Autumn

Autumn

A Poem by Warrick
"

One of January's Mirth; 2009.

"

Autumn fades. My body laying in a bed of dried leaves. Steel blue hues staring blankly up, up through the vast land of dead, dying and broken trees: All bare of leaf, outstretched limbs swaying in the cold breeze... reaching toward a bruised, star filled sky; as if to pull it down.

Moon, who's silvered rays dance with shadows, a silent masquerade of onyx and light; a forever choreographed sequence of concealing embraces and luminous caresses.

The communing harmony of the gray wolf's cries fill the night; her pelt warm with life. Soft. Ageless, yet as old as Mother Earth. Fur linked to the dried, patient grasses; fangs and claws as the ever solid stones. Body, mind and soul as the endless, flowing rivers. Never truly dying. But running ever on.

Autumn; betwixt the warm spring of life and the cold, unforgiving winter of expiration. Betwixt death and rebirth. A pattern so intricate, a path untouched. Of becoming and ceasing to be; a pause between existence and passing on to being again.

Autumn; cool and crisp. Fading colors screaming to be given one last frosted kiss. Winds churn the gears of time, thrusting all into a viscious cycle of life.

Autumn. A collection of unheard stories.

© 2009 Warrick


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 30, 2009

Author

Warrick
Warrick

OR



About
Just. Another. Drifting face. Hovering below the atmosphere; learning to drown in air. more..

Writing
To Turn Away To Turn Away

A Poem by Warrick