A Witch Escapes

A Witch Escapes

A Story by ViolentPizzaCat

Incomplete Adventure

A witch was on a mission to find freedom, to be liberated completely. Never to be reborn or be trapped in some karmic fate or be at the mercy of any god or any other force in this existence. Harsh as it may sound to others but this life needs to have an end.

In one of her adventures she finally met a reptilian being from another dimension, who offered her information about a mysterious pool. Whoever jumps into this pool will disappear and by disappear their body, mind, heart and even their spirit will be erased from existence. I can take you there, in exchange you must help me in return. Before the witch agreed she asked what kind of help can I offer you? The reptilian replied just help me with my cargo, I am a merchant who travels to different worlds and I need an assistant with my products.

The pool that I was talking about happens to be along the way in one of my travels, help me sell and load my merchandise and I'll take you there. Deal, the witch nodded and they both shook hands. So like what the reptilian merchant agreed to they did travel to different worlds and sold amulets, potions, books and weapons to different beings.

A few were hesitant to meet a human because of their reputation while most are just shocked for they have never seen one. Despite of hearing them all the witch treated them with kindness even though a lot of them were rude to her.

The reptilian smiled and admired her bravery because she showed true kindness and not having to preach anything first. Yet he saw something odd about her and he wasn't referring to the way she thinks it's her heart she noticed.

He wasn't lying when he mentioned that true kindness comes from her but she has that look, he has seen it before. It's that look of someone who's begging to be killed, he can feel it. Like when the tears run dry and you can't cry or get mad and still holding on to whatever hope there is left but there's pain that's rarely noticed. He wanted to ask the witch but never did the witch never mentioned it either, in fact she was distant and quiet to everyone else.

Too distant that she didn't even notice she travelled to different worlds and seen beings and places that many can only dream of. Still oblivious to it all because her life she was confined to that earth. The reptilian wasn't aware of the problems of human beings for he hasn't met one but it wasn't his business so they carried on.

As the witch had been patiently waiting they finally arrived to the pool that the reptilian mentioned. She politely said thank you and the reptilian nodded back and smiled as he watched her walked without hesitation towards the pool. He was about to return to his carriage but he wanted to see her off so he walked along with her.

As they walked closer towards the edge the reptilian was quite sad to see her leave for she was a good employee and nice companion, quiet and polite. Still he respected her decision nonetheless but he still wanted to know why, he looked at the witch who took one good look at the pool made a deep breath. Before she could've jumped he asked her if there's anyone who's going to miss her. Anyone he could inform and she looked back at him and thought.

She told him that a war is about to happen there, while people never believed in them they still appeared and gave a warning. That the end was near and war us going to happen, I was a fugitive and barely escaped. I ran away, ran from the angels and demons who chased me, I cried and was bruised but I had to be free so I ran away. I'm sorry, the reptilian replied then the witch asked him does he think humans are bad.

She was the first one he ever met, all he ever heard from them is that they're irrational and fearful. But after reading about they're past and listening to her he understands why. It's like you never had a choice to begin with but hey, who am I to voice my opinion take care, friend.

She smiled and proceeded on but before she was about to jump the witch started thinking about all the people she ever loved. Well they're not all people, but she cared for them anyway realizing this she stepped back and asked the merchant a question. Are there any winners in a war? Even if there's a god involved? I don't know who this god of yours is and I honestly doubt that he is but it seems to me like there's something he's not telling anyone.

The witch looked at the pool and tried to held her tears back frustrated that she has travelled this far but knew that this isn't freedom.

© 2014 ViolentPizzaCat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

133 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: Witch, Fugitive, Fantasy, Suicide