A.M.

A.M.

A Poem by Wasteofpaint666

things I am still learning:

if someone misses you, they’ll find excuses to call you; not excuses as to why they couldn’t.

do not check up on people who are toxic to you. it doesn’t matter how they’re doing. don’t let their flames burn you long after you’ve put them out.

not everything lasts forever. don’t expect things to stay the same. change is good, even if at first it doesn’t seem like it.

let yourself love him. try to forget that he could break your heart with just a few short breaths. it’s okay if he does. act like he could never hurt you. if he doesn’t, keep him around. you deserve someone to talk to.

spending a night alone won’t kill you. spending a weekend alone won’t kill you. you’ll be okay, relax.

if something means enough to you, do it and accept the consequence later. if you still don’t do it, you really didn’t want it that badly anyways.

you will get over it. even if it seems like you’ll never stop crying at night, eventually you won’t remember how it felt to feel so empty. you’ll know a different sadness, but it will be new. you’ll survive each and every one of your sadnesses.

© 2015 Wasteofpaint666


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015
Tags: poem, poetry, personal, love, breakup, self, romance, stupid

Author

Wasteofpaint666
Wasteofpaint666

Portland, OR



About
I treat objects like women, I drink like my dad, and I'm not as cool as you think. I spend more than half my day in head. INTJ, OCD, and BAMF. more..

Writing