Red Velvet Excerpt

Red Velvet Excerpt

A Story by Brandon Adams
"

Life is full of surprises. So why is death always viewed as an ending? For a lucky few death is simply the beginning.

"

My heart was racing and I could hardly control this wave of sensation that flowed through my veins. I was drenched in fresh warm blood and my body was absolutely on fire. The ecstasy from a fresh kill was so overwhelming that I hadn’t even realized that this was the third person that I had fed upon tonight. When my prey’s screams finally drew silent and his skin became pale; I knew that I had devoured every last ounce of blood from his body.


Three goons down, yet I was still very thirsty. This hunger was relentless and I wanted nothing more than to hunt down every last thug in this place and bury my fangs deep into their necks. Suddenly I sensed swift footsteps coming towards my direction. The doors of the loading bay opened abruptly and I swung around preparing to feed upon my unexpected guest but it was only Zeke.


“Jesus Allie look at you! You were given permission to kill if necessary, not to have a buffet. You’re out of control.”


“What’s the big deal if we were planning on killing these losers anyways?” I snapped back.


“The big deal is you’re far too sloppy and a risk to the entire coven. No one questions a corpse with a bullet to the head. But if someone finds a corpse drained of all its blood then people start asking questions and then we all end up knee high in s**t Allie.” Zeke said while squeezing the bridge of his nose with his thick Cajun accent .


“Well I ugh. I guess you have a point.”


“Don’t think Allie, just do what you're told. Follow our master’s orders and we won’t have these types of problems. Now help me dispose of these bodies and let’s get out of here. I’m sure the others are waiting.”

           
My name is Allison Wong and believe it or not I didn’t always lurk in warehouses in the dead of night drinking the blood of gangbangers. I was never one of the popular girls and if I'm honest with myself I've always been somewhat of an outcast. Never white enough for the Caucasian girls or oriental enough for the Asian girls, if there was ever such a thing. In truth I was never anything special until I became a vampire. It’s funny how life plays out because I never felt so alive until the night I died.

© 2017 Brandon Adams


Author's Note

Brandon Adams
As usual i'm always accepting comments and feedback. Enjoy

Red Velvet was actually meant to be my first book but I wasn't happy with my results. So I ended up putting it to the side to further develop the story and characters. The excerpt posted above is the newly revised story. I have grown as a writer since I started working on this piece and I have some really cool ideas with this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the addition to the story best. You can see growth in your writing skills.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brandon Adams

5 Years Ago

Thank you reading this piece. I've come a long way since I started writing. I'm still growing as a w.. read more
I really like this story! I really don't care for vampire stories, but this one had me from the beginning. I wish it was longer. Great job!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brandon Adams

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my piece Donna. I'm glad that you enjoyed t.. read more
Donna

5 Years Ago

Your welcome ☺

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

519 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 13, 2017
Last Updated on August 13, 2017
Tags: Vampire, Vampires, Urban Fantasy, paranormal, blood

Author

Brandon Adams
Brandon Adams

NC



About
Hello my name is Brandon Adams and I'm here to whisk you away from reality. Writing is my passion and I specialize in creating tales of fantasy and urban fantasy. I accept any and all forms of critici.. more..

Writing