Standing Still

Standing Still

A Story by W. R. Woolf
"

One of my newer and more impression heavy texts.

"

The world is moving through time and space. The raindrops are falling through the air. They shatter into numerous little pearls when they hit the smooth curving surface of the roof, some roll down the roof, others begin the fall anew and shatter when they reach the roof, and then the new smaller pearls fall.

I stand underneath the glass dome and watch as the raindrops fall and shatter, fall and shatter, fall and shatter.

I experience time or I would not be able to see them fall, but inside my dome time has stopped. Just to make sure, I dropped my watch over the side of the platform. It slowed and stopped halfway down. It has been hanging in midair for two days now.

However, since my perception of time has not left me, I suspect that time still passes for my body. Then again, I have not eaten since the morning before I threw down my watch, and I have not moved since I looked up at the sky right after throwing my watch, and then the rain began falling and shattering against the dome and the rain is still falling and shattering, falling and shattering, falling and shattering, falling…

© 2013 W. R. Woolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Fascinating piece! Are you thinking of expanding it? Could be interesting as a metaphysical mystery piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


W. R. Woolf

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
As it is, I don't think I'll expand it not very much anyway, I have too many oth.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on March 13, 2013
Tags: Time, rain, perception of time

Author

W. R. Woolf
W. R. Woolf

About
When I was eight, I began making a picture book about a priest who did not believe in God. The picture book was never finished, but a lot of other things were. For example the collection Colours and F.. more..

Writing
Misfortune Misfortune

A Story by W. R. Woolf