I'ts Still About You. THANKS.

I'ts Still About You. THANKS.

A Poem by Wasteofpaint666

This is how it feels to be immortalized beneath someone else’s fingertips. We are setting fire to each other, and we will burn. I will sweat you out like a fever runs through my veins and still ask you to come back �" to remind me, when enough time passes between us, what it is like to swallow flames. A phoenix is reborn, they tell me. I insist that I don’t have wings. I only have you.

You are a familiar pull, gravity knocked off balance, earth’s tectonic plates grinding and creating. I am your island. I am warm sun and the rustle of green leaves and the way it feels to sink into mediterranean and hear only the throb of water dull against your eardrums. I am a land born anew, blinking in dawn, created from the collision of our bodies, like mountains. This is how it feels to be born of dirt and earth and the salt on our tongues; we kiss like we are fighting, nails digging constellations into the blank canvas of our backs and we question nothing, accepting it all in a flash of laughter and moans whispered into your collarbones.

There is so much more of you to hold now. You are born here, sprawled across familiar sheets. You have cracked open the earth to expose its molten core and you have carved our names into the crust. The fire spills and bubbles from our mouths, and we know we will never be able to stop the heat that groans down our spines �" not until you pull me onto your chest, and I can tap the beat of your drumming heart against your arm as if your body’s quiet recesses are your own symphony.

You are a perfect phenomenon, all 
rushing blood and burning body and when we get up to crawl back into our skin, we have left the imprints of our sprawled bodies in ash, where we loved each other again.

© 2015 Wasteofpaint666


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015
Tags: poem, poetry, personal, love, breakup, self, romance, stupid

Author

Wasteofpaint666
Wasteofpaint666

Portland, OR



About
I treat objects like women, I drink like my dad, and I'm not as cool as you think. I spend more than half my day in head. INTJ, OCD, and BAMF. more..

Writing