Our streets.

Our streets.

A Poem by Loui SE

22.1.15

Our streets are carved into geometric forms as if the well-known order would help us revive our long lost roots.

Our soft feet fitted into well designed, well styled plastic to help us slander quickly and without distraction over the grey, cool streets that safely mark the way as to make sure we won’t find any unknown paths.

Always afraid of the monsters that might hide in the unknown, but always craving the forbidden fruits that uncover our true natures that lay behind the tall brick walls of society.

The one who takes the first step signs a contract of lonesomeness.

The one who throws the first stone is hard to make out, he doesn't mean any harm, he just wants to save the seemingly lost one from the unknown dangers by throwing the properly ordered bricks of culture after him.

Secretly envying and feeling confronted by his bravery and self-awareness.

© 2015 Loui SE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Applause! I like it. I feel the same way... Ever inching away from the brick order into the unknown. Thank you!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Gary

8 Years Ago

I will definitely keep you in mind! From this family book I have, it says they're from Palfau. My la.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by this poetry author.
This is a wonderful metaphor. It is so true, poetic, beautifully constructed. This is a nice piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Loui SE

9 Years Ago

Thank you, very glad you liked it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on June 19, 2015

Author

Loui SE
Loui SE

Vienna, Vienna, Austria



Writing
Deserted Deserted

A Poem by Loui SE