What to do? What can I do?

What to do? What can I do?

A Poem by мalғy
"

Well, I'm going through a rough part in my life, and yess I know I used we and our. It's just to get the point out that I'm not the only one going through this(: Well, tell me what you think.

"
What to do when your world is just crashing, crashing around you?
Do you crumble with it?
Stand your ground?
Sometimes you just want to stand so tall but behind that confidence is someone hurt, broken, and destroyed.
Why is it no one ever looks past all of these faces but to your heart?
Don't they notice that once they walk away the smile is gone?
What to do when everything is just shattering in front of you?
Do we have to scream out, just to show what we feel?
We walk in this world, looking, but what are we searching for?
They say life isn't fair.
We get that.
We all sometimes tell ourselves that we are okay.
We know we aren't.
These feelings and emotions, they are hidden by a wall.
We hide it all away, but what are we truly hiding from? Ourselves?
Maybe we are scared to tell our self that maybe we aren't okay for once.
What do we to do to change it?
Suicide, they say it isn't the answer.
We all now it is the back of our minds slowly crawling to our thoughts.
Do we answer?
Let it take complete control of us?
No, we continue to act as if we are alright, but still dying inside of the shell we used to call our self.
Then, someone close to you notices that someone is going wrong.
Yet, we continue to tell them everything is fine, just stressed from school or work.
They believe you.
Yet, we are going on a downward spiral just waiting to crash.
We all know that when we crash that it won't be as easy as we thought it would be.
Yet, we continue to hide and keep everything hidden behind this wall built by years of hurt and pain, but if you look close enough you can see those cracks they are like vines just crawling up it in every direction.
We patch it up here and there with reassuring thoughts but it just becomes too much.
You really want to keep your secrets and feelings locked away so, people go to other methods of home medicating weed, pills, and alcohol.
We learned the signs of depression, we are showing them.
Then, we lie to ourselves thinking that maybe if we thought we are okay then we will be better shortly.
It doesn't work like that.
We want to think its just a rough patch in your life.
This patch has become a forest, full of trees to climb over and roots to fall on, we never think that we will get to the end.
We say people don't know how we truly feel, most don't.
They can try so hard to help you, yet it's only so much they can do.
Then we ask ourselves, What can we do?
What do we need to change?
What do we need to fix?
How can we make our self back to the way we used to be?
Maybe, We aren't okay.
We know we need help, but which help?
This is a question that a lot of people ask themselves but some just continue to hide it.
That is how we end with, What can I do?



© 2012 мalғy


Author's Note

 мalғy
I know, it isn't the best, but this poem means a lot to me for many reason, anyway Enjoy :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012
Tags: life

Author

 мalғy
мalғy

Mt.Juliet, TN



About
Hello, I am Taila aka Malfy aka His {Lets make some updates? Lets do it.} -I am 23, Libra October 2nd -I have a little girl; Leo July 23rd -I am still so white it hurts :p -I have a dog, Bella; .. more..

Writing