You Are Dressed To Kill

You Are Dressed To Kill

A Story by Viswa Chaitanya Chandu
"

Conversation between a writer and his beautiful wife

"

“OMG! You are dressed to kill,” said Raj looking into his handbook.

                  

“I am not a fool not to identify the sarcasm behind your words,” replied Ananya.

 

“No doubts. You comprehend sarcasm better than anyone else on the planet. After all, that is the language you speak,” Smiled Raj.

 

“Well, all I can say is you are so self-centred a person that you always look at the world from your narrowest perspective and attribute your qualities to others,” fumed Ananya.

 

“Thank you for saying that. I am at least not blind towards world like you.”

 

“Stop the nonsense. I can’t stand this anymore.”

 

“Please sit on the couch then. No one is stopping you from that.” Raj managed to maintain the same smile on his face.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

She sat on the couch and broke into laughter. So did Raj joining her on the couch with a cup of morning coffee in his hands, making his best possible attempts not to spill it on the couch. They often have these pretentious sessions of conversation in quest of lively dramas.

 

“That was great. That makes a terrific scene between the male and female protagonists,” Said Raj.

 

“Yup. And all credits to the lovely lady who was dressed to kill,” said Ananya with a Winky face flaunting her nightgown.

 

“As always. After all, you are the ink in my words and this is no sarcasm.”

 

“Thank you. Thank you,” Said Ananya edging closer to Raj laterally displacing the air in between, only to sip from his cup of coffee.

 

“Cheating. Those words deserve a kiss.”

 

“Why should I answer in kisses when the question is in words, my dear writer?” she said pinching his cheeks.

 

“Because………………………… We must always speak in that language which we are very good at,” Raj said after a long pause giving time for Ananya to recall her skills.

 

“So, does that mean I am a kislinguist?” she broke into laughter again.

 

“That is quite a word. I am impressed.”

 

“All right. I have to start to work now. Have a good writing day. Keep me posted if anything comes out really well so that I can get impressed,” She winked again.

 

Raj finds it so amazing to see Ananya with a winky face.

 

“Why can’t you quit the job and sit by my side while I write?” he said to himself. Something about his girl inspires him so much that he feels the strength of a world of words in her presence.

 

Ananya got ready for her work in a vibrant peacock blue saree with splashes of green and matching earrings. She blew him a kiss as she leaves.

 

“YOU ARE DRESSED TO KILL” Raj moved his pen on the paper looking at Ananya’s winky face through the papers.

 

© 2015 Viswa Chaitanya Chandu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed the story.
“Cheating. Those words deserve a kiss.”
“Why should I answer in kisses when the question is in words, my dear writer?” she said pinching his cheeks."
I like the tone and the good conversation. I liked the flow of the story leading to the every good ending. You create good character and nice place. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I enjoyed the story.
“Cheating. Those words deserve a kiss.”
“Why should I answer in kisses when the question is in words, my dear writer?” she said pinching his cheeks."
I like the tone and the good conversation. I liked the flow of the story leading to the every good ending. You create good character and nice place. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 24, 2015
Last Updated on February 24, 2015

Author

Viswa Chaitanya Chandu
Viswa Chaitanya Chandu

Tenali, Andhra Pradesh, India



About
An incredible explorer of intense emotions. more..