The King and the Sorcerers Heart (Part 3)

The King and the Sorcerers Heart (Part 3)

A Story by Vx
"

Part 3 everyone.

"

“IRIS!!!” I am being called by my oldest sister, her voice high pitched as she yelled out for me.

“Coming, Passel!” I manage to shout back before I put down my pen. For the last 2 weeks all I’ve been doing is writing poetry and little stories on love, how silly of me huh? A sorceress who seeks love from a mortal but is nothing but poison to the air she breathes. A monster that kills anyone who steps on her or her sister’s path. “I am a monster.” I whisper to myself before I get up from my table, I can hear my sisters down stairs growing impatient, “Iris get your little a*s down here before I set the drag on you aye!” Passel calls out again and I am halfway down the stairs walking to the room where both Yallie and Passel sit.


“Come here dear, we aren’t going to send the drag on you.” Yallie motions her hand across the room to the chair a few feet away her, and I replied by moving my body in that direction and taking a seat by her. Was I being lectured at this moment? And if I am then for what reason, I motioned my body into a crisscross position leaning forward with my eyes open and attention on Passel. “Now that you have decided to pay attention to us and happen to join us today I wanted to fill you in on what is to come of the days that will soon arrive” she spoke in a softer voice now. “I apologize for my disappearance the other day sister; I just wanted to get my thoughts cleared out a little before I attended my agenda for the week.” I watched Passel’s face carefully, I wasn’t sure if she was sorry or if she was just being straight up bitchy after what I’ve done to her the past week.


Yallie was calm and quiet and raised her hand in front of Passel before she could say another word, “My dear Iris would you like to tell us what troubles you lately?” she spoke in a sympathetic voice now, it almost sounded like she was worried then again Yallie always loved me and cared for me more than Passel.


“I’ve been having horrible visions lately in my sleep; it makes me uncomfortable to even mention them to the toxic air.”  I wanted to keep my horrible nightmares from coming out my head because knowing me I wanted to take a deeper look into why I’ve been having them.

Passel looked flushed and disgusted I could tell by the way she looked at me; she always thinks I am seeking some kind of attention when I speak. I wonder why most of the time she is so crossed with me, it makes me wonder was it because of mother’s death during the war? Or could it be because I am not the sister she’s wanted me to be. I do say I am a lot different than my sisters, but should that give Passel the right to treat me like a dog?


“Why are we wasting time on knowing what’s going on in that stupid head of yours if you never tell a soul what goes through it? Face is Yallie she is just a waste of time and I am not going to sit here and deal with her nonsense.” Passel got up from her chair frustrated, her face red as ever and we watched as she walked out the front door into the shed. Yallie sits there in silence staring out the window where the shadow of her older sister moved and disappeared before she could yell where she had gone. “I am sorry Yallie, I really didn’t have any intention of u�"“I was cut off by Yallie’s little hand in the air, “No worries baby sister, Passel is just having a rough year as you can say.” Yallie’s back turned to me; still her eyes gaze out the window where her older sister vanished. “Just let her be, we all are having a tough time with mother gone.” I said a bit upset with what happened a few moments ago, and before Yallie could turn to me I was gone, rushing up the stairs in a calm matter and headed straight for my room.


“Oh my, where has the day gone my friend...?” I lay in my bed and covered my face with my arms, I didn’t want to see the light nor did I want to see my selfish sister. A few seconds past and I feel a claw on my chest; it was Hail, my baby dragon which I saved from starving in the forest months ago. She climbed up on to my stomach and curled up into a ball and stared at me, she always knew when something was troubling me and even though I have no one else but my sister’s Hail was a great listener. She doesn’t criticize me; she just listens and comforts me. “Hey little one, you came to my rescue.” Hail’s eyes lit up and darkened in a split second, her beautiful blue eyes are so captivating that even a man who is in love with the oceans will fall in love with hers. Her eyes as blue as polished sapphires and sometimes I even get lost in her hypnotizing eyes but in a strange way she always pulls me out of reality and into a dream of fantasy, just like my writing.


“So my lovely little one, would you like to try to fly again today? It’s a nice day out, the sun not too bright, what do you say?” Hail stood up on her two hind legs and breathed out a little smoke from her mouth, by the glare in her eyes she was ready to try again and was very excited.  Outside was breezy and not too sunny; after all we did live deep in the wood trying to look for the sun is like trying to look for a body in the biggest river of Valador. Hail ran in front of me stopping to run in circles then out in front again, my eyes fell off of her and fell in front of me where a shadow of cloud stood. I squinted my eyes a little to try to get a clearer image on what was just a couple of feet ahead of me, Hail stopped and started to growl at the cloud of dark dust. “Who goes there?” I call out, the cloud of dark seems to move a few paces closer to me then backs away as soon as I make a few feet to it. “Who are you? And what do you want?” Hail is growling more fiercely now and the scales on her back seen to tighten, her eyes covered in black and her teeth glaring out. Yet the shadow didn’t pay any mind to her, out of the fog of black I can see a face emerging.


“What are you? Who sent you? ANSWER ME!” I grew impatient of this little prank someone tried to pull right in front of me. The shadow grew bigger and a full body figure was being formed, it was a woman her eyes so dark not even she can be seen in the moonlight, something about the way her face was shaped reminded me of someone I use to know. “Iris.” It called out, frightened me back away a few inches and shook my head to make sure I wasn’t day dreaming. “How… how do you know my name creature? SPEAK” I shouted again not only in curiosity but in fear as well. “I am the storm that will fall on your beloved woods if nothing is to be done about what has been lost in the past.” The dark figure held out her hand and an object grew out of her palm, like magic. “Take this and find your route, what will seem like months will only be days, till then you will be on your own.” I walk toward the cloudy woman slowly, Hail still growling next to me, I reached out to the object that appeared in her foggy palm and gripped it and jerked my hand back to my body.


What was in my had was something of an old legend my sisters use to tell me when I was a kid, not only to scare me but to tell stories that have been pass down and told to my great grandmother to her daughter and from her daughter to my mother and from my mother to my sisters and from my sisters to I. The stone was heavy but felt light and smooth in my hands. “It cannot be.” I whispered, “Am I�"“the cloud of dark was gone and nowhere in sight of my vision. Hail sat in front of me and gave me a weird glare, my attention and focus went back to the gift the strange woman gave to me in my very hands. I was chosen, was I ready for this? 

© 2014 Vx


Author's Note

Vx
Draft of part 3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Added on March 15, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: love, king, sorceress, fantasy, story, witch, dark, magic

Author

Vx
Vx

Bronx, NY



About
23|Virgo|Vegetearian|Buddhist|Wanderer Instagram: _novalotvs Tumblr: in-the-force-we-trust.tumblr.com more..

Writing
Painted Signs Painted Signs

A Poem by Vx