A bit of Magic

A bit of Magic

A Story by Kiba-chan
"

A Fox, a Wolf, and a Bit of Magic

"

The girl did not want to marry the cold and boring Prince. He did not love her but they had been betrothed at birth by their parents in order to strengthen both kingdoms. Yes the Prince was handsome, but he was cruel to his peasants. When she told her father, the King, that she would never marry a man who did not love her, he became mad. He declared that she will marry whomever he says and as a girl, she should be happy to get the chance at such a match. But the Princess was stubborn. She argued with the King long into the night as her mother the Queen said nothing. When the Princess said she would rather die then marry the Prince the King became so mad he ordered the knights to lock her in the eastern tower until the wedding.

So the young and beautiful princess did the only thing she could do. She decided to run away.

One midsummer night she tied all her bed sheets together and tied one end of the new rope to her bed post while the rest she tossed out of the tower window. Before she climbed out, her eyes swept over the Enchanted Forest that her tower looked over. You see the Princess had been obsessed with the dark trees as a child and read several books about the Enchanted Forest from the Grand Library. She knew no one was allowed to hunt in that forest because of the spirits who guarded it would take revenge for each animal killed. The spirit protected the trees from fire and water from contamination.; the spirits didn’t take kindly to wandering men bent on destroying the Forest so who ever went in rarely came out again. The Princess decided she would make use of the old superstition and hide in the forest. No one would look for her there in fear. its said there once was a witch who lived within the forest with the spirits and maybe the cottage was still there…As long as the Princess didn’t kill, or destroy anything, she figured the spirits would take pity on her and protect her.

So without a final glance at her gloomy chambers, the young Princess lifted her skirts and climbed out of the small window. Climbing down so far tired the girl, so for a moment she rested leaning against the stone wall not caring that her satin slippers were in mud. But in those few moments the girl allowed herself a guard saw her and shouted! Suddenly the Princess was faced with a wall of guards, so she hefted up her skirts and bolted towards the shadowed trees. She was thin and fast like a doe and quickly evaded the big bumbling men in the thick undergrowth of the forest. She ran and ran and ran until she couldn’t run anymore. With her pretty dress stained and torn, her slippers ruined, the Princess plopped down on a rotting stump and wept. She cried for her father, for her kingdom and for herself.

It wasn’t till she quieted and subdued her tears to mere whimpers that she noticed there were no sounds around her. No birds singing or squirrels quarreling or even rabbits rustling in the underbrush. Frightened she look up from her hands, now wet with tears, and saw a spirit. Or what she first took for one. Startled she stood up and almost yelped but she was a Lady and yelping was unseemly. But then she realized the spirit wasn’t a spirit but instead a young man about her age. Wearing only soft brown breeches the boy held a bow in one hand and a leather strap across his bare tanned chest secured a quiver of arrows to his back. The Princess felt her face grow hot and she quickly made her eyes fix on the mans face. And icy eyes stared back at her. The mans young features were drawn, his leaf green flecked with gold eyes stared her up and down taking in her tattered gown and tear stained face. Without warning he smiled revealing long canines and said “Id figure you’d cry until I had a new river in my wood.”

 

“Mommy…why do all your stories have nice foxes?” Little hands kneaded the fluffy comforter and large round gray eyes peeped out from under. “Ms Cruthers says foxs are mean an trick people. She says-”

 

“How do you know he is a fox?”

 

“Cus all of mommy’s bed time stories have them. Plus he’s magic and handsome. Daddy says all foxes are magic and can turn into really pretty people. But Ms Cruthers says they are mean an she‘s a teacher so she would know for sure right?”

 

“Shhh.” A tired hand rose to the mothers lips as she gently silenced the excited child. “Foxes are quick and clever so to a small minded person, they can be a bit unorthodox.”

 

“I don’t know what un…unorthocks means.” the little girl said curious, thankfully missing the insult.

 

“Unorthodox. It means different, a little strange.” the mother patted the comforter, silently urging the child to be calm.

 

“so you and daddy are unorthodocks, right?” The girl asked proud that she had found a way to use the new word. “’Cus Ms Cruthers says you and daddy are a little strange. that’s why she doesn’t ask you to come in to read stories to my class.”


The mother smiled knowing her daughters second grade teacher was less then warm to her, but since Ms Cruthers seemed to dote on all the children equally, she said nothing. Her tired eyes looked at her daughter, the spitting image of herself at that age, and leaned forward to place a gentle kiss on the child’s forehead. “Goodnight Wil.”

 

“Your not gunnna finish the story?!” she popped up so fast the mother had to pull back to keep from knocking heads with the 7 year old.

 

“tomorrow night. it’s a very long story and you-” she placed another kiss on Willow’s head and tucked the child back in. “have a field trip tomorrow morning to the zoo. Get some sleep.”

“Ok mommy.” the mention of the trip to the zoo seemed to take her mind off of the unfinished story and Willow rolled over, hugging a small toy.

The mother stood and walked towards the open doorway. She paused to flick off the light switch and left the shadow filled room, leaving the door cracked slightly to filter light for Willow. A soft murmer brought her attention to the man leaning on the white textured wall.


“Don’t even say it Kenny.” She smirked at her husband. She swiped her short brown hair behind her ear and walked up to him. He pushed off the wall with a smile and encased the smaller in his strong arms.

 

“I told you so.” Before she could scoff at him, Kenny leaned in and kissed her. A soft, reassuring kiss. “you make a great mom Rayne and Willow knows it and soon so will Kenneth.”

 

Rayne pulled away gently and gently touched her lower abdomen before taking Kenny’s hand. She led him down the hallway, letting her long fluffy black tail intertwine with his poofy white one. “So…I wonder when we should tell Willow…”


His laughter wafted down the hall as the turned into their own bedroom. “I think she’ll figure it out soon enough. After all, your bedtime stories all include a fox, a wolf, and a bit of magic.”

© 2011 Kiba-chan


Author's Note

Kiba-chan
This was written for my boyfriend. Dispite it being extremly short, its was a bitch to write. I had so many issues lol but its cute and short and i like it. Who knows, he might get a laugh out of it.
Btw, The premise is Rayne is a wolf spirit and Kenny is a Fox. Their child doesnt know yet that she is decended from two magical beings and her mother, Rayne, is slowly telling Willow so it will come as less of a shock later.

Like i said, its short but i hope its cute >_>

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is amazing. Could you make this into like a book series, or at least a novel?
Hey, maybe we could co-write it! I'd gladly help another author write a book about foxes and wolves! They're two of my most favorite animals!
Sorry if I seem a bit too excited. I get a little excitable when I think about wolves, foxes, and writing. *hides head, embarassed*
Anyways, keep up the great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


It is. I love it. You always bring a smile to my face. Your stories bring me inspiration and act as the silver lining in my day; because gold lining is so gaudy and no one wants that. lol ;D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

360 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 28, 2011
Tags: fox wolf magic child children lo

Author

Kiba-chan
Kiba-chan

Houston, TX



About
Hiya, im just anouther unconventional, uneducated, and antisocial person who calls themselve a writer. I started out with fanfiction and grew attacted to the written word. I tend to say what is on.. more..

Writing
Join Me Join Me

A Poem by Kiba-chan


Hot Tog Hot Tog

A Story by Kiba-chan