Generals

Generals

A Story by WatchMeRise

This war has spoiled a lot of things for the both of us, and despite our differences, this is the one regret that we can share. I've spent years fighting your forces and developing my hate for what you do, and while I still hate you, meeting you face to face has created a bit of hesitation in my head. Years of destruction under your reign as your men perpetrated the cities of the nation that I am proud to call my own made you out to be the epitome of evil to me. But, as I stand here facing you, your existence seems precisely mortal. Despite our differences and the battles we've waged, I can respect you. You are the leader of a great nation that I was once glad to call my ally. Even after you turned your back and began to produce iniquitous actions and words. Despite the blood you've spilled on our soil and the blood we've spilled on yours, I can live without fear or anger. In a world where wickedness is the norm, there's no need to waste my time on individual sins. I meet you here today to end this bloodshed and save the lives of the thousands of young men left on either side of this conflict. I understand your aspirations and dreams of conquest, as I once had similar desires, but I am not backing down from my decision. Your men will not spend another day on my soil, and my men will soon return to their homes as yours will as well. I am not asking for a surrender, I'm just asking for an end to this. End the blood spill, catch it before another drop hits the ground. The soil of my country will stay dry until the spring showers come if you end this with me now. Your men will return home without any more decrease in numbers if you end this. How many more families do you want to ruin in exchange for your expansionist greed? Does the heart of a family mean nothing to you? Husbands. Fathers, Sons, Brothers. Does it bother you at all that every day, more and more cuts are being placed in the trunk of the family tree? When the tree finally falls down, will you bear to hear the sound? The screams of the wives and children when there is no one there to hold them. Will you be able to stand it?

© 2014 WatchMeRise


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words cannot describe how much i like this piece. Wonderful. This is exactly how i would imagine general to speak to an enemy general. Bravo!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2014
Last Updated on November 29, 2014
Tags: War, Dialogue, Speech, Fighting

Author

WatchMeRise
WatchMeRise

Writing
Set Sail Set Sail

A Poem by WatchMeRise


Sick Sick

A Poem by WatchMeRise


I I

A Poem by WatchMeRise