Original Sin

Original Sin

A Story by YouoweYoupay
"

If we had not invented art, I don't know where I'd be.

"

 

 

 

 

Wheather it's the rich colored bulls in caves near Santander, Spain, or the handprints -Tree of Life- in Borneo, Indonesia...

 

Or even the first line drawn in the mud by a tree branch...

 

It will never be certain to tell who first translated imagination into sight, sound, or words.

 

However...it is still questioned, who invented art? Somebody already wondered before I did, and they received various responses on Yahooanswers:

 

'The oldest civilization that I know that had artists were the Mesopotamians, they were the first to create pottery as well as sculpt an image of a goddess'

-ImAssyrian

 

'My art teacher says that the first person that drew a line in the dirt is art. any mark, draying, painting, sculpture, or letter is considered art. the person that wrote ur name is considered as an artist.'

-d b

 

"Art" was invented by a Neanderthal by the name of "Boge Natz". His first model was his wife, Ralph.
He also invented the wheel, tamed fire and discovered religion.'

-SPLATT

 

Now, I'm no sculptor or arabsque designer, but I can tell you how the view seems from my corner.

 

In the afternoon, I look through a window in a quiet room and I see the crown of mint-green trees bathed by the sunlight and when a butterfly accompanies the breeze inbetween the branches, its fluttering wings glow like gold.

 

I've painted the words and I let you see what I see, very similar to creating a painting...

 

But something we tend to forget is that art is everywhere.

 

We did not invent it, but rather learned it.

 

It's more similar to intensly observing a platter of fruit as we move a brush to imtitate its colors and texture, while we are already printed on an easle.

 

It's from the mountains and hills of clouds and melancholous streaks of flashing veins of storms that the Greeks found Zeus.

 

The way the seafoam lingers to hug the sand and leaves it with a glass-like shimmer only to embrace it again gave birth to Aphrodite.

 

The breath I inhale once I arrive back from a dream, all the realms still alive and platable in my mind, and the comfort that rests in my heart after rains cleanse the air..

 

All speak to me of a graceful, loving God.

 

'NOboady invented art . Its juste their . its everywhere. a creation. thinking. love.hate. misery.Its all and nothing .. you can just decide what you believe is artistic... art is a form of expresion ...'

-zxkos

 

Perhaps if the world was perfectly beautiful and if life was smooth and human-centered like a dream or a storybook..

 

Pygmalion would not have carved a woman of ivory.

 

Michelangelo would not have envisioned the creation of Adam.

 

Shakespeare wouldn't have told us of Romeo and Juliet.

 

Beethoven would not have composed a song to the moon.

 

I also return back to the Original Sin in a way that:

 

If the first man had not craved for an apple,

 

he would have remained in Eden's immortality.

 

There would be no effort to make earth beautiful, or crawl towards happiness and against aging.

 

If we were uncapable OR not in need of producing art, I honestly can't see how the world would be.

 

Maybe we would not have been born to existance.

 

After all, and before God had said "Let there be..."

 

He must have been inspired by an imagination.

 

© 2012 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Image: The Apple
*By: lucid-light
*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=apple#/dumg35

Comments and reviews are velcome. lol

P.S: Why can't I add images above or under my writings? It used to work in the past, now writerscafe wouldn't allow me. :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I studied art in college. I suppose I am a frustrated artist. I found myself nodding in agreement as i read this piece. Nicely done

Posted 11 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

11 Years Ago

Artists create and destroy the world. They just don't know it. Thank you, dear.
How creative and imaginative, I love the last part " After all, and before God said " Let there be...." He must have been inspired by an imagination. Extraordinary piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

11 Years Ago

Thank you, so much, Shia! I appreciate the review on this piece. I shall return the favor soon.
read more
Although I'm inclined to say this piece is "spiritually incomplete," being the practicing Muslimah that I am, but I read you work thrice. Delicious.

"In the afternoon, I look through a window in a quiet room and I see the crown of mint-green trees bathed by the sunlight and when a butterfly accompanies the breeze inbetween the branches, its fluttering wings glow like gold." This breathed into me, it is so lovely." Do continue to consort with words and your muse(s). I can’t imagine a world without your words in it.


Posted 11 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

11 Years Ago

Gosh, that was so sweetly encouraging of you. This piece is pretty rough and could use some polishin.. read more
Rouillie Wilkerson

11 Years Ago

Walaykum salaam...and anytime.
Very insightful. Excellent read. thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well written. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed this conversation. I find it relevant in a time when most poetry reads like scrolling facebook updates. I can't quite classify it as poetry in that it needs a reduction of sorts; it's moving, and it's definitely stands as art, but it needs something. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what exactly, only that I feel it. Thanks for posting!

Posted 11 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the interesting review, Libby McKeown. I can't classify this as poetry either, or even.. read more
"He must have been inspired by an imagination."
I enjoyed this poem. You gave many good examples of beauty and art. I believe man had appreciate beauty since the birth of time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts in this amazing poetry.
Coyote



Posted 11 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

11 Years Ago

And thank YOU, Coyote for taking the time to read my thoughts about art and creation.

.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012
Tags: art, love, painting, philosophy, original, sin, imagination, creation, religion, god, after, before, invention, story, music, happiness, grief

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


to melt to melt

A Poem by Emily B