The King and the Sorceress Heart (Part 2)

The King and the Sorceress Heart (Part 2)

A Story by Vx
"

Second part of the story.

"

It’s the morning, Wednesday March the 14th and all I can think of was how my father could give the power of the throne to my brother who is 3 months younger than I. What responsibility does he have? What kind of power can he give to this country, he’s a coward and he’s weak.

I pace back and forward at the balcony where I sat for the night drowning in thought of what could I create with the power of being king. What good I could have done for this country we live in, yet I was in envy of my little brother having the chance to take on the most powerful thing a man can ever hold in his hands. The gift of god was sent down by gods messenger (my father) who was a fool to give it to a man who isn't inspirational to build an army.


“Oh father, I could have made you proud of me.” I whispered to myself while watching the trees dance in the wind. I can hear the Duchess speaking to a woman whose face was so pale that the sun couldn't even hide, I quickly shuffle my way out of the balcony and pace myself to accompany the women down in the yard. On my way down I bump into Alexander, his eyes look heavy and restless and he appears to seem older then he looks. I feel bad for the poor lad at times but whatever heavy burden or grief he is carrying it’s time to push that all aside and attend to his royal duties.

“Brother, you look a little down what troubles you?” the way his eyes are only focused as his feet indicated that he isn't fully in front of me, it’s only half of him that stands and listens and never says anything. ‘Where is the Duchess, Hiatus?” his voice was raspy and unattainable, “In the yard my lord.” I manage to get out without being harsh as usual.


Alexander walked past me into the next room without another word his feet dragging on the crystal floor under him, yet I wonder what keeps him awake at night. Yet I care none for him or none for anyone else, I grow tired of waiting for the country to be in the palm of my hands and the power to control on my fingertips. Waiting for time to take my brother’s life is very tedious and I grow very impatient. I break free from the focus of my brother and walk down the corridor out the front door into the yard where I will meet the Duchess and the fair lady who walks my grounds.

The was sky so much more clearer then yesterday and the grass look greener than ever, I take a handful of fresh air to open my lungs and I shake myself off a bit. It was time I worked my magic on the lady who walked at a slow pace with the Duchess a few feet ahead of where I stood. “My lady! My lady!” I called out as I jogged towards them, the Duchess slowly turning around to only find me standing behind her and her lovely friend. “Hello my lady, I am Hiatus.” I hold my hand out in front of her and bow my head in waiting for her greeting, in a matter of seconds she managed to get out a laugh and put her hand in mine. “Hello Lord Hiatus, I am Anne. Tell me what brings you out your chamber this morning.” I can see the Duchess knew where I was going with this so she decided to cut in before I spoke.


“Lord Hiatus, don’t you have duties to attend too, or perhaps any other activities you must be doing right at this moment?” she gave me the look she use to give Alexander and I when we were children. Her eyes sharp looking directly into mine, I simply smile and bow my head before I spoke “I do apologize Duchess but as of right now I don’t have to attend those duties until it is necessary to do so. I thought it would be very rude not to come and welcome your lovely guest.” From the corner of my eye I knew Anne was smiling, the Duchess gaze dropped mine and landed on Anne who stood there ever so lovely in her dress. I’d love to see how she’d be underneath all that clothing she is forced to wear. “I am honored Lord Hiatus, thank you for the welcome.” She smiles and bows her head; I mimic her movement and decided to take in the thought.


“Would you like to accompany to a fancy dinner later this evening? My treat.” I gave it my all, my charming smile that showed my teeth it always gave women a sense of confidence. “I’d be delighted.” She flashed me a smile of her own as well and in my mind the way her body shifted in front of me she knew what she was getting into, there was no backing out for her now. “I must leave you to the Duchess then, farewell and see you soon.” I took her hand in mine and kissed is gently and made my way to the door not giving the Duchess a glare.


Tonight was going to be something I haven’t had in a while, but whose it to say I am the one doing wrong when half the women I pick up know what they are in for. A rude awakening.

© 2014 Vx


Author's Note

Vx
This is part 2 to the story. Remember this is only a draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on March 15, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: love, king, sorceress, fantasy, story

Author

Vx
Vx

Bronx, NY



About
23|Virgo|Vegetearian|Buddhist|Wanderer Instagram: _novalotvs Tumblr: in-the-force-we-trust.tumblr.com more..

Writing
Painted Signs Painted Signs

A Poem by Vx