The Chasm Caused by a Friendship Slipping Away

The Chasm Caused by a Friendship Slipping Away

A Poem by Wade Jericho
"

Loving someone you're poised to lose is hard, especially when you know there are ways to keep in contact.

"
There is nothing more fulfilling in life than finding someone who knows your heart. The one whom you can just clear your mind with. That kind of connection can bring a life to peace. It doesn't matter whether your friendship lasts or whether you ever see one another again. The meaning remains.
I was lucky enough to realize that I had found one of these while we still talked and could see each other. Many people don't. As they say, hind-sight is 20/20.
But I'm afraid anyway. Afraid that I will never really see her again. This isn't a romantic relationship, in many cases, including mine, but rather a friendship that need not be more serious than coffee once a month.
Now that I see the possibility of losing touch, I try harder every day to keep the connection alive, but I don't know if she even wants to keep talking to me. I'm afraid that she will move on to the great things I know she is destined for, and I'll be left staring at the stars, one of which I once called a friend.

© 2016 Wade Jericho


Author's Note

Wade Jericho
This is really just a personal reflection, but feel free to comment and review anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016
Tags: separation, love, friendship, sadness, sad, fear, communication, soul, mate, nostalgia