Cheers to the fifths we downed and how pathetic you are now that I'm not around

Cheers to the fifths we downed and how pathetic you are now that I'm not around

A Poem by Eden

Take her away, my friend, cause she’s not my problem to containe, she’s the arrow sticking out my back where you let me take the pain, but she’s not my problem, my friend, no, now the toxicity is yours. And to you my dear, you have no more fear, you can rest your head with an empty chest and know that I always know best, I can’t leave you hurting, you took the safe route out, but from what I’m learning, I’ll never take that same path back, so who in the end is really hurting? And who in the end is really learning? You tell me that while you lie next to her, how’s that view from your back? You tell me that.

 

Take her away, my friend, you're not the first to commit an act such as this, she ran from the one she loved, and she'll regret that eventually, she always does. But make sure you watch yourself now, turn your head for too long, and you'll miss a hit, believe me or be proved wrong. She's got a cloud that follows her through the day and you've got a sick obsession for pain, the chemistry is working today, but when it fails, your drugs will help you out.

 

Take her away, my friend, this story has got to finally end. My breath is pacing and spacing out, my exhaustions running my heart to the ground. And I'm letting you be the last friend to take her away, because I'll be damned if this happens again, I'm done with my hiding and I'm done with my sin, you will be the last friend I ever have like this.

 

And to you my darling, we'll cheers to the fact that you're no longer living a lie trying to treat me right. You made your final escape and with it you raped me of who I used to be, and I can't thank you enough for doing that to me. I found sunshine behind those clouds that were following me singing your name, and I gave up my game, I gave in to trying trial and error, and took the error as my sign that you never deserved or earned your rights to being mine. And with a scar upon my chest I will save it as reminder for the days I spent on my back trying to replace the pain of the withdrawel of your touch leaving my broken body, but I'm not doing that anymore, and for what you're doing, I'm sorry. But my sympathy has lost it's strength and my sorry is losing meaning with it's feeling, when all you've ever said is all I can no longer stand, I will stand up and look you dead in the eyes and tell you I no longer sympathize so try and realize, this time you took it too far. I wish I could say I'll remember you by the person you were when you were with me, but every time you leave the person you are is gone, and that's how I'll remember you from now on. So you tell me this while you lie next to her, how’s that view from your back? You tell me that.

 

Disgusting.

© 2010 Eden


Author's Note

Eden
rough draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
Added on October 16, 2010
Last Updated on October 16, 2010

Author

Eden
Eden

Winchester, KY



Writing