Red Beautiful Red

Red Beautiful Red

A Story by J.I.M
"

red riding hood twisted in with a bit a Hansel and Gretel and from the wolf's perspective

"
Red Beautiful Red…
Padding through the dark forest, I see a flash of red. I sniff the crisp autumn air and catch a scent of mouthwatering cider, raw meat and a familiar scent that I couldn't quite put my finger on. My stomach growls in remembrance that I haven’t had anything to eat in three days... I follow the scent and I end up at the old hag’s house that lives in the middle of the dark forest. Not very smart for a human to live in a dark secluded place with all sorts of nightmarish creatures lurking about. (Like me…) there’s smoke coming from the chimney and it smells of stew; cooking the rawness out of whatever is in it; just the idea of it makes me sick. I stop in my tracks as I see that same flash of red and then old, arthritis contorted hands snatch what seems to be like a young woman, probably close to the age of 18 or 17, and I hear a blood curdling, shock twisted scream…
I dash after the door only to be propelled back forcefully by some kind of barrier. I shift to my human form and walk cautiously towards the door once more. I stand right at the spot I stood at just before I was launched backwards. I hold my hand out and it seems as if in human form I can pass through the barrier. “That old hag must be some sort of witch or something,” I mumble to myself, “or else that barrier wouldn't be around her house...”   
I ran at the door with all of my force, still in human form, and burst down the door. What I saw was even more sinister than what I had pictured the scenario to be... the girl in the red cloak 

was floating over a huge brewing pot with some kind of magical bind on herself so no matter how much she struggled, she would never get free... I had to act quickly and think on my feet because I heard footsteps coming from where the stairs were, so I jumped up with my supernatural strength and grabbed the girl with the blood red hair and dark red cloak and shifted into my wolf and we were suddenly burst out of the house and thrown hard back into the woods in an instantly.
The girl in the red cloak was crying and seemed to be somehow unbound. I padded closer to her to see if she got hurt, but then she scooted backwards with nothing but fear in her eyes. I was wondering why she would be cowering in fear, and then I remembered that I was still in my huge, black fur coated wolf form. I shifted out of wolf form and into to human form when all of a sudden I hear the girl in the red cloak stutter shakily, “y-you’re a… a w-were-”
“The name’s Cerberus, and if you want to live I suggest you run… run like your life depends on it... because it most likely does...” I say bluntly and she stutters puzzled, “y-you don’t want to hurt me...?”
I sigh say frustrated, “why would I save from that old malicious hag if I just wanted to hurt you?!”
“r-right…” she stammers bashfully. I finally look at her face and gasp…?
“w-what’s wrong? Is that witch of a stepmother coming after us?!?!”
“n-no… it’s just… you remind me of someone… someone who was very special to me that I lost a very long time ago…”
“Who are you talking about, if I may ask?” I sigh once more and decide to tell her… “She was my mate… and you look just like her…”
Chapter 1 “w-what do you mean…? H-how could look exactly like her?!?!” she dares to ask him in disbelief. “Well…” I sigh, “you have her eyes… bright blue with remnants of green… and your hair… it’s as luscious and full and bright red as I remember…” I gaze at her with hope clouding my thoughts and almost reach out to her, but then I fall hard back down to reality and growl at myself for being so foolish. “I’m Red,” she says acknowledging the empty, almost awkward silence between them, “My real name is Elisha, but since my favorite color is red, my friends call me Red. It’s nice to meet you Cerberus…” she extends a hand to me; I think meaning for me to shake it. I almost extend my hand to meet hers’ but then I recoil sharply remembering that a witch is after us. “We need to get going, and quickly. Unless you want to be cooked in that awful smelling stew that witch was brewing, which I wouldn't suggest…”
“She’s not a witch!!!” Red shouts, “Well… I don’t even know anymore…”
“What do you mean?” I ask the now watery eyed Red.
“It’s just that I thought that she actually loved me, you know? Like step mothers are supposed to? I never would have believed that she was a twistedly wicked, vile witch who eats humans for supper…” she says with bitterness and distain. Red finally stood up, wiped her tears of bitterness and said, “Let’s go, Cerberus,” seriously and confidently with a grin and an emotion that I couldn’t quite identify.

© 2015 J.I.M


Author's Note

J.I.M
this is my first story EVER so PLEASE REVIEW AND COMMENT!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this story! There were some areas I would suggest editing, but overall it's great! I love your eye for detail, you explain everything so well, I see it all happening! I want to keep reading it too! You should definitely expand this and keep it going!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.I.M

9 Years Ago

thank you soooo much!!!!



Reviews

I really like this story! There were some areas I would suggest editing, but overall it's great! I love your eye for detail, you explain everything so well, I see it all happening! I want to keep reading it too! You should definitely expand this and keep it going!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.I.M

9 Years Ago

thank you soooo much!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015
Tags: red riding hood, hansel and gretel, witches, werewolves, wolf pack, love, fairy tale

Author

J.I.M
J.I.M

Writing
the evil thing the evil thing

A Poem by J.I.M


My Howl My Howl

A Poem by J.I.M


I Tried I Tried

A Poem by J.I.M