes glowing bright red and spits of flame escaping his toothy grin. The worst kind of transformers the balrog, as they were as clever at hunting, drawing fear into a prey's heart, and the ability to speak in every language known to man, elf and dwarf. He trembled before it, wondering how on earth there was such a evil creature a few miles away from the forest border.
"Such a tasty looking mage has come to the front door of my territory. Looking for death are you?" It rumbled gratingly, like the sound of two rocks grinding against each other. It took a step forward, making the ground shake slightly. Andre shook his head several times, knowing he was only feeding into the balrogs huntful nature. Finaly he spoke as the two stared at each other for what seemed like hours.
"I need only to pass through, Balrog. I am going to the Queen's palace, to kill her" 
Andre knew that everyone and every liveing creature knew who the Queen was. 
The Balrog tilted his head before leaning down till his face was level with Andre.
"then you give me one of the smaller ones behind you, to eat." Andre's eyes widened. "Just because i can't see them, i can smell them, smell thier fear."
Andre let loose a blinding ball of briliant light fire suddenly. The balrog's chest had a gaping hole where its heart would be. The balrog groaned and growled loudly before it's flesh began to knit back together.
"That wasn't very nice" growled he lowly.
The tall brawny Balrog slashed for Andre's neck barley escaping from the lethal slice. He fell back to the ground with a loud thud, a large cut that ran from side to side. Andre's breathing came in loud gasps, and his body would not stop shaking. He knew he had dealt with a balrog before, knew thier strength, thier agillity. But this Balrog was near as fast as lighting. By the hungry look in its eyes that he was going to die. He then stood shakily and lighted a flickering ball of fire in his hands and aimed it for hid head, but before he could even will the flame towards its target, the balrog had just about disapeared and its claws dug deep into the flesh on his back. Andre fell under the force of the blow, and spit out blood from his mouth. Now i will surely die. Heturned around and sat up. The Balrog waited for him to stand. 
"why do you not strike me now?" 
It growled,"i have no pleasure in a meal that sits and wails begging not to be eaten...also i wish to let you see the death of the two little ones." 
The children were to frightened to move, as the Balrog snatched them up with each hand. He grinned,
"Watch me eat them little by little"
Before The balrog lifted Aluetira up to his mouth, a arrow shot like a falling star and pierced deep into the balrogs neck.The Balrog felt the arrow and laughed,
"What fool would dare defy my p..power.." The balrog stuttered as he began to sway back and forth, his grip on the children weakened and andre ran in and snagged them both and backed up and watch the Balrog collapse and his body was still. "Who...", said Andre looking from side to side.
He could hear the gallop of a horse that snaped the twigs below and russled among the leaves. But what sort of horse would even dare to enter the forest, them being sensitive to such things. And what sort of man would ride that horse.
Soon the archer came into view. He stood at least seven feet, with wild thick brown hair, and hardened green eyes. From his torso down was the body of a beautiful white mare. Andre murmmed out in awe to be in the company of a centaur, "thank you for saveing us, we are in your debt."
"As it should be for what your previous kin have done to my kinsmen."
The two drew towards, thier eyes glued onto the magical being. 
"I thought centaurs were extinct" Murmered Aluetira.
The centaur took a few steps forward then back, looking down at her.
"Only to those who do not see." As Aluemira tried to figure out what he meant the centaur spoke looking now at Andre. 
"The path you are taking through the woods is now cursed with Balrog and worse kin. You were a fool to even enter theese woods, let alone lead two children in with you. And now you lay there on the ground, half dead by that beast," Said the centaur motioning towards the fallen balrog.
"I...it has been a while since i have been in theese woods. This path i follow was shown to me as i was...a youth." Andre croaked.
The centaur looked over Andre carefuly, circiling him. The centaur dismissed the idea, and turned round to disapear in the woods before Andre called out to him in a harsh whisper.
"Wait! You say this path is no longer safe. Is there a safe path that you could show me?"
The centaur turned back in sudden anger. "I should have left you to the Balrog. I will not help you further."
Andre stuttered., "B-but why I..." Andre coughed up blood before he could finish his sentence.
"Your Father was a murderer, and father and sons tend to blend into one soul." He stomped his hooves and looked back at Andre and the children. 
"But because you wish to lead these children to safety dispite the shadowed reasons...i shall show you a way out of the woods. Away from the main road, where you are likely being pursued by the law." The centaur knelt down and touched with his two middle fingers, the center of Andre's forehead. There was a brief glow that surrounded both creature and man, before the four legged archer stood back up onto his hoofs. Andre brought his hand up to his neck and he felt new skin growing over the wound, also feeling the hot burning on his back lessen in moments to cool fresh skin.
Andre nodded and thanked him softly. "Whom shall i give my thanks to..?" Said Andre as he stood, looking up into the bright green eyes.
"Briar-Firerain" Said the centaur curtly before turning round and started into the thick brush. Andre and the two children follwed with-out a word for severeal hours. Andre was amazed at Briar's stealth as they moved through bushes, fallen leaves, pebbles and broken branches and twigs. Andre felt horribly loud as he inhaled andexhaled, and the children were three time as loud. He was amazed that they were not heard by the evil spirits and set upon. Or perhaps they did but stayed far away because of Briar's powerful presence.
But Andre noticed the farther they went, the farther the tree's came apart, and the brighter the forest floor became. The trees were larger then Andre had ever seen. And as he walked by he noticed some of them had spiraling patterens carved into the bark. Even further along he began to sense other beings that nearly blended with the trees. 
After four hours of walking straight, Andre noticed the children were farther behind. He was about to call out to Briar when he stopped and turned round. It was suddenly very quiet.
"You are safe to rest here. I must return to my people swiftly to tell them of you. And what your fate will be, other then the children who should fear no harm...Andre"
He turned upruptly and with speed like only the wind, Briar galloped away. 
"Has he abandonded us?" said Aluemira waveringly. 
"It will come back, yes?"
The two children looked up at Andre with uncertainity and fear. 
He knelt down so he could look into each of thier eyes. "I feel Briar is some...one we can trust. I know not how long he will be...but i dont think he would leave us to die."
The boy looked down and nodded, Aluemira gave a large smile. "Your right Andre, Briar is good"
She then sat down heavily beneath an ancient tree and motioned for the boy to sit next to her.
"The moss beneath this tree is really comfy" said Aluemira wriggling into a more comfortable postion.
As the boy sat down next to her hesitantly, she layed back and looked up at the bright rays of light the flooded the forest floor with life. "You never did say what your name was" Said she
The boy fidgeted, biting at his finger tips nervously.
"A..Adrid" he stuttered as he stared down at his knees. Andre leaned against a giant, before crossing his arms and resting his eyes slightly. "Adrid..." murmed Andre. The name...he knew that name. Andre opened his eyes suddenly as something brushed up against his neck with a cool hand. He looked to the children who were several yards away, still resting beneath the tree. He stood away from the tree he had been leaning upon, and slowly turned around looking all about. Just green moss covered on trees, and more trees and small bushes. No one was there besides them. The faint noise of the leaves rustling from above, and the sound of his own breath was all he could hear. Then again he felt the cool hand, now it rested upon his cheek. In his ear something whispered. "Andre.."
in front of him a small green light hovered next to his face before it came into the shape of a completly green nymph, and he looked about seeing that there were several of them surronding them. The kids had stood up to inspect the creatures, as they seemed cherful and giggled while dodgeing Aluemira's hands.
But the one the flew in front of Andre was not cute, nor cheerful. It was a bony old nymph; its frame covered in tan and dying long grass.
"You are running from the Dark Queen. But you know it is futile. You will never escape family." said the nymph in the same whisper as before.
Andre turned his head slightly, studying the old spirit that flew before him. 
"I am one of the ancient Hamadryads, Galegaurd of this forest you men call the Shadowed Woods. The moment I felt you step into the bordering tree's I knew you."
"I remember your first walk with the murderer King, that took branch from my brothers tree's. I remember your voice, your spirit....your fear."
The Hamadyad flew closer and laid its small wrinkled hand against the spot where Briar touched him, and again magic lit Andre. "Because i know your fear, I will clear your mind. But it is only because i sense good within your cursed fate."
Andre went limp as the world around him slowed, so much that he could see the spirits wing flap in slow motion, watch the world around him blur and darken. The last words he heard was Aluemira screaming at him to wake up. 
When Andre awoke, 
Briar-Firerain toward over him as well as two others he did not recognize. One was an old Centauress, who towered over Briar, with blind eyes that look him dead in the face. Long silver hair draped over her shoulders and fell down past her bosom, and a strong body of a white mare flecked with gray. The smaller of the three was a young blonde male with intense yellow eyes flecked with gold and a light brown body of a sturdy yearling. Andre stood slowly looking from creature to creature, giving each a nervous smile.
None smiled save the smallest one. Andre took a gulp as he looked towards the larger two. Briar seemed rather sour as the Centauress seemed emotionless, adamant on the task...that laid ahead. The Centauress took a step forward before she spoke in a deep smoky whisper,
"I, Celoa El'mon, messenger of Nim have come to tell you of your fate...
It has been decided that you are no foe to our people, despite your parentage. And yet because of it you have been given... safe passage through our Sae trail, through the heart of Nim' Oclea and out to the northern lands beyond."
The yearling pranced in place as Celoa spoke with a slight gleam in his eye as he watched Briar step away,
"My Uncle is not happy with the decision of the Great Ones. Yet I, Feoldin-Firerain am enthralled to meet you, another immortal and one...with an interesting fate. The stars have told me all about you." Feoldin glanced towards the two children who stood several yards behind the immortals, their feet shuffled nervously back and forth. For my fate, so it will effect the young ones. Andre looked back towards Feoldin who had begun to circle him, then to Celoa. "Where in the northlands exactly would we be going to?'
"Feoldin has been chosen, as well as Briar to see you out to the nearest safe haven of Toddlebrooke, beyond the strong river of our peoples strength, beyond the Algon Hills, beyond the border of the frozen marsh of El' Dui, beyond the Sun sets meadow, beyond a pebbled path, beyond Zuil the young's farm and beyond the fence of an old man's home."
Andre nodded, not catching all that Celoa had said, only knowing that this was going to be a very long detour from..where his fathers path came out, in the southerlands...away from the Queen, and the manor. 
"But going north is going in the direction of..."
"the Wretched Queen of the mortal's and fallen immortals. The Queen you wish to escape. But the Great Ones say it must be so, and i will not question them further.." Said Briar glancing at Feoldin with a faint frown. 
Andre nodded slowly and looked to the young girl and boy and explained eveything he could."
Aluemira hung her head as Andre continued his explanation.
"Will i ever see my mother again?" She whispered.
"Or...brother?"
Andre smiled ruefully and laid a hand on her shoulder.
"I promise to lead you to her...once things have blown over, unless you wish to stay here and let a centaur guide you to her instead?"
She nodded with tears glistening in her eyes. 
"I'll...go with Aluemira and keep her safe...Andre." said Adrid
Andre stood and nodded. After a few moments of arguing with Briar he agreed to take them as far towards her home as possible. As Feoldin began to prance about in place Briar nodded to him. Feoldin gave him a wide grin before turning to Andre.
"Your journey awaits you, come let me guide you to it."
......
first chapter complete.


© 2010 Gimmic the Victor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This story was just awesome! Like most fantasy writers usually do, you didn't go about describing a magical world or stuff and simply got to the story, which mades it feel real, and flows really well. It kept me completely interested from the start to the end, which was a great end btw.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 23, 2010
Last Updated on September 27, 2010
Tags: action, adventure, magic, centaurs, demons

Author

Gimmic the Victor
Gimmic the Victor

Your twisted little mind., NH



About
Not much to say. I'm Victor, though I go by my nickname, Vic. I write when I find the time...either college work steals my time or uh. ~Coughs~ Skyrim of late. There is nothing super new up, but I am .. more..

Writing